ghosts

ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone beleive in ghosts........i was watching a program on biograhpy and there were people with video evidence.
live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    something goes on in some of those haunted places on Ghost Hunters..........
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • ajedigeckoajedigecko Posts: 2,430
    i have not seen ghost hunters............but i really have never believed in ghosts, but seeing some video footage makes me wonder.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i have not seen ghost hunters............but i really have never believed in ghosts, but seeing some video footage makes me wonder.

Digital technology is a wonderful thing. Even old pics can be doctored.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Nope.

Don't believe in 'em.
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    I've seen one, so yeah, I guess that makes me a believer.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mbangel10 wrote:

You sure it was a ghost?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Never actually saw a ghost but had strange things happen to me in the past. I believe in them.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    there are no ghosts, aliens, fairies, trolls, gnomes, bigfoot, Loch Ness monsters, giant killer birds, abominable snowman, swamp thing, Jersey devil, Chupicabra, etc, etc, etc.

All of these things were invented for various reasons, but it always boils down to MONEY. Everyone involved in hoaxes and the general exploitation of the dumb masses makes a buck or two off the "existence" of these myths.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    i love the word chupacabre.............
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i love the word chupacabre.............

I like that one xfiles episode.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    my favorite xfile was the vietnam vet that could place himself in a persons blind spot.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    my favorite xfile was the vietnam vet that could place himself in a persons blind spot.

yes that was a good one.
    mca47 wrote:
    mbangel10 wrote:

You sure it was a ghost?

Absolutely 100% positive. It happened when I was 12, and not once in all the years past have I doubted what it was that i saw firsthand. Creepiest thing that ever happened to me, and I will never forget it.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    edited July 2009
    where did you see the ghost at?
    were you alone?

i just find it bizarre that a pair of people never see a ghost while together.
    Post edited by ajedigecko on
    libragirl wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:

yes that was a good one.
    it is the only one that stands out to me.........i would like to see it again.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    libragirl wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:

yes that was a good one.
    it is the only one that stands out to me.........i would like to see it again.

I've got the whole dvd set of the show. It's funny because I just saw that episode recently.
    which season did it come from?

do you remember the title of that episode?
    ajedigecko wrote:
    were you alone?

Um, how did you come up with that statement? There are a lot of documented stories of two people witnessing the same thing.

I saw it in my childhood bedroom. There was an old lady sitting in a rocking chair on the opposite side of the room just staring right the heck at me. She didn't look very friendly either. I was in my bed, and trust me, I did the blink and hope it's gone thing... but it just stayed put. In the house where I grew up I had a lot of experiences (all very negative) but only once did I see what was causing them.

When I was in my 20's, and many years after leaving that house did I find out that an elderly lady died inside not long before my parents bought it. It was her husband that sold the house to my parents so he could move in with family. I think back and realize now that the ghost just didn't think we belonged, we weren't HER family, and so she treated us accordingly.

After we moved out, I haven't had anything even close to that happen again.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i've had enough personal experiences to believe there's something going on that we can't always see.

i love ghost hunters, can't wait for the new season :)
  • washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    when i was in high school i was so afraid of ghosts i slept with a night light on. then one night i heard foxy mop for the first time. do you know how fuckin freaked out i was?????
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    long red wrote:
    there are no ghosts, aliens, fairies, trolls, gnomes, bigfoot, Loch Ness monsters, giant killer birds, abominable snowman, swamp thing, Jersey devil, Chupicabra, etc, etc, etc.

All of these things were invented for various reasons, but it always boils down to MONEY. Everyone involved in hoaxes and the general exploitation of the dumb masses makes a buck or two off the "existence" of these myths.
    damn it!! Do you know how upsetting this is!? :cry:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I'm not sure if I fully believe in ghosts. but I do enjoy Most Haunted. :geek:

mainly cause I like David Wells though. if I was ever in an encounter with a ghost or such, I'd want him there. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    mbangel10 wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:
    were you alone?

Um, how did you come up with that statement? There are a lot of documented stories of two people witnessing the same thing.

I saw it in my childhood bedroom. There was an old lady sitting in a rocking chair on the opposite side of the room just staring right the heck at me. She didn't look very friendly either. I was in my bed, and trust me, I did the blink and hope it's gone thing... but it just stayed put. In the house where I grew up I had a lot of experiences (all very negative) but only once did I see what was causing them.

When I was in my 20's, and many years after leaving that house did I find out that an elderly lady died inside not long before my parents bought it. It was her husband that sold the house to my parents so he could move in with family. I think back and realize now that the ghost just didn't think we belonged, we weren't HER family, and so she treated us accordingly.

i just came up with the statement based on the few ghost stories i have watched.............no research at all on my part.

now that i think about it.......my parents took me to see amitiville horror when i was 6 or 7, that movie scared me until, well, it still kinds of creeps me out.

why is it always buildings/houses that are haunted?
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    ajedigecko wrote:
    why is it always buildings/houses that are haunted?

I'm guessing it's because people live in the same place /house for a long time (at least they used to), they might even have built it.. There are memories there, people get attached to their homes, that sort of thing.

EDIT: and of course there are those who have been tortured/killed in certain buildings and stay there because they either don't know they're dead, don't know how to move on or don't want to move on (to have revenge or something).
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    mbangel10 wrote:
    ajedigecko wrote:
    were you alone?

wow, that is pretty crazy stuff. so what did you end up doing? no chance in hell i would be able to roll over and go back to bed after that.

i'd like to encounter a ghost one day. but not in a scary situation/manner.

someone mentioned amityville horror. that is one of very few horror movies that creeped me out and to this day it still give me the creeps.
    i mentioned the amitiville horror..........scary show.

i was terrified to go up stairs from the basement, when i was a kid.

have you seen the entity?
    ajedigecko wrote:
    i mentioned the amitiville horror..........scary show.

i was terrified to go up stairs from the basement, when i was a kid.

have you seen the entity?

haven't seen the entity. same premise as amityville?
    no...........i would tell you about it, but that would take away from the suspense. check it out and let me know what you think.

also.......do not read about it, just go rent it blindly, it will freak you out.
    especially if you are female.
    ajedigecko wrote:
    especially if you are female.

haha, negative on that one!

i'll check it out though. thanks for the suggestion.