Options

My thoughts and feelings about last nite's Mlwaukee show.

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I so looked forward to this show and am getting alittle upset by all the Milwaukee bashing. Were not all loud mouth drunks that act like assholes at concerts. All over this world there are some bad apples that can ruin a great moment.

For the most part the yelling didn't bug me. I enjoyed the show so much. But when Ed slammed the mic down I knew it was bad. I feel so awful for those that came from out of state for this show. I'm embarrassed how Milwaukee is being judged. Maybe it's cause I'm tired from yesterday that I feel a little emotional.

It actually brings tears to my eyes that PJ or Ed maybe won't ever play Wisconsin again because of last nite. Many Milwaukee people that I know that went to the show are so sorry for what happened. Like I said I'm very drained of energy today. Thank goodness I called the rest of the day off from work.

I'm so sorry and upset about last nite and how this is making my hometown look. I've traveled all over this world and back. I miss many cities I've been too and look forward to going back to many of them. BUT I'M DAM PROUD TO CALL MILWAUKEE MY HOMETOWN.

Peace
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,318
    Don't sweat it -- I highly doubt this would keep PJ from coming back. Their show is way different than Eddie's...

For people who went to multiple shows, was last night's really that much worse with regard to yellers?
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    But when Ed slammed the mic down I knew it was bad.

When and why did Ed slam the mic down in Milwaukee?
  • Options
    maakmaak Posts: 58
    I'm from illinois and i love everything about wisconsin, if my girlfriend would agree I would move to wisconsin in a minute. I would choose seeing pearl jam in wisconsin over seeing them in illinois every time. So Patrick Milwaukee is a great place dont feel bad because some morons wanted to ruin an otherwise unbelieveable show.
    my cat's breath smells like cat food- RALPH WIGUM
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    Scratch Alpine Valley off the 09 tour dates......

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    It happens everywhere. Don't feel bad about your hometown, I personally feel more bad for Ed, he wants to do this solo thing and have it be respectable but a few assholes spoil it for everyone.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    don't worry about it pat....it's getting toward the end of the tour and i think ed is just frustrated...you would think by now people would know to shut the fuck up....especially when the artist tells you so

hope the show was great otherwise :)
  • Options
    When and why did Ed slam the mic down in Milwaukee?

If your busting me on my spelling ok it's called a microphone. :D

He did it after Hard Sun and walked off stage not with a smile on his face thats for sure. My friend that hasn't seen a PJ show since 1998 even leaned over and said. ''that's not good''.

I wouldn't doubt if he burned that shirt that got up on stage. :(

Well at least the last show at alpine was a good one. Thank goodness for the bootleg. :)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I so looked forward to this show and am getting alittle upset by all the Milwaukee bashing. Were not all loud mouth drunks that act like assholes at concerts. All over this world there are some bad apples that can ruin a great moment.

For the most part the yelling didn't bug me. I enjoyed the show so much. But when Ed slammed the mic down I knew it was bad. I feel so awful for those that came from out of state for this show. I'm embarrassed how Milwaukee is being judged. Maybe it's cause I'm tired from yesterday that I feel a little emotional.

It actually brings tears to my eyes that PJ or Ed maybe won't ever play Wisconsin again because of last nite. Many Milwaukee people that I know that went to the show are so sorry for what happened. Like I said I'm very drained of energy today. Thank goodness I called the rest of the day off from work.

I'm so sorry and upset about last nite and how this is making my hometown look. I've traveled all over this world and back. I miss many cities I've been too and look forward to going back to many of them. BUT I'M DAM PROUD TO CALL MILWAUKEE MY HOMETOWN.

Peace

It is not the city of Milwaukee's fault, there were a ton of Assholes at DC1 and I am sure some of them were from out of town just as I am sure some of them were form the DC area. And I drank a lot of Milwaukee's best in high school and college.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I really appreciate your thoughts. I really looked forward to this show and was excited that Ed decided to put Milwaukee on the schedule. Although the excessive chattering and shouting of several "overly excited" members of the crowd was a real bummer, I left the venue with the belief that although he was frustrated Eddie left the majority of the crowd feeling as though they witnessed a musician/icon taking chances and delivering a performance layered with nuance. Today, I am also trying to remember that whenever someone is willing to take risks not everyone else is ready for the ride.
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    after eddie slammed the mic down, a big beer can should've landed on him.

men should act like men.

.......couldn't help it
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    The dude was probably drunk since the Packers traded Favre to the Jets.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    It is not the city of Milwaukee's fault, there were a ton of Assholes at DC1 and I am sure some of them were from out of town just as I am sure some of them were form the DC area. And I drank a lot of Milwaukee's best in high school and college.

DC1 was bad but at no time was ED pissed off the way last night sounded or by reading the review of the show.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    DC1 was bad but at no time was ED pissed off the way last night sounded or by reading the review of the show.

I don't think so either.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628

WRONG....

Ed and the band love Alpine, plus Ed's smart enough to know this does not reflect on WISCONSIN. Even if he did I meet as many FIBS there as WI folks.

They'll be back. Maybe not solo Ed..although I'm not sure if that will occur anywhere for some time after the end of this tour.

I share you're emotions Patrick...its why we waited outside the bus well into the evening after Ed dashed out....hoping to thank him

Milwaukee is an incredible city and you can be damn proud to call it you're hometown! :)

Great job yesterday and I also enjoyed the show....to bad it kind of "climaxed" negatively.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    whao how many solo shows has he done ??? and assholes still yell shit out to him that to me is beyond embarrasment .It also proves that there are assholes on both coast probably more here in the northeast . I did not attend any vedder solo gigs at all don't think i ever will .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:

men should act like men.

.......couldn't help it

Try to "help it" next time..."men should act like men"..... bright one there
  • Options
    He may have learned of Leroi Moore's passing and wanted off stage.
    model role model
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    ovechkin8 wrote:

men should act like men.

.......couldn't help it

lol
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I highly doubt this would keep PJ from coming back.

Tell that to the folks in Uniondale. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Try to "help it" next time..."men should act like men"..... bright one there

milwaukee's best commercial.

get off your high horse, you pansy.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Tell that to the folks in Uniondale. ;)

PBM

Oh man, you stole the words outta my mouth! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    Patrick, it was a pleasure to meet you yesterday and thanks for all your hard work on the fundraiser. Being from out of town I thought the show was great! There are dumbasses everywhere and people like you and most people on this site are great fans and act that way. I come to Milwaukee quite often for business and it is a great city and I always look forward to coming back. Thanks again!
  • Options
    i've been reading about the milwaukee show and feeling so relieved that the newark show was relatively well-behaved...
    but, listen...

the newark venue, NJ Performing Arts Center...
    did not allow drinks into the theater.

i think it made a huge difference.

and i am so sorry a few MORONS made it so uncomfortable for the majority of the audience and for eddie :(
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options

Peace

Ohhh Milwaukay...one of the finest suburbs of Chicago around.
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Ohhh Milwaukay...one of the finest suburbs of Chicago around.

Sorry but that made me giggle. Now back to being serious...... Chicago people be good.
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    milwaukee's best commercial.

get off your high horse, you pansy.

You just to continue to prove a theory out there! Can I be you? Always interesting how some folks resort to name calling....thanks for not being at the show....although you might have blended in well with some!
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514

Peace
    OMg Patrick! so horrible..I feel bad for Ed..he is being so disprespected. and I feel bad for you, the true fan that you are feeling like you need to take the blunt of the bashing..I can't stand a fuckin drunk asshole..smoke more weed, people! share the love!
    OH, P, how was the pre-party?
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

Peace

Wow you loose Farve now Eddie Vedder bad year for Milwaukee. Naaa, just kidding I am sure they will be back around to your neck of the woods again.
    GO VIKINGS :)

SCOTT
    10/01/96 9/08/98 9/10/98 9/11/98 8/23/00 8/24/00
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 9/01/00 9/02/00
    4/28/03 4/29/03 4/30/03 5/02/03 7/05/03 7/06/03
    7/08/03 7/09/03 7/14/03 <---front row shook hands with ed.
    10/3/05 5/13/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 6/01/06 6/3/06
    6/24/06 6/19/08 6/20/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09
    10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10
    5/21/10 9/7/11
  • Options
    SpeakersSpeakers Posts: 252
    Yes, I thought Millwaukee was Algonquin for "The good land"

Thanks for your thoughts. I understand why you would take it personally but what can you do about it now? Try to forget about it and if you see any yellers on the streets, spit on them.
  • Options
    WhoDey wrote:
    Patrick, it was a pleasure to meet you yesterday and thanks for all your hard work on the fundraiser. Being from out of town I thought the show was great! There are dumbasses everywhere and people like you and most people on this site are great fans and act that way. I come to Milwaukee quite often for business and it is a great city and I always look forward to coming back. Thanks again!

Ditto...great town and really a great show if about 5 individuals had not been there. IT ended badly, but I don't think it was due to Milwaukee...its been building up in Ed...from the mouth of the TOUR MANAGER.

Add to that Ed has some other heavy personal stuff on his mind right now!

Make Ed smile Chicago!! :)