Options

My thoughts and feelings about last nite's Mlwaukee show.

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Whenever something bad happens in Los Angeles... we have a built in alibi.
    "The person who did the deed... came from someplace else."... because everyone in L.A. came from someplace else.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Kingmidget wrote:
    You just to continue to prove a theory out there! Can I be you? Always interesting how some folks resort to name calling....

Says the guy who calls everyone from Illinois a FIB. Hmmm....

Anyways, I talked separately to two of my friends who were at the Mil. show. They said it kicked ass and didn't mention the anything about the yelling or Ed being pissed. And these guys are diehards, so I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you feel Pat. You comin down for any Chicago shows?

I don't mind the people yelling out song requests and such, as long as it doesn't interrupt a song or if Ed is in the middle of a funny story.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    IwasBittin wrote:

Anyways, I talked separately to two of my friends who were at the Mil. show. They said it kicked ass and didn't mention the anything about the yelling or Ed being pissed. And these guys are diehards, so I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you feel Pat. You comin down for any Chicago shows?

I don't mind the people yelling out song requests and such, as long as it doesn't interrupt a song or if Ed is in the middle of a funny story.

FIB was in jest...you don't have an acronim for WI drivers...come on!

You should, as I drive like crap in Chicago.....

Ed was pissed (very obvious), but maybe his hometown shows will change that....hope so...
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    IwasBittin wrote:

I am very happy that your buds only saw the good in show, but I am 100% positive that Pat isn't the only person that is unhappy with the db's in the crowd. It was excessive, unnecessary, and disrespectful. Even my wife, who isn't a diehard, was shocked by the bs.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Did anyone on the message pit get the setlist from last night. I bet there were like 3 or 4 songs crossed out because Ed was pissed and ready to get out of Brew-town. Yeah and what was with that guy who yelled "You Suck" about halfway through the show.

*I am Given to Fly, nice
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    I am very happy that your buds only saw the good in show, but I am 100% positive that Pat isn't the only person that is unhappy with the db's in the crowd. It was excessive, unnecessary, and disrespectful. Even my wife, who isn't a diehard, was shocked by the bs.

After stories from other shows I was happy my sig. other couldn't make it...she loves ITW, but would have been shocked by the drunk bs.
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 269
    I so looked forward to this show and am getting alittle upset by all the Milwaukee bashing. Were not all loud mouth drunks that act like assholes at concerts. All over this world there are some bad apples that can ruin a great moment.

For the most part the yelling didn't bug me. I enjoyed the show so much. But when Ed slammed the mic down I knew it was bad. I feel so awful for those that came from out of state for this show. I'm embarrassed how Milwaukee is being judged. Maybe it's cause I'm tired from yesterday that I feel a little emotional.

It actually brings tears to my eyes that PJ or Ed maybe won't ever play Wisconsin again because of last nite. Many Milwaukee people that I know that went to the show are so sorry for what happened. Like I said I'm very drained of energy today. Thank goodness I called the rest of the day off from work.

I'm so sorry and upset about last nite and how this is making my hometown look. I've traveled all over this world and back. I miss many cities I've been too and look forward to going back to many of them. BUT I'M DAM PROUD TO CALL MILWAUKEE MY HOMETOWN.

Peace

There were plenty of classy people there and the small percentage of assholes that were in the crowd did not interfere with myself being in awe of the whole night starting with Liam. The few classless people could not wipe the smile off my face.. Patrick you did an outstanding job with the fundraiser and pre-party, you were running around like crazy. Thank you for everything, it was a pleasure to meet you and a lot of other members!!! I definitley don't judge a city by a few assholes because every city has them. Eddie may think the same way, and I'm guessing they will be back.
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I don't regret making the 6 hour drive from out of state. My wife and had a great time....the booze might have had something to do with her good time...or maybe it was shaking Ed's hand at the front of the stage....I'll never hear the end of that one.

I'm guessing all the yellers were from Chicago so I suspect those two shows will be worse........

Had a great time Patrick! You did a great job with the pre-party.

I suspect he's wearing the shirt I threw up there right now.....:)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    simple answer is do not sell alcohol...... people act dumb when they drink
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    damn this is like the 5th or 6th thread about this shit, and it's making me mad. I haven't been to a PJ show since 2003, mostly because TX has been overlooked year after year, and the places lucky enough to get the Ed shows are ruining it. I wouldn't be surprised if he cancels the rest of the shows, and I kind of hope he does. Eddie doesn't derserve that shit.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Brain Of E wrote:
    damn this is like the 5th or 6th thread about this shit, and it's making me mad. I haven't been to a PJ show since 2003, mostly because TX has been overlooked year after year, and the places lucky enough to get the Ed shows are ruining it. I wouldn't be surprised if he cancels the rest of the shows, and I kind of hope he does. Eddie doesn't derserve that shit.
    Funny....Ed talked about the South last night....toward the beginning of the show when he was still in a half-way good mood. He was joking about not touring down there. "I've been down there a couple times" with a smart ass grin on his face.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    brainofTbrainofT Posts: 19
    Patrick, you rocked it man! The pre-party was a true success. We had a great time. It was sooo good to finally meet many of you tried and true fans from out there some where. It is definately that a few assholes out there are hard of hearing and have ruined it for the majority. But, we have to have the faith that Ed knows just that; that the majority of people present last night were wholeheartedly loving him up and he was feeling it. I would like to think he or the band at least will be back. Thank you for all your efforts!
    milwaukee '95, alpine valley '00 & '03, St. Paul '06, Lolla '07
    "won't someone..... save the world"
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    Just got home, man I'm tired. Thanks to all and it was great meeting everyone at the pre-party. Nice job patrick! I'll have to post my fanview after some much needed sleep. Great time and great memories. I'll chime in and post more soon...
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    My guess is those people being rude and obnoxious weren't even from Milwaukee or Wisconsin.
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    there was an article on google somewhere that said that there was a big scalper bust before the show & that a whole lot of tickets were sold the afternoon of the show for face value to whoever..... maybe a lot of the people in the crowd didn't really know what they were going to, just heard Eddie Vedder sold out & thought if they could get tickets, what the hell, something to do.

I wasn't at the show, went to DC2 & don't think the audience was bad. Pretty respectful with a couple of jerks. I almost think Eddie should refrain from answering some of the comments yelled at him - it seems as though it's almost a contest to see if he'll yell back at you.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    There is one thing I'm curious about.........

I've seen a ton of posts about rude people yelling......and I couldn't agree more. I really hate people that scream random shit at shows, for whatever reason.

But how many people posting in these threads have brought their cell phones/cameras to these shows? Seems like that has been downplayed quite a bit.....

It all falls under the category of respect.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I drove 2 hours to get to the Milwaukee show, and I can't say enough good things about Milwaukee folks... kind, friendly and helpful, except for the handful of ass heads that were making a spectacle out of themselves during the show. I certainly wouldn't hold last night against the city. Milwaukee rocks.
  • Options
    tammymarie67tammymarie67 Racine Wisconsin Posts: 46
    Ed got upset because he started out making jokes about the hecklers , then he got upset and said shut the fuck up, and finally he knocked the mic and layed on the stage in frustration because he had joked and asked at least four times. Someone should have removed the loud drunk guys sooner! There were very few people there, I think, that were being loud and obnoxious. I was on the second floor and there were maybe two people up there that were shouting.

I am sure he puts up with this to some extent every show. But the guy who got ejected from the Ten Club really should get his membership revoked. It was such disrespectful behavior.

The show was GREAT. I enjoyed it immensely and brought someone along who's never seen EV or Pearl Jam and HE enjoyed it. It really wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be. But I was embarrassed and a little angry and hoped that it wouldn't shed a bad light on Milwaukee. But I think Ed knows better than that. We are really great fans here!

He did VERY abruptly end the show though. Hard Sun was over and he said "That's it, and quickly walked off"
    tammymarie67
    7/8 & 9 95; 6/26/98, 10/8/00 ;10/9/00;4/23/03; 6/18/03; 6/21/03; 5/17/06; 6/26/06; 6/29&30/06; 8/5/07; 8/23 and 8/24/09;5/3/10;5/7/10; PJ20 9/3 and 9/4/2011; 9/30/2012,7/19/13, 10/3/14, 10/20/14, 4/26/16, 8/20/16, and 8/22/16
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    holy crap, i hate to see what its going to be like when i go to Chicago I tomorrow night

i was worried this yelling and camera phone stuff was going to eventually get outta hand and especially at a solo show, just sit down and shut the f**k up and listen
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    OK...I wasn't there, but I've been reading all the threads...I posted this in GTF, but I thought I'd put it here, just because....

Hey....You know, we've all had sucky days at work where we've stormed out and gotten pissed off by hecklers (my boss is my biggest heckler and ALWAYS points out my faults - nevermind the 99.9999% excellent work I do)....and I'm pretty sure this is more common than I am allowing myself to believe...People tend to ignore the good stuff...which is just so wrong wrong wrong...

We've all had "you suck!" moments at work...so, as for Ed walking off the stage and leaving angry...so what? It happens to everyone. Most of the time you can deal with it, but once in awhile, you've had too much, the meds aren't working as well, you didn't sleep, your spouse is mad, people are particularly nattery, and you really let it get to you and you take it personally (when most of the time it doesn't have anything to do with you - it's other people being jerks and morons for their own reasons)...Ed just had one of those moments last night. It's not a big deal and it's not something for everyone to freak out and wonder if he's sick or something else pissed him off...he has a family to do that... He had a normal reaction to an ongoing stressful situation...

Let's move on...there's two shows left...think about the good stuff, but don't try to predict the future...hope it's good, though...

C'mon Ed, practice the CBT techniques....!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I so looked forward to this show and am getting alittle upset by all the Milwaukee bashing. Were not all loud mouth drunks that act like assholes at concerts. All over this world there are some bad apples that can ruin a great moment.

For the most part the yelling didn't bug me. I enjoyed the show so much. But when Ed slammed the mic down I knew it was bad. I feel so awful for those that came from out of state for this show. I'm embarrassed how Milwaukee is being judged. Maybe it's cause I'm tired from yesterday that I feel a little emotional.

It actually brings tears to my eyes that PJ or Ed maybe won't ever play Wisconsin again because of last nite. Many Milwaukee people that I know that went to the show are so sorry for what happened. Like I said I'm very drained of energy today. Thank goodness I called the rest of the day off from work.

I'm so sorry and upset about last nite and how this is making my hometown look. I've traveled all over this world and back. I miss many cities I've been too and look forward to going back to many of them. BUT I'M DAM PROUD TO CALL MILWAUKEE MY HOMETOWN.

Peace
    I hear ya bro! It was a total let down, knowing Ed was aggravated. As a diehard fan, it bugged me all day today. I always felt like this was a place that Ed liked cause of all the love we've gotten over the last tours. I'm sure they'll be back, but it sucks thinking our area won't be looked forward to in the future.
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    shitty deal man, we had our fair share of idiots at the vancouver shows (and the west coast shows) but for the most part ed was in good spirits. we all had a good laugh at the 'i love you heterosexually' comment, even ed got amused by it. and despite the random shouting by idiots everyone seemed in good spirits.

you know, it might just be the accumulation of all the shows... a handful of idiots at each one i'd probably finally break too.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    gee,you think Ed would be used to loud obnoxious assholes by now! he has seen them at every fucking show!!!

slamming the mic is a little diva-ish to me,something you expect from Axle Rose....not Ed.

but we all have bad days and Ed's only human.

i think we all have been embarrassed at how our brethren have behaved at the shows but i'm sure as fuck not gonna bear any guilt or harbor shame for my city because of some drunk assholes.

as you can see they are everywhere!!!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Ah, Patrick, you have to learn to let this shit roll off your back. Although I’m not from Philly, I love this city and I am constantly reminded of the reputation this city has for it’s fans being assholes, etc. etc.

I’m not an asshole. I know that and you can’t change people who lump one group of people into a whole city.

Trust me, I know how it feels.

Don’t sweat it. Ed is smarter than that.
  • Options
    Milwaukee is the home of Pabst Blue Ribbon, so it'll always be fine in my book.
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    jamestr wrote:
    My guess is those people being rude and obnoxious weren't even from Milwaukee or Wisconsin.

That makes sense. No Really.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    that sucks. I was embarassed at Boston II with all of the yellers. It's unfortunate. It made me feel bad for EV. It's such a special event, and even though it didn't RUIN it for me, it does take away from the feeling of a solo show. It's very disrespectful. Toronto was much better.

I'm sorry for you though. It should have been a super special night and that really takes away from it.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PEPPER wrote:
    Someone needs to buy Patrick a beer.....for what its worth Cramp from 102.1 gave you a shout out this morning on the party you planned....
    did they really????? Thats tight!
    Cosmo wrote:

Whenever something bad happens in Los Angeles... we have a built in alibi.
    "The person who did the deed... came from someplace else."... because everyone in L.A. came from someplace else.
    hahaha yes thats true! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think its probably pretty hard not to get a bit disappointed in people in Eddie's position- people in your face and maybe always wanting something or more. But think of the good Karma he walks with. So much love in the room Tuesday nite and he did feel that. I must say I really tried not to cry during Arc- and I made the realization at that moment how much his music has meant in my life, how amazing he is and how I know now I'm taking it with me when I leave this world. Milwaukee was a wonderful memory- great people- hey Anna and Tom- we had a great time! I'm very proud of my hometown- always wish I could stay- and I didn't get upset about the south thing cause we yankees might feel the same. I know Eddie loves his true fans- where ever we are- Its all good and yes I want more!
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Redeyes, I hope you regained some needed energy. Running the pre-party can't be that easy even with help. I'm sure you wanted the night to be perfect, too bad that a few assholes can put a damper on the near perfect evening. ED will get over it and so will you! Don't dwell on the negatives you can't control. Burn one up and put a BIG smile on your face, sit back, relax and look forward to the Chicago show. Milwaukee still rules! Let's go Brewers!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!