Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    riotgrl wrote:
    shep wrote:
    So I read through my deep magazine yesterday..

And when I flip to the "mail" section, there's one of my postcards right in the middle of the page!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I couldn't stop laughing.

At least I know now that they're getting my postcards to come visit Houston - hopefully they come and take me up on the beer I've been offering since January!! :lol:

Very cool! Maybe all us southerners need to start a mail campaign, as well as hitting this thread on a regular basis!

I'm already there, just need to start a following. ;)

I've been sending one or 2 postcards a week since January or Feb this year... either touristy ones, or ones from my local craft beer bar (they give you a postcard with your check.. lol...)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    shep, I was sending postcards for a while but I started to get self-conscious because I didn't know what to write after a while.

What do you say? I felt silly just begging them to come here over and over.
    I considered humorous words, but then I thought if I it wasn't really funny it would just seem stupid.
    At the point when I ran out of different Tampa postcards from all the stores nearby, I stopped. :P :?

What types of words do you put on yours?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Here's a nice flower picture I found for today.

2985-sunrise-big-sky-series-coneflower-close-up.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    shep, I was sending postcards for a while but I started to get self-conscious because I didn't know what to write after a while.

What do you say? I felt silly just begging them to come here over and over.
    I considered humorous words, but then I thought if I it wasn't really funny it would just seem stupid.
    At the point when I ran out of different Tampa postcards from all the stores nearby, I stopped. :P :?

What types of words do you put on yours?

Sometimes I'll write out a set list, other times talk about how much money they're costing me in postage and postcards, sometimes just "TOUR THE SOUTH USA" in huge block letters, other times ask why they ignore us...

I dunno really, I write everything I guess... Never really figured anyone read them before now... :lol:

Oh, and I've definitely sent the same images more than once... for a little while back at the beginning of the year i was sending them Radiohead postcards after Radiohead toured through the south and someone gave me a free pack of their postcards at the show... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,650
    Texas
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Just dropped another postcard in the mail. ;)
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Sending one this week too.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:

All us Texans should unite and overwhelm them with crappy texas postcards... who's with me? :corn:

And Speaking of Texans - anyone headed to Austin the weekend? :D

I'll be there with bells on... maybe even in a PJ shirt or two ;)

Actually the only real question regarding my trip is: Jack White or Uncle Neil + Crazy Horse?

I know i'm going to be at Neil's end, but after seeing jack at lolla I was blown away by him and the musicians he surrounded himself with... I don't know that I can skip it... :cry:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:

All us Texans should unite and overwhelm them with crappy texas postcards... who's with me? :corn:

Actually the only real question regarding my trip is: Jack White or Uncle Neil + Crazy Horse?

I know i'm going to be at Neil's end, but after seeing jack at lolla I was blown away by him and the musicians he surrounded himself with... I don't know that I can skip it... :cry:

Skipping the Fest but doing 3 after shows. Hoping to get into the Jack White acl taping.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:

I can't make ACL, as I'm broke as a joke after the Deluna and Missoula trips. I'm still coming down for both Eddie shows in November and the next weekend after for the F1 race & Aerosmith concert.

I'll grab some Dallas postcards and send some out as well!
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:

I just a bought a few more to send too. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Here's a nice picture Google found for me! :)

Pink+Wild+Flowers.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Skipping the Fest but doing 3 after shows. Hoping to get into the Jack White acl taping.

Skipping the fest?

Man... I love going to the fest... haven't made it over since PJ was there in 09... worked called in 2010, and PJ called in canada in 2011, but I can't wait for this year! :D

When are they doing the Jack White ACL taping? I would love to get to see that... the 2 full bands that he has with him are awesome...

I think I spent 1/2 the lolla setlist eye-f#cking the female piano player he has with him in the 2nd half... and both the drummers are out of the world awesome...
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Skipping the fest?

Man... I love going to the fest... haven't made it over since PJ was there in 09... worked called in 2010, and PJ called in canada in 2011, but I can't wait for this year! :D

When are they doing the Jack White ACL taping? I would love to get to see that... the 2 full bands that he has with him are awesome...

I think I spent 1/2 the lolla setlist eye-f#cking the female piano player he has with him in the 2nd half... and both the drummers are out of the world awesome...

This will only be the second time I miss it. Still thinking of heading down there Saturday and scalping a ticket. Depends on my mood after the TX/ou game! \m/
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    This will only be the second time I miss it. Still thinking of heading down there Saturday and scalping a ticket. Depends on my mood after the TX/ou game! \m/

I might have a 3-day wristband you could borrow for Sunday if you need it..

one of my buddies is going with us Fri/Sat, but is headed back to Houston on Sunday for the Texans/Pack game... if we can get his wristband off with relative ease before he leaves (i'll bring a pair of pliers and a hammer) you'd most likely be welcome to a free day pass...
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

one of my buddies is going with us Fri/Sat, but is headed back to Houston on Sunday for the Texans/Pack game... if we can get his wristband off with relative ease before he leaves (i'll bring a pair of pliers and a hammer) you'd most likely be welcome to a free day pass...

Awesome! Keep me posted.
  • Options
    cpsilo1cpsilo1 Posts: 73
    Green day cancelled voodoo Fest.

I'm just sayin
  • Options
    cpsilo1 wrote:

I'm just sayin
    date?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cpsilo1cpsilo1 Posts: 73
    Sat, Oct. 27

EV tour starts on Oct 31
    RNDM tour starts Nov. 2

Unlikely, I know...but stranger things have happened
  • Options
    cpsilo1 wrote:

I'm just sayin

Pearl Jam's trucks are back in Seattle and parked until next year. They're 3 north american festivals, 1 corporate event, and fundraiser pulled in a shitload of money for John Tester and paid the entire road crew's retainer for the year... They be done.

Keep dreaming.

Can't wait to see Ed next month though. :D
  • Options
    cpsilo1 wrote:

I'm just sayin

pe jam shud play this festival fur sure
  • Options
    back to the top for you!

:corn:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    back to the top for you!

• Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:
    back to the top for you!

• Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:
    back to the top for you!

• Options
    shep wrote:
    shep wrote:
    back to the top for you!

• Options
    Some Florida wild flowers I found with a Google search. :)

520951739_0475bb8894.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    probably the last bump before my weekend!
    ComeToTX wrote:
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Awesome! Keep me posted.

PM me your phone # and I'll let you know what's up the weekend.