Options

Post Your *GREATEST CLASSIC LIVE* Videos Here

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K9OFZ98zq8

live from the deep end
    pete solo
    i'm one

Awesome nothing like Pete on his own.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    He would be approaching his 50th birthday and one THE BEST frontmen Michael Hutchence of INXS....
    Love This Song.....RIP

*Don't Change*....San Fran 1988

Found this gem of a strip down version from Mtv 1994
    *Never Tear Us Apart*

Love the horns in this version
    *Never Tear Us Apart* 1988

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    You know Michael Huthence had to be surprised at the 2:20 mark
    *What You Need* 1991 Arsenio Hall

I can't believe how good the sound and video quality is for 1985....
    *Original Sin*

One of their more unkown and underrated songs, the horns be kicking and Michael's is just booming.
    *Johnson's Aeroplane & Kiss The Dirt 1985*

Somebody should release this show from 85' because the sound & qualty is just too good. I have to listen through headphones.

*Dancing On The Jetty*

*Listen Like Thieves*...awesome

I can't get enough of this concert...
    *Shine Like It Does*

Peace

• Options
    You just gotta love the suit and the collar on that shirt. :D

Royal Albert Hall 1975 *Never, Never Ever Gonna Give Up*

May he Rest In Peace

• Options
    Some of you may NOT know this one but it's... One my favorite songs to be driving on the road.... a drum marathon :D

Golden Earring *Radar Love* 1977 Netherlands

Studio version...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAvrBsp_ ... re=related

peace

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    g under p wrote:
    Some of you may NOT know this one but it's... One my favorite songs to be driving on the road.... a drum marathon :D

peace
    oh yea Radar Love is classic a perfect drivin tune specially nice if you have a passenger along to drum it out on the dashboard :D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    g under p wrote:

peace
    oh yea Radar Love is classic a perfect drivin tune specially nice if you have a passenger along to drum it out on the dashboard :D

ABSOLUTELY, I most certainly drum it out on the steering wheel especially since I don't have to drive stick shift anymore. :D

Peace

• Options
    ABSOLUTELY, I most certainly drum it out on the steering wheel especially since I don't have to drive stick shift
    anymore. :D
    Peace
    stick, those were the days- I kind of miss it. My youth buzzin around Milwaukee in my Datsun- probably listening to and singing along to Radar Love :)
  • Options
    One of the best present day anti-war songs....

*Hero Of War*....acoustic version

Time to bring them home...

Peace

• Options
    I heard their music sitting in the barber shop today and I just had to look what music I had of there catalog. :D They were the masters of jazz and funk in the 70's :D

I've seen this band twice live and there music is just perfect for chilling in one's ride.

Eric Burdon & WAR Feat. Jimi Hendrix - Tobacco Road (Live)...video footage of this would have been out of this world.
    Date: September 16, 1970
    Jimi Hendrix's last ever live performance.

Hendrix went to see his good friend Eric Burdon's new band WAR one night and was invited on stage to play guest guitar, he was dead less than 72 hours later.

*Spill My Wine*..Eric Burdon & WAR 1970 I think?

*Cisco Kid* Live 1973 Midnight Special

WAR....*Gyspy Man*...Part I, Halifax England

I just love the horns and the harmonica man in this band...notice ALL the different types of harmonica's on his hip..like a gunslinger...Lee Oskar
    *Gyspy Man..Part II

Love the wild dancing from way back then
    *Slipping Into Darkness* 1972

First I've seen Soul Train where the music is truly played LIVE!
    *LOW RIDER* 1972

Peace

• Options
  • Options
    May They ALL R~I~P the Great & not so Great musicians of th past.

Peace

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    g under p wrote:

peace

my driving song
    queen
    i'm in love with my car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDNFJpil50
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

peace

my driving song
    queen
    i'm in love with my car

In All these years of listening to Queen I didn't know they had a song with lead vocals OTHER than Freddie. Roger has a great voice, does Queen have any other songs with Roger on lead vocals, GREAT SONG~~~~I Like It!

Peace

• Options
    Even though I can't stand the band, I have to give credit when they write a great song. This one is one great anti-war song with an intro from one of my ALL TIME top five movies~~~*Cool Hand Luke*.
    Some men you just can't reach...
    So, you get what we had here last week,
    which is the way he wants it!
    Well, he gets it!
    N' I don't like it any more than you men." *

*Civil War*....Argentina 1992

Look at your young men fighting
    Look at your women crying
    Look at your young men dying
    The way they've always done before

Look at the hate we're breeding
    Look at the fear we're feeding
    Look at the lives we're leading
    The way we've always done before

My hands are tied
    The billions shift from side to side
    And the wars go on with brainwashed pride
    For the love of God and our human rights
    And all these things are swept aside
    By bloody hands time can't deny
    And are washed away by your genocide
    And history hides the lies of our civil wars

D'you wear a black armband
    When they shot the man
    Who said "Peace could last forever"
    And in my first memories
    They shot Kennedy
    I went numb when I learned to see
    So I never fell for Vietnam
    We got the wall of D.C. to remind us all
    That you can't trust freedom
    When it's not in your hands
    When everybody's fightin'
    For their promised land

And
    I don't need your civil war
    It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
    Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
    In a human grocery store
    Ain't that fresh

Look at the shoes your filling
    Look at the blood we're spilling
    Look at the world we're killing
    Look in the doubt we've wallowed
    Look at the leaders we've followed
    Look at the lies we've swallowed
    And I don't want to hear no more

My hands are tied
    For all I've seen has changed my mind
    But still the wars go on as the years go by
    With no love of God or human rights
    'Cause all these dreams are swept aside
    By bloody hands of the hypnotized
    Who carry the cross of homicide
    And history bears the scars of our civil wars

"We practice selective annihilation of mayors
    And government officials
    For example to create a vacuum
    Then we fill that vacuum
    As popular war advances
    Peace is closer" **

In a human grocery store
    Ain't that fresh
    And I don't need your civil war
    In a human grocery store
    Ain't that fresh
    I don't need one more war

Whaz so civil 'bout war anyway

ALSO this little rare gem by them....Guns N' Roses - Patience - Live CBGB 1987....love the way Axel's drinking beer and reading the lyrics, he loves to whisle....I think this is the first time they sang this song live.

Peace

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCRZZC-DH7M
    "if thats all there is my friends then lets keep dancing
    lets break out the booze and have a ball!"
    I really like this lady, Miss Peggy Lee
  • Options
    Back in my younger days I took it for granted not seeing this man LIVE and then he was gone..just like that. His songs/lyrics have and WILL stand the test of time. I've seen his son ZIGGY many times but none compares to his father...

Redemption Song Live In Dortmund, Germany

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    None but ourselves can free our minds.
    Have no fear for atomic energy,
    'Cause none of them can stop the time.
    How long shall they kill our prophets,
    While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
    Some say it's just a part of it:
    We've got to fullfil the book.

Won't you help to sing
    This songs of freedom-
    'Cause all I ever have:
    Redemption songs;.....

Peace

• Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Rockin' In The Free World ~ Neil Young ~~~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doX6_GKAJ4E

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONCY0xnefAE
    a little unplugged Dirty Vegas anyone?
    this a very fine song
    "you
    Still a whisper on my lips
    A feeling at my fingertips
    Thats pulling at my skin"
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

In All these years of listening to Queen I didn't know they had a song with lead vocals OTHER than Freddie. Roger has a great voice, does Queen have any other songs with Roger on lead vocals, GREAT SONG~~~~I Like It!

Peace

it is a great song and totally under appreciated & unknown
    im not a queen expert so i dont know if roger has other songs...my guess would be that he does...cause he sings the pants off that awesome tune. its gotta be the best car song ever...i have great memories of that song and driving around in my z28 with the t roofs off, blaring it loud, just driving around doin nothing :)

anyhoo...

lottsa great recent vids here again...but i gotta get offline now.
  • Options

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Lively Up Yourself

Lively up yourself and don't be no drag
    Lively up yourself, 'for reggae is another day
    Hey, lively up yourself and don't say no
    You gonna lively up yourself cause I said so

Originally written by Bob, none sings it better I love this song. First released by The Wailers on the Burnin' album :D

I Shot The Sheriff

Peace

• Options

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJug-QBKVM
    I love Cher, last evening the little lady running the karaoke machine at the bar had a Cher-a-like voice
    deep alto, she was very good.
    Seeing Cher live a few times are some of my favorite memories. She is simply amazing.
    I always know when someone is, I get that little shiver when they sing.
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    Lively Up Yourself
    Lively up yourself and don't be no drag
    Lively up yourself, 'for reggae is another day
    Hey, lively up yourself and don't say no
    You gonna lively up yourself cause I said so

Originally written by Bob, none sings it better I love this song. First released by The Wailers on the Burnin' album :D
    I Shot The Sheriff
    Peace

truly bob is top 5 for me. love ziggy as well
    love peter as well

love

love

these 3 clips taken from the same show, omg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QVdN83c ... re=related
    Where You Gonna Run - Peter Tosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD87ksdS ... re=related
    Peter Tosh - Johnny B. Goode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4nF-BTclRM
    Peter Tosh 'Equal Rights" & 'DownPressor Man'
  • Options
    BushDoctor1978.jpg

Yes Peter Tosh another very talented member of the Wailers aside from Bob and Bunny Wailer. He was a rising star and about to record with Mick Jagger at the time he was killed in his home. I was in Jamaica in 1987 doing some hurricane relief and staying with my half brother, only 5 miles from where he lived in the St Andrews Hills. Nice to see PT getting some respect like he would say *Legalize It* mon.

tosh_legalf.jpgClassic album and image

Years earlier Bob Marley almost lost his life at his home in Kingston when he was shot in his chest and arm.

220px-Bob-Star.jpg

Love sharing these stories it amazes me the stoies that can be shared. :D

1246940534_bob.jpgBack in the day of ska when my Dad toured the island with his soundsystem playing the Wailin' Wailers.

Peace

• Options
    coooool mon 8-)8-)

i have a bunch of those same tosh songs, from the exact same show on dvdr, and if you look in his hand closely he sings almost the whole show with a reefer in his hand, while holding the mic. :shock:
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    g under p wrote:
    Even though I can't stand the band, I have to give credit when they write a great song. This one is one great anti-war song with an intro from one of my ALL TIME top five movies~~~*Cool Hand Luke*.
    Some men you just can't reach...
    So, you get what we had here last week,
    which is the way he wants it!
    Well, he gets it!
    N' I don't like it any more than you men." *

*Civil War*....Argentina 1992

Look at your young men fighting
    Look at your women crying
    Look at your young men dying
    The way they've always done before

Look at the hate we're breeding
    Look at the fear we're feeding
    Look at the lives we're leading

My hands are tied
    The billions shift from side to side
    And the wars go on with brainwashed pride
    For the love of God and our human rights
    And all these things are swept aside
    By bloody hands time can't deny
    And are washed away by your genocide
    And history hides the lies of our civil wars

D'you wear a black armband
    When they shot the man
    Who said "Peace could last forever"
    And in my first memories
    They shot Kennedy
    I went numb when I learned to see
    So I never fell for Vietnam
    We got the wall of D.C. to remind us all
    That you can't trust freedom
    When it's not in your hands
    When everybody's fightin'
    For their promised land

And
    In a human grocery store
    Ain't that fresh

Look at the shoes your filling
    Look at the blood we're spilling
    Look at the world we're killing
    Look in the doubt we've wallowed
    Look at the leaders we've followed
    Look at the lies we've swallowed
    And I don't want to hear no more

My hands are tied
    For all I've seen has changed my mind
    But still the wars go on as the years go by
    With no love of God or human rights
    'Cause all these dreams are swept aside
    By bloody hands of the hypnotized
    Who carry the cross of homicide
    And history bears the scars of our civil wars

"We practice selective annihilation of mayors
    And government officials
    For example to create a vacuum
    Then we fill that vacuum
    As popular war advances
    Peace is closer" **

In a human grocery store
    Ain't that fresh
    And I don't need your civil war
    In a human grocery store
    Ain't that fresh

Whaz so civil 'bout war anyway

ALSO this little rare gem by them....Guns N' Roses - Patience - Live CBGB 1987....love the way Axel's drinking beer and reading the lyrics, he loves to whisle....I think this is the first time they sang this song live.

Peace

GunderP, you do realize Bob Dylan wrote this song and not GNR, right? Agreed though, great cover.