Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    cmm6734 wrote:
    I am still doing New Orleans. I am just adding Dallas and OKC to it. I have booked the hotel rooms, now to secure tickets!

Woop woop! Gonna be fun!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    cmm6734 wrote:
    I am still doing New Orleans. I am just adding Dallas and OKC to it. I have booked the hotel rooms, now to secure tickets!

this is going to be the problem. Dallas is now the only option for 25-30 million people..

getting tickets is going to be like trying to win the lottery..... :roll: :fp:

quick, everyone tell me their ticket strategy so I can adjust mine appropriately.

Roll the bones!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    The only gripe I have is why are they playing Charlottesville? Those folks can do the Baltimore or the Charlotte shows. I think it would maybe have been better to play Charlotte on the 29th, and swung down and hit Memphis(closer for me), or play Houston. I'm not totally shutout, I'm going to Charlotte, but I think playing in Charlottesville is bullshit. Could have used the extra date for another Southeast/Midwest show. Thoughts?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    iisee wrote:
    I posted on this thread many times with a specific request..Charlotte again please!! So I am a happy 10C man tonight...but sorry for others not so fortunate!
    Happy for you....enjoy. :D
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Dallas is the closest they've come to my house in a while. Its a 3.5 hour drive and straight shot north so not bad. Hell OKC is doable..and New Orleans as well.

Though it may seem that Houston is a large city and worthy...this is a diverse city and there was a very good chance PJ would not have sold out the Toyota center or the much superior Woodlands pavilian. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Robert Plant was not able to sell out Bayou Music Center....freakin Robert Plant!!!

Unfortunately Houston's not a rock in roll city.

Peace

Callen
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I'm just so happy to see FIVE DATES in the South! Amazing!

Well said Kimmie!!

Thanks PJ for bringing it down south!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,032
    I really wish PJ would had announced a FL date, but I wasn't expecting it. Oh well. Hope everyone has fun at their shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    The only gripe I have is why are they playing Charlottesville? Those folks can do the Baltimore or the Charlotte shows. I think it would maybe have been better to play Charlotte on the 29th, and swung down and hit Memphis(closer for me), or play Houston. I'm not totally shutout, I'm going to Charlotte, but I think playing in Charlottesville is bullshit. Could have used the extra date for another Southeast/Midwest show. Thoughts?

Funny, I said the same thing about them playing Charlottesville. Why not somewhere closer to the south/midwest? Indy, Cincy, LOUISVILLE, Nashville, Memphis?? A lot of people could have hit those cities instead of 8-10 drives to Charlottesville. I understand I have options and I can travel but damn those are hard choices. Feeling really frustrated when people are telling me to STFU and just travel like I don't have any obligations to anyone other than myself :(
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I really wish PJ would had announced a FL date, but I wasn't expecting it. Oh well. Hope everyone has fun at their shows.
    Drove to Deluna....put few gallons in the car and head to a show. Join us.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    riotgrl wrote:

Funny, I said the same thing about them playing Charlottesville. Why not somewhere closer to the south/midwest? Indy, Cincy, LOUISVILLE, Nashville, Memphis?? A lot of people could have hit those cities instead of 8-10 drives to Charlottesville. I understand I have options and I can travel but damn those are hard choices. Feeling really frustrated when people are telling me to STFU and just travel like I don't have any obligations to anyone other than myself :(

I was hoping for Nashville or Atlanta and was surprised by Charlottesville.

But the midwest is getting a small show next week.

And I'm hoping PJ will have more US dates in 2014.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    cmm6734 wrote:

I booked refundable.. and used my hotel points. I'm going to cheap route this time and just transferring hotels to Dallas/OKC.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

I'll be honest, I had to google Charlottesville to see where it was. That surprised to me too since they are playing Baltimore (154 miles between the cities per google) and Philly (253 miles per google) twice. I think it would have been cool to go from DC to Charlotte then either to Nashville or maybe Jacksonville before heading to NO.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I can't believe for once I get to see PJ without scrambling to look up flight info.

Only doing Dallas and OKC. And on a weekend too! I don't even have to miss work!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    If I travel, now I just have to choose shows on a weekend and most likely that's true for a lot of people without nearby shows. I anticipate those weekend shows will probably be tougher lotteries to win. I wish all us Southerners luck!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    justam wrote:
    If I travel, now I just have to choose shows on a weekend and most likely that's true for a lot of people without nearby shows. I anticipate those weekend shows will probably be tougher lotteries to win. I wish all us Southerners luck!!

I hope you are right about this b/c I'm trying for Charlotte and its on a Wednesday. But I figure it will still be hard b/c everyone from the Virginia's, Tenn., GA, FL, AL, and the Carolina's will be getting on that train as well.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    callen wrote:
    Dallas is the closest they've come to my house in a while. Its a 3.5 hour drive and straight shot north so not bad. Hell OKC is doable..and New Orleans as well.

Though it may seem that Houston is a large city and worthy...this is a diverse city and there was a very good chance PJ would not have sold out the Toyota center or the much superior Woodlands pavilian. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Robert Plant was not able to sell out Bayou Music Center....freakin Robert Plant!!!

Unfortunately Houston's not a rock in roll city.

Peace

Callen

I think you're incorrect about that statement.

If Radiohead and Coldplay can sell out the toyota center, so can PJ.

If Mumford and Sons can sell out the woodlands, well I'm pretty sure anyone can do it.

Also note that Jones hall (2900) holds more capacity than Bayou Music Center (~2300 since the reconfig 2 or 3 years back), and Eddie sold it out 2 nights in a row.

I think Robert Plant just needs to tour with a relevant band... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    I have a cousin in Baltimore that is trying to talk me into coming up for the show. If I do any, I'll probably do that one. Still not sure. Spent way too much at Disney last week.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    Everyone is invited to Phoenix! Great place to be in November! I'm so stoked!
    I hope to see more than a few of you at the Wishlist Pre-Party viewtopic.php?f=4&t=210400

So glad you got your PHX show!!

Thanks! I hope to meet a few of you at the Phoenix Wishlist pre-party! The long ten years without PJ in my state is about to be over!
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    :wave:

Despite he 3 shows in the south they announced, still plenty of places missing out.

Houston - 4th biggest city in America - no shows in 10 years.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Just stopping in to say Hey to all the southerners. :wave:

Shep, glad you have decided to get on board with Dallas.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Still debating whether to hit Baltimore but I have a lot of expenses in Oct/Nov so not sure if I can swing airfare/tix/hotel expenses :(

Anybody give credence to the idea of a spring US tour of some amphitheaters in the midwest/south?

I AM MINE
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:
    Still debating whether to hit Baltimore but I have a lot of expenses in Oct/Nov so not sure if I can swing airfare/tix/hotel expenses :(

Anybody give credence to the idea of a spring US tour of some amphitheaters in the midwest/south?

I say anything is possible after everything I've seen this week so far!
    It's a strong possibility they will kick off 2014 with a third leg in the midwest cities, then head to Australia.
    I do expect this to turn into a world tour.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    riotgrl wrote:

It's a strong possibility they will kick off 2014 with a third leg in the midwest cities, then head to Australia.

Oh, I expect a world tour but I think after Seattle they're done in the US. Enjoy your shows!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:

Oh, I expect a world tour but I think after Seattle they're done in the US. Enjoy your shows!
    Yeah, I don't see any US shows in 2014
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    riotgrl wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:

If anything, Australia would be in February/March. It would be great if PJ did a third leg leg through the Midwest in April or May before the inevitably head back to Europe next summer. But I think you will see some US shows in 2014.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    callen wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    I have a cousin in Baltimore that is trying to talk me into coming up for the show. If I do any, I'll probably do that one. Still not sure. Spent way too much at Disney last week.
    You'll regret it if you don't and you never know when these old boys will call it quits....so make it happen. :thumbup:
  • Options
    grizahamgrizaham Nashville, TN Posts: 338
    Now Pearl Jam wont even play Atlanta..
    Nashville weeps. :yawn:
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    THANK YOU!!!!!

Nutty Local Radio Dee Jay Person!

I was going nuts trying to figure this out.

The Voodoo Fest Contract obligations make complete sense! I guess I'm heading for Dallas also.

maybe....

Or a 3rd leg is announced.... :lol:

Thank you! Thank you! Playing PJ's new song! ;)

Awesome.

:D
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,519
    Really kinda hope I get to meet some of you in PHX and San Diego :)
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    THANK YOU!!!!!

Nutty Local Radio Dee Jay Person!

I was going nuts trying to figure this out.

The Voodoo Fest Contract obligations make complete sense! I guess I'm heading for Dallas also.

maybe....

Or a 3rd leg is announced.... :lol:

Thank you! Thank you! Playing PJ's new song! ;)

Awesome.

:D

Voodoofest contract obligations extend as far as houston?

I don't think so. Usually there's a 90-100 mile clause... houston is 350 miles from New Orleans and the city is 4-5 times the size.... that doesn't make any sense. If that is a contractual clause of playing voodoo i will think twice about driving there to see PJ, because that is bullshit. I can understand the ACL clauses extending to Houston, but voodoo, no way. that's just out-of-line on behalf of people in new orleans.

If I can find some proof of that I will hunt down these festival organizers and give them a piece of my mind.