any news on ticket sales in Australia?

Comments

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Wow, that suprises me I would've thought Sydney and Melbourne would've showed the strongest sales. On the PJ tour TV Chuggy mentions 40k a night which rings true with the capacities for the South American stadium shows in 2005.

Sydney and Melbourne are the biggest venues. Perth is pretty small maybe only 25,000, and Brisbane is 35,000 at a guess. where as etihad in melb and the Sydney football stadium are both pretty fucking massive.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • LucanLucan Posts: 104
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Wow, that suprises me I would've thought Sydney and Melbourne would've showed the strongest sales. On the PJ tour TV Chuggy mentions 40k a night which rings true with the capacities for the South American stadium shows in 2005.

Chugg has prolly looked at past tours, seen that in each city PJ play 3 nights to 15 thousand punters each night and assumed "PJ draw 45k per city/per tour".
    There'd be a huge number of repeat attendees in each city. AARRGGHH!!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    mr.igby wrote:
    Any news on ticket sales in AUS/NZ?

all shows have tickets left.

adelaide:
    G.A Stdg Fixer Field Available
    Gold Resvd Seating Available
    Silver Resvd Seating Available

sydney:
    Ga Fixer Field Available
    Ga Backspacer Field Alloc. Exhausted
    Gold Reserve Seats Available
    Silver Reserve Seats Available

brisbane, the only show nearly sold out:
    Ga - Fixer Field Alloc. Exhausted
    Gold Reserve Seated Alloc. Exhausted
    Silver Reserve Seat Alloc. Exhausted
    Ga- Backspacer Field Alloc. Exhausted
    Nova's Rear End Available
    Silver Side View Alloc. Exhausted

Perth:
    Silver seating only

Melbourne:
    Fixer, backspacer G.A and seats still available.
    Auckland:
    GA Standing – Fixer Field Alloc. Exhausted
    Gold Lower Seats Alloc. Exhausted
    Gold Upper Seats Alloc. Exhausted
    Silver Seating Alloc. Exhausted
    Vip Seating Alloc. Exhausted
    G/A Backspacer Field Available

Christchurch:
    G/A Fixer Field (Standing) Available
    Gold Seats - Lower PKMC Stand Single seats only
    Silver Seats - Upper PKMC Stand Available
    Gold - Hadlee Stand Alloc. Exhausted
    Gold - Tui Stand Available
    VIP Seats PKMC Stand Available

Not surprising, AMI is quite big and it's in the South Island, with another show in Auckland it was always going to be hard to sell it out. Having said that, I think the seats left are pretty average.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    the fact that the auck fixer sold out immediately makes me hope that it's not very big... :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    I think Sydney has sold out certain/some areas a couple of times and Thugg keeps finding more tickets somewhere and putting em back on sale
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Hey Doompony

I thought you Kiwis were sick of us Aussies claiming all your talent as ours - why are we discussing NZ venues on this thread - it clearly states Australia ticket sales. :)

PS, you can have Keith Urban back...

PPS Just jokes - except the one about Keith Urban
    i dont' want keith urban. you're welcome to russell crowe too.
    doompony wrote:
    i dont' want keith urban. you're welcome to russell crowe too.

Actually Russell fits in pretty well with the yobs. You take Keith and we'll call it quits ok.
    nz doesnt have enough flea shampoo for him. lets leave him in nashville.
    deal, now what are we going to do about you taking back shihad.
    dude, i'm not interested. they lost me when they CHANGED their name.... but then CHANGED IT BACK and cited not wanting to change for the americans BLAH BLAH BULLSHIT YOU FUCKERS FAILED YOU SELL OUTS

plus that song "alive" and "all the young fascists" ...so. fucking. bad.

they're all like... popular and shit again but i've completely lost interest.

jonny toogood walked in on my friend getting a blowie from his gf.. jon thought he was having a wank and panicked but then realised there was a lady present and was relieved. same friend i did a painting for and his band were supporting shihad. i went down to the venue and saw jon and went up to him to ask him to pass the painting on and he looked super pissed that i wasn't there to fawn over him.
    I saw one of Shihad's sold out shows down here and I left really unimpressed.

Not long after Mudhoney played to about 100 people in the same pub and it was incredible (still wonding why they put Dunsborough on their tour????).

Anyway - your country game my sister the first man who has ever treated her like she deserves, so you're not taking him back.
    i'll gladly take fur patrol back..... or the 2/3rds that stayed there....
    doompony wrote:

But we're keeping crowded house! :)
    sure... but we're keeping neil finn... so you can have nick and mark. ill throw it a free tim.
    doompony wrote:
    the fact that the auck fixer sold out immediately makes me hope that it's not very big... :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I'd guess the same as BDO?
  • doompony wrote:

But we're keeping crowded house! :)

you're on drugs split enz were much better then crowded house ;)

ANYband with a Finn in it will always be New Zealandies 8-)
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Same as Big Day Out?? They don't split the field for that do they? If yes, please elaborate. I'm very curious.

And, word. Finn=NZ
    doompony wrote:
    sure... but we're keeping neil finn... so you can have nick and mark. ill throw it a free tim.

Wow, that's generous, I've always admired Tim, he is a brilliant talent and has followed a more eclectic and experimental path, with just as much integrity but less commercial success. He just sold out three shows over here. We'll take him for sure - it looks like we have a deal.

My favourite part of seven worlds collide is when he and Eddie (with his hair done like Tim used to do in the 80s) perform I See Red with Liam's band. I'd love to see Pearl Jam cover that - esp now they have Boom on Keys - that would be insane.

Seven Worlds Collide - one of my all time favourite concert dvds.
    topaz wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Same as Big Day Out?? They don't split the field for that do they? If yes, please elaborate. I'm very curious.

And, word. Finn=NZ
    They have the D barrier at the front. It usually fills up by late afternoon/early evening and then that's it, no more entry. Same sort of thing they had for U2 at Mt Smart (or Ericsson as it was then). I don't imagine the Fixer is half the field, but I could be wrong.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    That D sections sounds great, but according to the map on the ticketek site, fixer is just the front half of the field. I hope it is smaller though! Mite try and wrangle a proper answer out of someone....
  • LucanLucan Posts: 104
    There's no barrier at all for the Adelaide Oval show. The entire field is "Fixer".
    Hoorah for early entry.
    topaz wrote:
    That D sections sounds great, but according to the map on the ticketek site, fixer is just the front half of the field. I hope it is smaller though! Mite try and wrangle a proper answer out of someone....
    I kind of imagined that was indicative and not illustrative. Fixer seemed to sell out too quick to be half the field. We'll see pretty soon, I guess.
  • Not long to the start of the tour now, any idea how ticket sales are going? Are we gonna see any sell outs or near sell outs? I think Brisbane is close right?
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    topaz wrote:

my heart just dropped when i saw the configuration for the SFS. it showed the field split halfway between the fixer field and the backspacer field. then i read that the map wasnt to scale and i felt a little better. in my mind im hoping the split is handled like the 06 U2 tour. im remembering what QSAC was like when we were inside the D barrier and how awesome that was.

last time i checked the fixer field for SFS hadnt sold out. i think that was last week. perhpas even the week before. whichever it is... i havent checked this week.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Not long to the start of the tour now, any idea how ticket sales are going? Are we gonna see any sell outs or near sell outs? I think Brisbane is close right?

Last I saw re Brisbane was that only the "Nova Rear End" section had tix left- and that's about 20 kms from the stage!
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

bazzer wrote:
    topaz wrote:
    I kind of imagined that was indicative and not illustrative. Fixer seemed to sell out too quick to be half the field. We'll see pretty soon, I guess.

ordinarily i hate the D barrier, but since i'd have access to it.. i'm gonna get a D barried tattooed on my face. :mrgreen:
    doompony wrote:

Wow, that's generous, I've always admired Tim, he is a brilliant talent and has followed a more eclectic and experimental path, with just as much integrity but less commercial success. He just sold out three shows over here. We'll take him for sure - it looks like we have a deal.

My favourite part of seven worlds collide is when he and Eddie (with his hair done like Tim used to do in the 80s) perform I See Red with Liam's band. I'd love to see Pearl Jam cover that - esp now they have Boom on Keys - that would be insane.

Seven Worlds Collide - one of my all time favourite concert dvds.

don't get me wrong.. i love tim finn.. he's an amazing performer, but neil finn is neil fucking finn ya know. he's my dog's namesake. i have a painting of him in my room. i have a cut out of tim from a stolen tour poster too, but it's behind my door.. hehe.

and i believe neil said that crowded house were an aussie band..... but SPLIT ENZ were a KIWI band. without a doubt. hehe. see what i did there?
  • Brisbane venue capacity is 45,000-50,000.
    Brisbane: 14/03/98, 08/02/03, 10/11/06, 25/11/09
    Gold Coast: 19/01/14, 13/11/24
    Melbourne: 16/11/24, 18/11/24
    Ed solo: 12/03/11, 25/02/14
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm glad I missing the non GA environment as would prefer seats just so I keep the same distance from the stage the whole time and no one just pushed right past. On the other hand love watching cricket at the best cricket oval in the world and would love to see the boys play there :(
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08