Movies you Dislike that everyone else Likes

124»

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    rrivers wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    95% of the Burton-Depp movies.

Burton is the very definition of style over substance.
    True story, and his 'style' hasn't changed in 20 years. The one time he tried to do something different he failed miserably too. Planet of the Apes, in case you were wondering.

When listening to Benaroya, I still am baffled when Ed says they were moved by "Big Fish". The best thing about that movie is "Man of the Hour" over the credits.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Just posted this in the overrated movie thread - The Wrestler. It's just a bad film.

I enjoyed it but it is nowhere near as good as everyone says. Without Rourke in it and they way it paralled his life, it would not have been noticed.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    7 pages and I am not surprised no one has posted this ... because I *am* the only one who found it unwatchable ...

The Princess Bride.

hwarf.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    jimed14 wrote:
    7 pages and I am not surprised no one has posted this ... because I *am* the only one who found it unwatchable ...

The Princess Bride.

hwarf.

Inconceivable!
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jimed14 wrote:

The Princess Bride.

hwarf.

Inconceivable!
    Indeed!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Space Balls......would have been funny in 1979 before somebody else used all of the jokes.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    the wolf wrote:
    Michael Clayton. boring. i was really looking forward to this movie and was bummed with how bad it was.
    Hm, I thought I was the only person who'd seen this! My husband and I liked it. It is sort of, I don't know, cold. (I was going to say "cerebral" but that sounds like you have to be a brainiac to appreciate it. :roll: ;) )

I didn't think I'd get into it but I was intrigued early on with the scene where George Clooney stops to look at the horses. And I won't add anything else cuz that would be a spoiler and the wolf and I are the only 2 people who've seen this movie. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    tybird wrote:
    Space Balls......would have been funny in 1979 before somebody else used all of the jokes.
    Yeah, Mel Brooks can be genius but why did he wait so long on that one?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    the wolf wrote:
    Michael Clayton. boring. i was really looking forward to this movie and was bummed with how bad it was.
    Hm, I thought I was the only person who'd seen this! My husband and I liked it. It is sort of, I don't know, cold. (I was going to say "cerebral" but that sounds like you have to be a brainiac to appreciate it. :roll: ;) )

I didn't think I'd get into it but I was intrigued early on with the scene where George Clooney stops to look at the horses. And I won't add anything else cuz that would be a spoiler and the wolf and I are the only 2 people who've seen this movie. :lol:

Yeah it definitely fell short and it was hard to follow.

"Sierian" or something like that is another Clooney movie that is hard to follow, but I still enjoyed for some reason.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,670
    Anchorman
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Anchorman
    +1
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Rygar wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Anchorman
    +1

well, then I guess everyone else doesn't like it ... :P
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I can't recall if I even sat through all of Anchorman...... :? ....that fact alone should tell you my thoughts on said motion picture.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Anchorman
    +1

well, then I guess everyone else doesn't like it ... :P
    True, I vote we move this to the other thread.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    rrivers wrote:

Thank you!!
    Fellow Dodger fan too, right? So we have Pearl Jam in LA during the fall. What do you say about The Dodgers in the World Series to make it the best October EVER!

Hey, I'm a Dodger fan too! I have the avatars turned off, what is yours?

Hells yes to a great October!!!
    and rrivers---his/her avatar is the dodger logo except instead of Dodgers it says Pearl Jam and instead of a baseball in the corner it is an adapter for a 45 rpm record.
    sweet!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    I think the only movie i walked out on was

EVITA

the wife wanted to see it. Complete rubbish
    Lizard wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Thank you!!
    Fellow Dodger fan too, right? So we have Pearl Jam in LA during the fall. What do you say about The Dodgers in the World Series to make it the best October EVER!

Hey, I'm a Dodger fan too! I have the avatars turned off, what is yours?

Hells yes to a great October!!!
    and rrivers---his/her avatar is the dodger logo except instead of Dodgers it says Pearl Jam and instead of a baseball in the corner it is an adapter for a 45 rpm record.
    sweet!

Wow that sounds awesome! I have to turn on avatars to see that.

Bummer of a game last night. They need to turn things around especially with the moves the Giants are making.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Smellyman wrote:
    I think the only movie i walked out on was

EVITA

the wife wanted to see it. Complete rubbish
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: womans my friend!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Schindler's List
    Forrest Gump
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • any will ferrell movie
    breakfast club
    super-bad
    clockwork orange (the book was really good)
    deliverance
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Wedding Crashers

Meet the Parenfs
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Wedding Crashers

Meet the Parenfs

I am with you on those. and also anything by Tarentino. douche
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Wedding Crashers

Meet the Parenfs

I'm with you both on Wedding Crashers. Not funny at all and very, very long. I like parts of the first Meet The Parents though.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Wedding Crashers

Meet the Parenfs

I'm with you both on Wedding Crashers. Not funny at all and very, very long. I like parts of the first Meet The Parents though.
    I hate meet the parents. Probably because my father in law was as big of an asshole as Robert dinero