Is anyone else hoping Obama wins only because...

Come Back in BlackCome Back in Black Posts: 659
edited November 2008 in The Porch
then maybe Ed will shut up and sing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• then maybe Ed will shut up and sing?

ed will never shut up and sing. if obama wins he will complain about something else. but he will never say a negative thing about the democrats. mark my word next tour he will blame bush for whatever is still wrong. even if obama started it. obama nukes russia, bush's fault. cause in vedders eyes democrats can do no wrong.
  • ed will never shut up and sing. if obama wins he will complain about something else. but he will never say a negative thing about the democrats. mark my word next tour he will blame bush for whatever is still wrong. even if obama started it. obama nukes russia, bush's fault. cause in vedders eyes democrats can do no wrong.

ha ha ha. so true. Go Obama! I wish my favorite singer wasn't so extreme.... I mean go ahead and be a liberal. No problem. but he is too much. I guess he is so creative and writes such deep songs because he has no sense of reality. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    well, i'm sure the next four years will give eddie plenty to write about (regardless of which one of these stooges wins the (s)election).
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    ed will never shut up and sing. if obama wins he will complain about something else. but he will never say a negative thing about the democrats. mark my word next tour he will blame bush for whatever is still wrong. even if obama started it. obama nukes russia, bush's fault. cause in vedders eyes democrats can do no wrong.
    that's not even close to being true.
  • ed will never shut up and sing. if obama wins he will complain about something else. but he will never say a negative thing about the democrats. mark my word next tour he will blame bush for whatever is still wrong. even if obama started it. obama nukes russia, bush's fault. cause in vedders eyes democrats can do no wrong.

Now that is total bs. I agree, it's so not true
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • DPrival78 wrote:
    well, i'm sure the next four years will give eddie plenty to write about (regardless of which one of these stooges wins the (s)election).

Who is your candidate smart guy? Cynically fucking bullshit!!!

He didn't support the Democrats in 2000.
    Can't escape from the common rule...
    If you hate something, don't you do it too
  • Vedder is against the establishment. He'll always have something to talk about! :)
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    If Obama wins, or McCain wins tonight .. it doesn't really matter.

The Economy, The People's Choice, The Peace/Love/Happiness in this World ... has been lost!

Where it is now & where it is going; in the end ...

"IT'S STILL FUCKED UP!!!"

These 2 people can't change the world. It's you who can change the world. You don't need a leader to do your bidding & tell you what to do. Do it yourself. Do what's right. Do it by will .. NOT BY FORCE!!
  • demetrios wrote:
    If Obama wins, or McCain wins tonight .. it doesn't really matter.

The Economy, The People's Choice, The Peace/Love/Happiness in this World ... has been lost!

Where it is now & where it is going; in the end ...

"IT'S STILL FUCKED UP!!!"

These 2 people can't change the world. It's you who can change the world. You don't need a leader to do your bidding & tell you what to do. Do it yourself. Do what's right. Do it by will .. NOT BY FORCE!!

but when they sign bills and make laws it changes the way ppl live their lives...those that try and live above the law always wind up in some kind of trouble
    u just gotta keep living man...L-I-V-I-N
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
    but when they sign bills and make laws it changes the way ppl live their lives...those that try and live above the law always wind up in some kind of trouble
    u just gotta keep living man...L-I-V-I-N

I know. I'm just a lonely rebel without a cause! :(
  • mavimavi Posts: 941
    ed will never shut up and sing.

And thank goodness for that!
    It wouldn't be Eddie / PJ without their minds.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    I hope ED never changes that is what has kept me so intrigued with this band for so long that he speaks his mind i don't agree with everything he says but that's ok .SO ED PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I hope ED never changes that is what has kept me so intrigued with this band for so long that he speaks his mind i don't agree with everything he says but that's ok .SO ED PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ..

Fuckin Eh, baby! :)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,173
    demetrios wrote:
    Fuckin Eh, baby! :)

hey i sen't your pick today let me know when you get it and thanks for the dvd it rocks ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Ed was very critical of the Democrats prior to 2000.......he just wants people to be accountable
    hey i sen't your pick today let me know when you get it and thanks for the dvd it rocks ...

Awesome! Thanks Jose! :)
    Hi Jon! :)
  • demetrios wrote:
    Hi Jon! :)
    Hey Chief - Good to see you back.

Better keep this on topic......
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696

Jesus Christ Man

Eddie used to bitch about Clinton all the time.

He couldn't stand Gore "The Bore" either

Ed voted Nader in 2000.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    time to pack up for Australia people. ha!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    He didn't support the Democrats in 2000.

Only started supporting them because he realised it's completely stupid to support Nader
  • NotForMeNotForMe Posts: 100

Yeah, that's why he supported Nader so fiercely in 2000, right?
    Hey Chief - Good to see you back.

Better keep this on topic......

np! :)
  • I hope ED never changes that is what has kept me so intrigued with this band for so long that he speaks his mind i don't agree with everything he says but that's ok .SO ED PLEASE DON'T CHANGE ..

"i changed by not changin' at all....."
  • I didn't see Ed out there on the campaign trail this season.

Has he given an official endorsement, or made any big statements about this election?

I think that Ed has moved beyond the whole two party thing. No doubt his views are extremely interesting, as expressed through his music.

Take care of the people around you and encourage them to do the same. Be kind and helpful and productive and passionate. Those are just some of the ideals I've picked up from being a Pearl Jam fan.
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Wow....It's gonna look really bad if Obama fucks up and Ed rips him. Given the fact that he was sporting the Obama pin during the solo tour.
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • then maybe Ed will shut up and sing?

Fucking IDIOT!!! I hope you got the response you wanted!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    irieinindy wrote:
    Fucking IDIOT!!! I hope you got the response you wanted!

Ironic...What is with the double standard.

Ed can say what he wants, but this guy can't?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Ironic...What is with the double standard.

Ed can say what he wants, but this guy can't?

Would have been a lonely thread with only 1 post.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...