Is anyone else hoping Obama wins only because...

2»

Comments

• Yea, cause until the last two elections Ed didn't say anything at all, huh?
  • all the comments about vedder in 2000.......remember some of the things vedder said about ticket prices in 94?

vedder of the past holds no relevance to the vedder of today and i stand by my comments that vedder now sees the democrats as always right. anything not republican is good, as such democrats are always good. i think vedder has really lost touch. vedder will let obama slide on supporting the wars and the huge bailout???? arent these the issues vedder is against how can he support someone thats for them, just because they're a democrat??? i like pearl jam and even agree with some of vedders ideals, but the guy looks more and more like an idiot as time passes. i think past 04 its been all down hill, he says whatever is the popular liberal thing. i dont even know if its really vedders opinion anymore.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    lca1630 wrote:
    Who is your candidate smart guy? Cynically fucking bullshit!!!

don't have one in this race brother.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Boy that's a fucking childish thread. Hoping something as powerful as what's at stake happens so Eddie will sing. A little too into Pearl Jam are we? He won because he is the best candidate and our country needs someone like him as President. Life ain't all holding hands, skipping down the road, and singing Pearl Jam songs. For any of you who don't understand (because your life is Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam) I'm not dissing Pearl Jam.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I hope ED never changes that is what has kept me so intrigued with this band for so long that he speaks his mind i don't agree with everything he says but that's ok .SO ED PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ..

Ditto. And if you don't like it, find another band. Why be a fan of a band that annoys you so much? Doesn't make sense. This is why I don't listen to the Insane Clown Posse. Simple as that.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    ha ha ha. so true. Go Obama! I wish my favorite singer wasn't so extreme.... I mean go ahead and be a liberal. No problem. but he is too much. I guess he is so creative and writes such deep songs because he has no sense of reality. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

Ed has been political since day one.

Anyone remember MTV Unplugged?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Now that we've got what we want, the next album is gonna be about butterflies and ladybugs :D

lmfao!!!!

i will miss bushleager and the sequined jacket and the mask :(
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    cause in vedders eyes democrats can do no wrong.
    Are you serious? He used to complain about Clinton. Insignificance was written about Bosnia. Eddie has never been a Democrat. In 2000 the Democrats were the lesser of two evils. Where have you been???
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    October22 wrote:
    ed's "rants" (as some of you call them) and pearl jam's politics are indistinguishable from the music for me. it's all part of the greater whole that makes this band so special.

I agree. I doubt Eddie will stop rattling the cages of authority anytime soon. The world needs folks like Eddie, just as much as they need guys like Bill O'Reilly--relative extreme points of view is what makes this country great and keeps the juices of creativity and patriotism and loyalty flowing. Keep on keeping on Ed!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    October22 wrote:
    ed's "rants" (as some of you call them) and pearl jam's politics are indistinguishable from the music for me. it's all part of the greater whole that makes this band so special.

Really I find them to on opposite ends of the spectrum. I mean with the music and lyrics he is great at expressing himself and his views on issues in a creative and insightful way. The rants on the other hand always seem like the same old stuff and aren't usually very interesting.
  • Ed will continue to think that what he has to say is important- he'll attempt to convey but it will sound like he has marbles in his mouth-
  • then maybe Ed will shut up and sing?
    go see another band if you don't like the artists participating and interacting with the audience...
    I personally don't care for fake concerts.
    the Minions
  • then maybe Ed will shut up and sing?

hahaha that got a laugh out of me

.... im not being sarcastic, either lol