Options

Buying Tickets Online From Ten Club

BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
edited July 2009 in The Porch
It's been so long since the guys have played Seattle, I actually don't recall how I got my tickets in the past. I suppose I purchased them online, but I don't remember. Long term memory loss.

How hard is it to get tickets online? (I hope I'm not opening a Pandora's Box of bitchin) :)

I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow so I can stay home and try for tickets.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    It's been so long since the guys have played Seattle, I actually don't recall how I got my tickets in the past. I suppose I purchased them online, but I don't remember. Long term memory loss.

How hard is it to get tickets online? (I hope I'm not opening a Pandora's Box of bitchin) :)

I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow so I can stay home and try for tickets.

First, well before the on sale time, get logged in to the goods section and get ready.

it will be tough in the first couple of minutes. BUT persistence is the key. there will be people who put tickets in their cart, the credit card fails and they get released, or they will put them in the cart and get kicked out of the system and the tickets get released. and of course there will be people with no intention of going to the shows who put tickets in their cart, just to know if they could get some or not. During those times, the tickets will say "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK". Those tickets will get released back into the system. eventually. So until it says "ITEM OUT OF STOCK". DO NOT stop trying. Dont come on the porch and reply to threads, just keep trying for the tickets. Stay focused and stay positive and keep trying. Thats my advice, I've never been shut out.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    I am very very new at this. Please help me if I´m wrong with my idea of buying TC tickets.

1. At 10:00 tomorrow, I log in and go to the goods section.
    2. Click on goods section.
    3. Click on Tickets.
    4. Buy the tickets I want.
    5. Wait until confirmation.

Questions:

4. It´s like buying anything else on goods right?
    5. How long does it take until you know you have a ticket and how do they confirm it?

+ I only should submit the purchase once, right? For each show i want?

Thanks for the help..
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    or they will put them in the cart and get kicked out of the system and the tickets get released.

If that was to happen to me I just click again on the buy ticket right? Why does this happen? Do we have a certain time to finish the purchase?
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    force-10 wrote:
    or they will put them in the cart and get kicked out of the system and the tickets get released.

If that was to happen to me I just click again on the buy ticket right? Why does this happen? Do we have a certain time to finish the purchase?

sometimes the system will just freeze/crash/boot you out.....there are no rules on ticket sale days, anything can and will happen.

Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    Ticket day is always fun :p

Like an above poster said, persistance is the key. Some people try and get shut out straight away, come on to the Porch and start moaning as if they've completely missed out. That's the biggest mistake to make.

If it keeps saying 'temporarily out of stock' do NOT stop trying. It might take minutes or hours but if you'll get them eventually. Patience and remaining calm is the best approach.

This year has been good so far though, I got tickets for Manchester a few hours after they went on sale with no problems at all.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    I am very very new at this. Please help me if I´m wrong with my idea of buying TC tickets.

1. At 10:00 tomorrow, I log in and go to the goods section.
    2. Click on goods section.
    3. Click on Tickets.
    4. Buy the tickets I want.
    5. Wait until confirmation.

Questions:

5. How long does it take until you know you have a ticket and how do they confirm it?

+ I only should submit the purchase once, right? For each show i want?

Thanks for the help..

1. Log in well before 10 dude, like 9:45....

4. Kind of, its a lot more trying, persistence is an absolute must, if you don't get tickets in the first 2-3 minutes keep trying, last year I got tickets for Mansfield 2 at like 45 minutes after they went sale, its not really like buying other stuff on the goods page, in theory it should be, but there in this case there will be thousands of other people trying for the same thing, and the server can only take so much load.

5. After purchasing, go into your order history, it will show up there right away, then you don't need to sit around and fret and wait for the confirmation email, if the tickets are not in your order history you did not get them.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Also the key is like everyone says, is stay off the pit, don't even come on here and respond to threads, bitch etc etc. It just slows the server down and takes up valuable time from you that you could be using to try and get tickets, PERSISTENCE IS KEY
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

4. Kind of, its a lot more trying, persistence is an absolute must, if you don't get tickets in the first 2-3 minutes keep trying, last year I got tickets for Mansfield 2 at like 45 minutes after they went sale, its not really like buying other stuff on the goods page, in theory it should be, but there in this case there will be thousands of other people trying for the same thing, and the server can only take so much load.

5. After purchasing, go into your order history, it will show up there right away, then you don't need to sit around and fret and wait for the confirmation email, if the tickets are not in your order history you did not get them.

So this means after i purchase the tickets it´s immediate. I go to order history and it´s there it means they already charged the credit card?

If it´s not there i try again?

Thanks again you guys...
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:

So this means after i purchase the tickets it´s immediate. I go to order history and it´s there it means they already charged the credit card?

If it´s not there i try again?

Thanks again you guys...

Yep, basically if you were successful in purchasing tickets it will go into your Order History immediately. I don't know if means it will have charged your card already but it means you have tickets for sure. If you have nothing in your order history, try again.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    ^^ Your card isn't always charged immediately, but if they're in your Order History then you're good. So many people email 10c when they don't get confirmation emails right away and they always say you've been successful if they're in your order history.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow and in the future. Thanks for the tips...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Also, if you have been trying for awhile and have been seeing the temporarily out of stock button, be careful not to accidentally hit refresh again if you get surprised with the BUY button. Like someone else said, log on early, stay in goods and focus! Good luck!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    One more thing - it seems they run their Goods section on a different server than their main one, and since the Goods section opens up within a frame, you're loading way more data than you need to when you push 'Refresh'. Because of that, I recommend logging in, and then using this link https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... tegoryId=3 to get to the Tickets sub-section of Goods. Also, rather than refreshing, simply click on 'Tickets' on the left hand side - shorter leap to the actual tickets once they pop up! :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    force-10 wrote:

Yep.....just like buying a beanie that 10,000 other people decided they also wanted, at the exact same time. :lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    benjs wrote:
    One more thing - it seems they run their Goods section on a different server than their main one, and since the Goods section opens up within a frame, you're loading way more data than you need to when you push 'Refresh'. Because of that, I recommend logging in, and then using this link https://secure.pearljam.com/store/produ ... tegoryId=3 to get to the Tickets sub-section of Goods. Also, rather than refreshing, simply click on 'Tickets' on the left hand side - shorter leap to the actual tickets once they pop up! :)
    Okay, we are giving away too many secrets now. :P
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    All's fair in love and war. I don't mind sharing 'secrets' like that here, as we already are the minority of 10C ticket buyers. Not to mention maybe I'm helping out someone with dial-up who needs this ;)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    All's fair in love and war. I don't mind sharing 'secrets' like that here, as we already are the minority of 10C ticket buyers. Not to mention maybe I'm helping out someone with dial-up who needs this ;)
    You're a better, nicer fan than I am. I was holding that tip for myself. Probably would have given it up after securing tickets for myself. :lol:
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    You're a better, nicer fan than I am. I was holding that tip for myself. Probably would have given it up after securing tickets for myself. :lol:
    Both those terms are totally subjective. And who knows? Maybe next tour when I get shut out of a show I'll kick myself for sharing, but I figure someone told me these tips for a reason, and it probably wasn't to keep to myself. Frankly, it's not my information to hide!

EV
  • Options
    benjs=class act
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    benjs=class act

Amen to that!
  • Options
    OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    aNiMaL wrote:
    benjs=class act

+1 :)
    and thank you for helping the new member just like me, I am really nerves if I can any tickets for LA show since it's only 6000 seats venue, but hopefully the 1 show only limit will help a little.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:

wow! i had never knew that tip before. awful nice of you to share it with the competition haha :mrgreen:
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    Glad I could help - thanks all for the kind words. Try and pass it on :mrgreen:

EV
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,118
    benjs wrote:

Thanks for the tip!!!!! I am nervous about Spectrum tickets, this will help ease my worries. ;)
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Yeah you're supposed to be giving general help, not giving away EVERYTHING! :lol:
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    This board is beyond great just for having people like you guys. Maybe we´ll have a chance to see each other in person. Thanks for the more than helpful tips. Again, good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Thanks everyone for the help. If I'm suppose to get tickets, I will.....
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Can we put more than one show in our cart at a time? I forget. I know not LA, but others?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Can we put more than one show in our cart at a time? I forget. I know not LA, but others?
    No. They have to be bought one at a time. But that is a moot point because they are going up for sale one at a time.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC