Movies you Dislike that everyone else Likes

Comments

• stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    PJ live @ MSG...

Short hair Ed sucks!

(I know it's not a movie)
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    The Breakfast Club

Blasphemy!

Agreed!

"Excuse me, what are you babbling about?"
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Tombstone
    You should be taken out back and shot. ;)
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Tombstone
    You should be taken out back and shot. ;)
    "I'll be your huckleberry" 8-)
    gotta love val in that role

just thought of another... everything by wes anderson... not that i completely dislike them - but theres definitely something unnecessarily pretentious and inaccessible about everything he does... or maybe its just the fans of his work i dont like... as far as cinematography theyre enjoyable... and i guess life aquatic isnt too bad
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    I can't believe there is 5 pages worth of posts and no one listed "The English Patient." God, what a snoozer. There was even a Sienfeld episode about how boring it was.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    M*A*S*H*

hated the movie and the tv show
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Wedding Crashers

you may be the first person I've heard of not liking this movie.....it's classic!
    "It's all happening"
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    no country for old men

citizen kane

I'll agree with those two...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Wedding Crashers

you may be the first person I've heard of not liking this movie.....it's classic!

I respectfully disagree. I didn't find it funny in the least. What parts were funny?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Wedding Crashers

I respectfully disagree. I didn't find it funny in the least. What parts were funny?

The football game is funny.

"Crabcakes and football: that's what Maryland does!"
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Wedding Crashers

I just like Will Ferrell, lol. His scene made me laugh pretty good...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    [

you may be the first person I've heard of not liking this movie.....it's classic![/quote]

I respectfully disagree. I didn't find it funny in the least. What parts were funny?[/quote]

I just like Will Ferrell, lol. His scene made me laugh pretty good...[/quote]

"I'll make it rain out here."
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    "the painting was a gift todd... im taking it with me" :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    dcfaithful wrote:

I just like Will Ferrell, lol. His scene made me laugh pretty good...

I like Will Ferrell too. My favorite role of his is in Zoolander. I INVENTED THE PIANO-KEY NECKTIE!!!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    "the painting was a gift todd... im taking it with me" :lol:

That movie is so great!

"You motorboating son of a bitch!"
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I've tried watching both Superbad and Napolean Dynamite twice.....haven't been able to finish either of them without fallin asleep. I'm thinking they're the kind of movie you have to be giddy-happy to appreciate the humour.
  • Without a doubt it has to be Pulp Fiction for me.

I have no idea why ANYONE likes movie.. it is AWFUL from start to finish.. there are scenes in that movie I never wanted my eyes to see. REPULSIVE.. SICK.. DEMENTED.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As individual fingers we can easily be broken, but together we make a mighty fist ~ Sitting Bull
  • DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    Without a doubt it has to be Pulp Fiction for me.

I have no idea why ANYONE likes movie.. it is AWFUL from start to finish.. there are scenes in that movie I never wanted my eyes to see. REPULSIVE.. SICK.. DEMENTED.

LOL, that was exactly, what i was thinking when i saw the topic of this thread... but i was kinda thinking i'm alone with that...
    i was forced to see the movie in a workshop, so because watching it or not wasn't my own chice, i think it was even worse... (the worst thing in a 5 day-workshop!!!)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    95% of the Burton-Depp movies.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    M*A*S*H*

:o Love the TV Show.

BTW, I really, really like your avatar!! ;)

Never got the matrix movies....
    or the x-men ones.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,459
    the chronicals of narnia! i wanted to shoot those kids while watching that movie!

also... Pretty Woman sucks! so does Dirty Dancing too!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    The English Patient! I HATE that thing!! Same with the Titanic...the ending was too predictable... The Hours sucked, too.... :o
    be philanthropic
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Wedding Crashers[/quote]

"Crabcakes and football: that's what Maryland does!"[/quote][/quote]
    "Red Seven, red Seven, Red SE- VEN!" "Hot Route" - "I don't even know what hot route means" - SO FUNNNY!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Lizard wrote:
    M*A*S*H*

or the x-men ones.

Thank you!!
    Fellow Dodger fan too, right? So we have Pearl Jam in LA during the fall. What do you say about The Dodgers in the World Series to make it the best October EVER!
    Rygar wrote:

Burton is the very definition of style over substance.
    Wedding Crashers

"Crabcakes and football: that's what Maryland does!"[/quote][/quote]
    "Red Seven, red Seven, Red SE- VEN!" "Hot Route" - "I don't even know what hot route means" - SO FUNNNY![/quote]

"Big tree fall down."
    Lizard wrote:
    M*A*S*H*

or the x-men ones.

Thank you!!
    Fellow Dodger fan too, right? So we have Pearl Jam in LA during the fall. What do you say about The Dodgers in the World Series to make it the best October EVER!

Hey, I'm a Dodger fan too! I have the avatars turned off, what is yours?
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Just posted this in the overrated movie thread - The Wrestler. It's just a bad film.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    rrivers wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Burton is the very definition of style over substance.
    True story, and his 'style' hasn't changed in 20 years. The one time he tried to do something different he failed miserably too. Planet of the Apes, in case you were wondering.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Michael Clayton. boring. i was really looking forward to this movie and was bummed with how bad it was.

add to my list any movie that started out as a Saturday Night Live skit, or anything LIKE that.

and i despise the Austin Powers movies. total crap.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel