**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    do it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Very disheartening that people making comments about playing the south are no longer allowed to call in on Wednesdays. Apparently too many people call and say that. At least that's what I was told.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Very disheartening that people making comments about playing the south are no longer allowed to call in on Wednesdays. Apparently too many people call and say that. At least that's what I was told.

Wow, so the 10C is now screening it's phone calls on the AET cause they don't actually want to answer tough questions? That is ridiculous...

Further proof that they're just going to ignore this problem until the end of time (or until they get offered another ridiculous sum of money to play one of our festivals).

The fact that too many people call in about it, should fucking tell you something Tim, that this is a real fucking issue and you need to stop avoiding it and deflecting.

There is a reason I never listen to AET... I can't eat the bullshit that gets fed to me by these people sometimes....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • shep wrote:
    Very disheartening that people making comments about playing the south are no longer allowed to call in on Wednesdays. Apparently too many people call and say that. At least that's what I was told.

Wow, so the 10C is now screening it's phone calls on the AET cause they don't actually want to answer tough questions? That is ridiculous...

Further proof that they're just going to ignore this problem until the end of time (or until they get offered another ridiculous sum of money to play one of our festivals).

The fact that too many people call in about it, should fucking tell you something Tim, that this is a real fucking issue and you need to stop avoiding it and deflecting.

There is a reason I never listen to AET... I can't eat the bullshit that gets fed to me by these people sometimes....

Pretty much said on air that they don't have an answer for it.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:

Yeah it was pretty bad. its just gish tried calling and they said they werent going to take that call on the air. After several people in the AET chat room kept talking about how they wanted pj to play the South Tim and Rob finally addressed the issue on the air. I didn't hear it, but based on the transcript Tim said something similar to "I don't know what to tell you." and Rob said "Tim isn't the tour manager or the band."

One reason its just gish wanted to call was that Stone was a guest on the show and we wanted to make the band aware of how we feel. According to the radio show transccript, Tim stated he has told the producers of the show not to take any calls about the south

I agree that it is ridiculous and we are being ignored. Other questions have been repeated from show to show and some questions aren't even that great. Now we don't even have a way to let the band, management, etc...(who may be listening to the show) know that there are a lot of fans who would love to see a show down here. It really left a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest with you. I was actually listening to PJ at that time and started listening to something else after those comments.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

When did they say you couldn't even call the show anymore? :shock:
    I'm kind of shocked at this behavior.

Why don't they just tell people what the problem is?! Even an uncomfortable or ridiculous excuse like "We don't like playing in the heat because our faces get red and we sweat too much!" would be easier to accept than this fake ignoring of the issue. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:

When did they say you couldn't even call the show anymore? :shock:
    I'm kind of shocked at this behavior.

Why don't they just tell people what the problem is?! Even an uncomfortable or ridiculous excuse like "We don't like playing in the heat because our faces get red and we sweat too much!" would be easier to accept than this fake ignoring of the issue. :geek:

No need to make up a reason. They simply don't want to nor do they really care about the fans down here. How else do you explain playing in tiny Canadian cities TWICE since playing some of the largest cities/metropolitan areas in the United States? 8 years is a long time...especially when places get a show pretty much every year/tour.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:
    shep wrote:

Yeah it was pretty bad. its just gish tried calling and they said they werent going to take that call on the air. After several people in the AET chat room kept talking about how they wanted pj to play the South Tim and Rob finally addressed the issue on the air. I didn't hear it, but based on the transcript Tim said something similar to "I don't know what to tell you." and Rob said "Tim isn't the tour manager or the band."

One reason its just gish wanted to call was that Stone was a guest on the show and we wanted to make the band aware of how we feel. According to the radio show transccript, Tim stated he has told the producers of the show not to take any calls about the south

I agree that it is ridiculous and we are being ignored. Other questions have been repeated from show to show and some questions aren't even that great. Now we don't even have a way to let the band, management, etc...(who may be listening to the show) know that there are a lot of fans who would love to see a show down here. It really left a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest with you. I was actually listening to PJ at that time and started listening to something else after those comments.

That's unbelievable. It's like saying, "Hey, we recognize there is a problem, but we're just going to try and ignore it and see if it fixes itself.".... and it is going to fix itself, soon enough they're going to lose what little fan base they have left in this area of the globe....

Unbelievable. I find it hard to believe that I guy who is supposed to represent all members of the fan club can facilitate the squashing of a legitimate concern of the members.

This "fan club" is becoming more and more of a mis-managed elitist society every day it seems... and the band's ignorance of what's going on here is actually starting to turn me off from them, despite my love of their music. It's disgusting.

They should just send out an email to everyone not located on the east coast, west coast, and chicago/toronto and say, "Hey, we're never going to recognize you as real fans, but we'll continue to take your membership dues as long as you want to pay us."
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    What's funny is that the topic of the show was fans calling in. In the chat, they said they wanted to hear from the fans, and to call in. The AET even says its a show for the fans. I guess we don't count as fans or people anymore?
  • Better Dan wrote:
    What's funny is that the topic of the show was fans calling in. In the chat, they said they wanted to hear from the fans, and to call in. The AET even says its a show for the fans. I guess we don't count as fans or people anymore?

I think that was the biggest disappointment. Why make the topic open to fans calling in about whatever, and then telling me "I'd love to put you on air, but you just can't talk about the lack of shows in the south.."
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    ...so just make up a phony topic to get past the screeners.

Then, when you're through to the hosts sound-off on it.

Sure, you'll probably get censored but censorship is OK.

Wait, it isn't? :shock:

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I was speaking with my hubby just now... one of our new customers,
    who we just found out is a long time fan, had a PJ story for him
    well really an Eddie story.

Back in 95 he was dating a bartender of The Masquerade
    and went to see Hovercraft who opened for, I think he said, Foo Fighters

Anyway he and his girl was back stage having fun and met some people,
    one of whom was Eddie.

He told JB that Eddie was just so very nice. Made great eye contact
    and was very interested in everyone there and what they had to say.

Very genuine... nicest man you'd ever want to meet.

We hear this all the time
    and some here are lucky enough to know that personally.

This helps me to keep the faith that Eddie will come back to see us and hopefully
    Pearl Jam too, that they care and we will see them again.

what_are_you_waiting_for.gif

So keep smiling, keep laughing, keep rockin, keep posting....

PLAY THE SOUTH! :D
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    rhinomagic wrote:
    ...so just make up a phony topic to get past the screeners.

Then, when you're through to the hosts sound-off on it.

Sure, you'll probably get censored but censorship is OK.

Wait, it isn't? :shock:

it doesn't even seem like they're listening when people call in anyway, so the caller probably won't even get censored.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I will still keep the faith.They will play down here eventully. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    :ugeek:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    stoneg wrote:

I'm with you on that at least until the next major tour is announced. If it doesn't happen in 2012 then I have no hope.
    stoneg wrote:

I'm with you on that at least until the next major tour is announced. If it doesn't happen in 2012 then I have no hope.
    it will happen next year - I have full faith
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• milanmilan Posts: 447
    This should happen 2011 during the College Football season - I am planning a tour of ACC and SEC conference football games next year so PJ on top would be fantastic.

Milan
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    do it
    what-would-elvis-do-sign.jpg

HE

WOULD

PLAY

THE

SOUTH!
    :mrgreen:
    pandora wrote:

HE'D

PLAY

THE

SOUTH!
    awesome one... :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pandora wrote:

HE'D

PLAY

THE

SOUTH!
    :thumbup:
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    milan wrote:
    This should happen 2011 during the College Football season - I am planning a tour of ACC and SEC conference football games next year so PJ on top would be fantastic.

Milan

That's awesome, I've only been to 1 SEC football game which was up @ UA in Fayateville years ago vs Auburn. I'd love to go see some other SEC games. I'll be at a few A&M games this year I'm sure. Touring for PJ and College Football would be a dream fall scenario!
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    Play Texas! I'm tired of only getting the "second rate PJ" known as STP, lol
    i want south
    i want my wife to go south on me

fixed it for you Dimi! ;)
  • Third page?!! Nooo!!
    Third page?!! Nooo!!

:lol::lol: i just went looking for it cause it wasn't on the 1st page, and i got to page 5 and started thinking "It can't be this low...." and of course someone else had already bumped it!

Thanks Amber. ;)
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South!
    PLAY THE SOUTH