Options

Post Your *GREATEST CLASSIC LIVE* Videos Here

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    ^^^That was a treat.

Here's another clip with David Gilmour, doing Give Blood with Pete Townshend:
    http://youtu.be/LeXf90OGTHE
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    ^^^That was a treat.

Here's another clip with David Gilmour, doing Give Blood with Pete Townshend:
    http://youtu.be/LeXf90OGTHE

Oh no thank you cause I just love that song and Pete and you posted it in the correct thread. :D Thanks again Who Princess.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    My thanks to imalive for turning me on to this clip:

Stephen Stills--Crossroads/You Can't Catch Me
    http://youtu.be/m3_x2I8FQ8Q
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING how they did this hologram. I'm sure we'll see more of this kind of stuff in future LIVE concerts....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajVGIRsKXdo

Peace

one of the coolest things i have seen "seen". thanks to youtube!
    the possibilities are blowing mind wide open today :o :shock: :o
    imagine if they could hologram that rainbow 77 marley show ? OMG
    and/or bring back garcia and have him play with his bandmates
    and
    and and
    or?

On sports talk radio of all places brought up the question of who would want to bring back in hologram to watch and listen to in concert?

The listeners chimed with theirs here are some of mine.

QUEEN...Freddie M
    Bob Marley and Peter Tosh withthe WAILERS
    Michael Jackson before his lighter shade
    The Doors...Jim Morrison
    INXS....Michael Hutchence
    Ronnie James Dio
    Barry White
    Jimmy Hendrix
    Issac Hayes

To name a few

Peace

Close to what I asked but they are getting there....

Freddie Mercury Illusion: Queen Says It Will Bring Singer On Stage, Insists He Won't Be A Hologram

s-FREDDIE-MERCURY-ILLUSION-large.jpg

Peace

• Options

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm glad he was able to survive his motorcycle accident to still be able to walk much less perform. He ruled Mtv in the 80's with his videos and I saw him once in Northern Virginia on the Whiplash Smile Tour or something like that. All I know he had this giant vagina on the stage on the same night the Washington Capitals played a playoff game to 5 or 6 overtimes till 2 am. One really kool guy even back in his wild days in the late 80's and in good shape today...he has to be atleast 60 now.

1987wq7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9IqN5N0 ... re=related

peace
    Post edited by g under p on

• Options
    edited May 2012
    HE PASSED away 2 years ago today heres to you Ronnie James DIO....

1022.gif1983 Ronnie James Dio "Rainbow In The Dark" (Rock Palace) 1022.gif

200px-Dio_monument.jpeg

His statue in Bulgaria

Peace

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    g under p wrote:

nice find man. i hadn't seen that clip before, so thanks!!
    do u know if thats robert fripp on guitar? or? :shock:
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

More on that 50th birthday concert MSG love me some Bowie ever since and before the Glass Spider tour.

9th January 1997 - One day after his actual birthday, David performs live at Madison Square Garden, New York City, accompanied by some special guests :)

Those eyeballs are the best damn props ever.

The backing band consisted of:
    Reeves Gabrels - lead guitar
    Gail Ann Dorsey - bass, vocals
    Zachary Alford - drums
    Mike Garson - keyboards

Special guests;.....
    Billy Corgan Smashing Pumpkins
    Frank Black SonicYouth
    Robert Smith The Cure
    Brian Molko
    Lou Reed Foo fighters
    Dave grohl

David Bowie & Friends - 50th Birthday Concert (Part 1)
    David Bowie & Friends - 50th Birthday Concert (Part 2)
    David Bowie & Friends - 50th Birthday Concert (Part 3)

All the proceeds from the show were donated to the 'Save the Children' charity organisation.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

More on that 50th birthday concert MSG love me some Bowie ever since and before the Glass Spider tour.

9th January 1997 - One day after his actual birthday, David performs live at Madison Square Garden, New York City, accompanied by some special guests :)

Zachary Alford - drums
    Mike Garson - keyboards

Special guests;.....
    Frank Black SonicYouth
    Robert Smith The Cure
    Brian Molko
    Lou Reed Foo fighters
    Dave grohl

All the proceeds from the show were donated to the 'Save the Children' charity organisation.

Peace

u r king man. thanks
    iloveyoutube and the fact that full shows are being hosted there now
    i juss gotta get that 57" tv with the hdmi cable werking and ill be set 8-)
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

g under p wrote:

Zachary Alford - drums
    Mike Garson - keyboards

Special guests;.....
    Frank Black SonicYouth
    Robert Smith The Cure
    Brian Molko
    Lou Reed Foo fighters
    Dave grohl

Peace

u r king man. thanks
    iloveyoutube and the fact that full shows are being hosted there now
    i juss gotta get that 57" tv with the hdmi cable werking and ill be set 8-)

You are more than welcome...nothing like sharing these classic live performances. It tells the story why many of love to go the live concert event. That's where most artist make their living these days.

;peace

• Options
    The Sex Pistols: The Gig That Changed The World

This gig is often cited as the catalyst for the local punk music scene that spread out into the rest of the UK and the world. There were only approximately 40 people watching in the small venue but some of those that were there that night were inspired to form their own bands. The Buzzcocks were there because two of their members organized the gig. Other fans said to be present include Morrissey (The Smiths), Mark E. Smith (the Fall), and future members of Joy Division. The Sex Pistols had formed in 1975 and they led the British punk revolution, shocking the general public with their clothes, swearing, and raw music. This was their first appearance in Manchester and they were asked back for a second gig at the hall the following month. The performance was re-staged in the 2002 film, ‘24 Hour Party People’. The gig is now part of punk mythology. A lot of spit has flown under the bridge since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bZ9yToi-JE

Peace

• Options
    James Brown Live at the Apollo-Please,please,please / You´ve got the Power / I Found someone

No video of this one can see how this was a classic with so much on the line for JB in 1962.
    James Brown and the Famous Flames brought the house down in the famous Apollo. Following success in the R&B charts and a following in the Southern states, this is the show that turned Brown into a national figure. He financed the show himself and used his own money again to put out the live LP from the show, against the wishes of his record label boss. Brown was vindicated when ‘Live at the Apollo’ reached Number 2 in 1963. Known as the Godfather of Soul, Brown was one of the great showmen on stage.

Which led to this return performance at the Apollo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gXdSS3W ... re=related

...and later before both their deaths...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyd7Vs7Y ... re=related

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    I'm glad he was able to survive his motorcycle accident to still be able to walk much less perform. He ruled Mtv in the 80's with his videos and I saw him once in Northern Virginia on the Whiplash Smile Tour or something like that. All I know he had this giant vagina on the stage on the same night the Washington Capitals played a playoff game to 5 or 6 overtimes till 2 am. One really kool guy even back in his wild days in the late 80's and in good shape today...he has to be atleast 60 now.

1987wq7.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9IqN5N0 ... re=related

peace

I can't get this song out of my head. Maybe it's the change at the beginning with the mandolin sounding guitar. Billy was in top form here.

Peace

• Options
    edited May 2012
    A simple great song back when he had a lot more hair with a different shade.....1986

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSV3N6R5cvQ&feature=fvst

a later version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgaYgij- ... re=related

Peace

• Options
    The man puts on a show whenever he decides to tour....

Shaking The Tree - Peter Gabriel

Peace

• Options
    I haven't heard this one in some time now back in the day I was nuts over this song...

Pictures Of You - The Cure, live "Wish" tour 1992

Peace

• Options
    My favorite from THE WALL Tour with Roger Waters.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVMNy2b_iVc

This version is with Snead O Conner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLemBcG2PJk

my other favorite....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiirB_zbipM

Peace

• Options
    I'm not what you'd call a Bad Company fan but Paul Rogers is a great singer:

http://youtu.be/NqlfTiYAOHs
  • Options
    musical education 101 for eeriepadave, who is maybe just a kid

Elton John - Levon (Live in New York 2004)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54CK8p-pDAU

Elton John - Talking Old Soldiers (Solo) 1997
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqhiAiRMHQ

Elton John - Rocket Man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNNl3C0qvKg

Elton John - Dont let the sun go down on me live
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XnlhIDz1U
  • Options
    i went to the show not knowing 1 song and that ended up not mattering at all
    that is one of the great thing about GREAT live bands
    i'm now a fan of this band 8-)

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - The Lion The Beast The Beat, Live From New Orleans Jazz Fest, 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTn_ztoOZ-Q
  • Options
    Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgxLb3qjWvU

Los Lobos 30 years Celebration at the Fillmore "Kiko and the Lavender Moon"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqzK_1bMg1c

Los Lobos "What's Going On"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0M7-lx3 ... re=related
  • Options
    OMGoodness my friend Micheal Franti doinbg his thing back in 1992....I've never seen this before AWESOME!

The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - California Uber Alles

He always gives the unexpected when he plays it LIVE.

The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy was an American industrial hip-hop band, active during the early 1990s.[1] The band was formed in 1990 by Michael Franti and Rono Tse, who had been in the Beatnigs, and introduced the work of guitarist Charlie Hunter. The band's name was derived in part from the phrase "The Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy", used in some Socialist literature.

The group were associated by genre with others of the time, including House of Pain and Pop Will Eat Itself. They also were somewhat reminiscent of Gil Scott-Heron due to the vocal styles of Franti and the up-front political messages in the music.[1] They played many concerts, sometimes opening the bill for more well-known acts such as U2 (on their landmark Zoo TV Tour), Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana and Arrested Development.

Peace

• Options
    Bonnie Raitt - Right Down the Line (Live on Letterman 04-13-2012)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBZDLuZNv_w

Bonnie Raitt - Used to Rule the World, Live From New Orleans Jazz Fest 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhwvVXO1_E

Bonnie Raitt - Love Sneakin' Up On You, Live From New Orleans Jazz fest 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uO8SBRMNk

Bonnie Raitt ~ Have A Heart-Mountain Park Holyoke, Ma 6/8/12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrkt5SaK0ZM

it was a great year to be a bonnie fan
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    This isn't necessarily the greatest classic live...but I love when Ed pays the shit out of the tambourines and when KOL actually shows a little life. Regardless, I was watching this and at the end the looks on the faces of the kids in the crowd are priceless...kind of like who the fuck was that guy? or OMG my mind is blown. Then you hear the person standing next to the person taping ask 'who that guy was?' and the person taping says "He plays with Pearl Jam!"

I bet you after this, a billion teenagers went home and googled Pearl Jam or "guy who plays the shit out of tambourines with Kings of Leon". :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7PopCxIIss&feature=related
  • Options
    As he was rear ended in LA Highway 101 and received some injuries he will continue his tour with a neck brace. I wish him well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7rFYbMh ... re=related

From 1975 The Midnight Special

Peace

• Options
    Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane Cover)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vy1OoBAL-E

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals "One Short Night"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok-CvnzzxPg

Grace Potter and The Nocturnals- Parachute Heart-acoustic in store
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0zUKZ-qpNQ

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals Things I never needed 1/23/10 Johnson State College, VT
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOqfz7yPbiw
  • Options
    Living down here now in South Florida I get to here this next song full legth over the radio LIVE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr3dWscs ... re=related

Live concert in Nashville, Tennessee (2003). It was during their Vicious Cycle Tour, and marked the band's 30 years of rock 'n roll.

"Free Bird" was first featured on the band's debut album in 1973. Released as a single in November 1974, it became the band's second Top 40 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in early 1975, where it peaked at #19. A live version of the song also reached the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1977, peaking at #38. Free Bird also achieved the #3 spot on Guitar World's 100 Greatest Guitar Solos.

The lyrical portion of the song was written early in the group's history. Roadie Billy Powell was discovered as a keyboardist for the band when he played the intro piece to "Free Bird" at a high school prom. Lead vocalist Ronnie Van Zant noted his talent and invited him to join.

Allen Collins's then-girlfriend, Kathy, whom he later married, asked him, "If I leave here tomorrow would you still remember me?" Collins jotted the question down and it eventually became the opening line of "Free Bird".

Slide guitar Gary Rossington played a Gibson SG and used a glass Coricidin bottle for a slide on this song to emulate one of his heroes, Duane Allman. This was the only song he used a guitar other than a Les Paul on. He also stuck a nail-like piece of metal under the strings near the nut to raise the action of the guitar when playing slide. The guitar's B string was tuned down to a G during this song. Rossington currently uses two G strings tuned to G instead of tuning down a B string.

Love the piano and guitar work in the song. I listen to this through headphones while my other half listens to Nikki Manaj live....what a contrast but there's lots of love there though. :D

Peace

• Options
    LL Cool J performing one of the best unplugged jams back in 1991

Mama Said Knock You Out and knocking them out at his home TOO!

Peace