Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    GotMyLeashGotMyLeash Posts: 129
    LongRoad wrote:
    KAH wrote:
    This is awesome news!!!

Now I have to figure out how many shows to go to... need to win the lottery! Perth or NZ??? Airfares similar price from Melbourne.

Hope the Ten Club pre-sale starts soon. Ticketek are having a presale for Visa card holders on Aug 11 http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/sh ... VISAENTE05

I'm guess Ten Club tix will be general admission?
    http://www.chuggentertainment.com/tour/225

Clicking "more info" on the Chugg site under each venue and you get:

Ticket Types: General Admission & Reserved Seating

woot

And he says there will be 4 hours of live music, hence PJ wont play a shorter set to accomodate 2 support acts.

Oh, and if you buy through Visa presale expect to pay $160+ per ticket

thanks...nice info
    Ben, the two of us need look no more

Nothing changes...torture then reward
    torture then reward...torture then reward,
    follows torture...follows reward....

• Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    LongRoad wrote:

why more for visa pre sale?

i've used the visa presale before and payed the exact same ticket price.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    I'm so happy for the Austarlians and New Zealanders on the board!! Enjoy people!! :mrgreen:

What a day down here in Melbourne, woke up thinking shit have to go to work, then get to work and read the paper (Sunday Hearld Sun..which by the way has a great article in its Sunday Magazine) and there's info on the upcoming tour!!

This link below is from a story in Brisbane's Courier Mail newspaper.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 21,00.html

Ed - "I had an apartment on Bondi Beach for a while in 2000"
    :shock:
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    edited August 2009
    GotMyLeash wrote:
    I'm so happy for the Austarlians and New Zealanders on the board!! Enjoy people!! :mrgreen:

What a day down here in Melbourne, woke up thinking shit have to go to work, then get to work and read the paper (Sunday Hearld Sun..which by the way has a great article in its Sunday Magazine) and there's info on the upcoming tour!!

"It's hard not to be drawn in by his gentle manner and whispery baritone - at odds with his raging stage persona. Having spent a lot of time Down Under, both on and off tour ("I had an apartment on Bondi Beach for a while in 2000"), he's pleased to say they'll be back to tour before Christmas"

Ed was living in Sydney in 2000?? Damn! :o :shock:
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:

why more for visa pre sale?

i've used the visa presale before and payed the exact same ticket price.

I did it for Tool a while back and paid $50 more than the regular price
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    GotMyLeash wrote:

Ed - "I had an apartment on Bondi Beach for a while in 2000"
    :shock:

I know! If only we'd known huh?
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    GotMyLeash wrote:

"It's hard not to be drawn in by his gentle manner and whispery baritone - at odds with his raging stage persona. Having spent a lot of time Down Under, both on and off tour ("I had an apartment on Bondi Beach for a while in 2000"), he's pleased to say they'll be back to tour before Christmas"

Lots of people have apartments.. doesnt mean they live there.

Dont know what shocks me more, the fact he had a place there or that he chose Bondi Beach. Someone needs to show this man a real Australian beach. Couldn't think of anywhere worse myself.
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    GotMyLeash wrote:

Lots of people have apartments.. doesnt mean they live there.

Dont know what shocks me more, the fact he had a place there or that he chose Bondi Beach. Someone needs to show this man a real Australian beach. Couldn't think of anywhere worse myself.

Yeah I know but I bet he visited it at least once or twice. I know what you mean about Bondi. I lived on the northern beaches of Sydney for many years and always thought Bondi was crap.
  • Options
    They usually stay at Bondi when touring here..... i guess its easy to fall for the sun and sand but he's going to find better surf elsewhere.. as he probably found when he visited Newcastle
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    They usually stay at Bondi when touring here..... i guess its easy to fall for the sun and sand but he's going to find better surf elsewhere.. as he probably found when he visited Newcastle

Yeah fake white sand and fake people but I guess the tourists don't know any better. :roll:

Ed needs to do some surfing on the north coast while he's here. Angourie or Iluka maybe.. ;)8-):)
  • Options
    ShoobaShooba Posts: 1
    I guarantee you this will be the most hotly sought after ticket of the whole year in Australia after AC/DC (Hometown shows). The PJ/BH/LF lineup looks as though it was genetically engineered to appeal to Aussie audiences! BOOYA!
  • Options
    Farking 10C confirmation bitches!!!!!

Now you can all shut your moaning whineing mouths and get pumped!!

TOURTOURTOURTOURTOURTOURTOUR

Little bit excited here.
    OMG General Admission .... 10C presale ..... Front farking rows baby!!!!
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! :shock:

this article is awesome! What a great piece! (as posted back a page)
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Awesome news!!

But there are only 3 days between each show so there really wont be more than 1 show.

Happy days though, looks like a chance of GA on the floor
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    Farking 10C confirmation bitches!!!!!

TOURTOURTOURTOURTOURTOURTOUR

Little bit excited here.
    OMG General Admission .... 10C presale ..... Front farking rows baby!!!!
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! :shock:

this article is awesome! What a great piece! (as posted back a page)

I can't just see it. You, me and Ziggy shoving each other out of the way to get in front of Ed. :P

We won't have to worry about Fishy because he's not going. ;)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

I can't just see it. You, me and Ziggy shoving each other out of the way to get in front of Ed. :P

Guess who's the tallest and who's got the pointiest elbows?

ME MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHHA
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    What about a few drinks after the show at garden city........................whos in.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why its called The Present.
  • Options
    josemonaro wrote:
    What about a few drinks after the show at garden city........................whos in.

Where's Garden City?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    congrats to my fellow australians on the stadium tour. I would love to see my old hometown show at Adelaide Oval but I won;t be there this year... Enjoy!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    I wish they would let us know when TC tickets go on-sale, how can they not know the date yet!
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    LongRoad wrote:

usually $20 more per ticket
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Wow. Awesome news! PJ coming to chch, I'm totally there. Makes up for the downer of a rugby game that we watched this morning.
    Queenstown, New Zealand
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    thanks for copy pasting our news from yesterday, 10c :p

nah seriously, all good that we got some confirmation. hopefully 10c tickets are allowed early entry or even better, their own section. only a few more days till we find out.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    DarkaDarka Posts: 16
    Seriously, they go to whitechurch and auckland? yeah dont worry about the countries capital ffs :/
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    Darka wrote:
    Seriously, they go to whitechurch and auckland? yeah dont worry about the countries capital ffs :/

hehe they dont play canberra either..
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    Darka wrote:

hehe they dont play canberra either..

they did once!!! :D as i always proudly point out :D
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    E.K wrote:

Guess who's the tallest and who's got the pointiest elbows?

ME MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHHA

guess whos got the biggest boots ...

i spose i have to go to brissie first tho, dont i ????

hhmmm??? brisbane, melbourne, adelaide????
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    josemonaro wrote:

Where's Garden City?

Just up from QSAC, has a good Irish pub and I think buses will be leaving from there to go to the gig, they did it for U2 when they played there.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why its called The Present.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited August 2009
    Darka wrote:

Damn... had to look up your capital. Knew it wasn't Auckland, but thought it was Christchurch. :oops:
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    LieslLiesl Posts: 64
    Christchurch,not whitechurch.. I am very happy, we get no one playing down here in the south, this is going to be epic!! they will definatly sell out . Heaps of people I know are now saying they will definatly go now. :D:D we always have to travel to bloody auckland to see anyone decent YES YES!!!!!
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471

haha nice

i can't express how shit Friday was for me - reading the tour news before bed was so sweet

hope to see a few shows :)
    wah
This discussion has been closed.