Borat or Bruno?

2»

Comments

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I thought Borat was way better & way funnier.

Bruno had a few random hilarious scenes, but Borat = funnier as a whole, and more consistently
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • for me neither
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    I liked Borat couldn't get into Bruno though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I watched Bruno a couple weeks ago....there were definitely some really funny parts, but nowhere near as funny as Borat was. I dunno if I've ever laughes as hard as I did the first time I saw Borat.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Haven't seen Bruno, but can't imagine it's funnier than Borat

I say it's humor by shock value long before it's activism.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i would like to make a romance explosion inside of you
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    pjfan31 wrote:
    For me, Borat hands down.

While Bruno is still funny, I watched most of Borat last night, and man it is still so Hilarious. Just the little things like the clock radio King of the castle, this suit is NOT black,feeding the guy cheese from is wife''s breast milk and I could go on all day.

What do you prefer Borat or Bruno

Totally agree..Bruno was funny too, but it was almost like he was trying to hard. Borat was hilarious...there were so many funny parts..the "poop scene" alone makes me giggle just thinking about it.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • sasha baron cohen is such a bizaare and strange guy. ive never seen him outside of character. And he's this intelligent, thoughtful, activist type too. Thats the whole point of his movies and shows. To challenge stereotypes, get us thinking, have a positive impact. And i wonder since so few people have ever seen him outside character, or heard his interviews where he talks about the political motivations of his movies, i wonder if most people think of him as just some shock gross out movie director and actor? I remember when Borat came out, i was in college, and people were loving it. Somehow, i dont think my classmates were going to see the movie to think about the social and political consequences and conclusions the film spoke to and about. And i remember talking to multiple people who found the movie outright racist, homophobic, and sexist. Which as i said, is the complete opposite of what Sasha is out to create. He's not those things, but is out to expose those elements of our society.

With Dave Chappelle, he'd be funny and crazy but you'd always be aware the point of the show and his humor most of the time was to expose racism in society. with Sasha, he never breaks character so you just assume he's like the character.

I think he's alot like Russell Brand. people just look at these people as comedians, outrageous ones. And fail to see either as intelligent people.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    have to go with Borat.

Looking forward to his new movie though. The Dictator :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    going to see the dictator tonight. stoked!
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Saw Bruno in theater with the wife, we were laughing at a lot of the stuff because of how outrageous it was. We like that kind of comedy, like the champagne bottle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnYHSYzHtk

hello daniel! what's your name. daniel.
    In Khazakstan, i was make ice, i was a gypsycatcher and i work with animals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-XqI9wNOu4

:)))))))))))
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    This.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • sasha baron cohen is such a bizaare and strange guy. ive never seen him outside of character. And he's this intelligent, thoughtful, activist type too. Thats the whole point of his movies and shows. To challenge stereotypes, get us thinking, have a positive impact. And i wonder since so few people have ever seen him outside character, or heard his interviews where he talks about the political motivations of his movies, i wonder if most people think of him as just some shock gross out movie director and actor? I remember when Borat came out, i was in college, and people were loving it. Somehow, i dont think my classmates were going to see the movie to think about the social and political consequences and conclusions the film spoke to and about. And i remember talking to multiple people who found the movie outright racist, homophobic, and sexist. Which as i said, is the complete opposite of what Sasha is out to create. He's not those things, but is out to expose those elements of our society.

With Dave Chappelle, he'd be funny and crazy but you'd always be aware the point of the show and his humor most of the time was to expose racism in society. with Sasha, he never breaks character so you just assume he's like the character.

I think he's alot like Russell Brand. people just look at these people as comedians, outrageous ones. And fail to see either as intelligent people.

Can't say it much better than that! :plus_one:
    As for the choice laid out in the title of the thread: I'll go with Borat.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    Borat by a long shot.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,629
    I remember once seeing Sasha Baron Cohen being interviewed outside his character (which is rare) and thinking, man, this guy is not only outrageous and funny as hell, he's really, really smart!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.