Just framed my first PJ poster

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Or poster of any sort for that matter.

Not the most valuable poster in the world, but one of my favorite designs from one of my favorite shows (I was there!). It had gotten a tiny bit creased at the show so I thought it would make a good first do-it-yourself experiment.

Here it is: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/martinezmontclair/pjpostersantabarbara001.jpg

pjpostersantabarbara001edited.jpg

Bought all the materials through americanframe.com and it was super easy (well, pretty easy). Thanks to everyone on the board who offered me their opinions and advice!
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    wow.. super nice. Very neat.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566

Not the most valuable poster in the world, but one of my favorite designs from one of my favorite shows (I was there!). It had gotten a tiny bit creased at the show so I thought it would make a good first do-it-yourself experiment.

Here it is: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/martinezmontclair/pjpostersantabarbara001.jpg

Bought all the materials through americanframe.com and it was super easy (well, pretty easy). Thanks to everyone on the board who offered me their opinions and advice!

can u pass those tips along im about to dive off and try it with a EV solo one .. was going to just take it some were but if u have any tips that could help let me hear them .....
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    jokertt14 wrote:

can u pass those tips along im about to dive off and try it with a EV solo one .. was going to just take it some were but if u have any tips that could help let me hear them .....

Here's the thread I started asking or help: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101939

The second post in that thread was very helpful as well!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    wow.. super nice. Very neat.

Thanks! :D

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I've always really liked that poster......
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    thats a cool looking frame job - its especially cool that you did it yourself - great job and thanks for sharing!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Did you use Americanframe?

It looks pretty good. Nice poster to have framed IMO
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    nice job on the framing... careful though... it gets VERY addictive....
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
    i take mine to a local couple near home that a friend suggested to me .. They do a great job....keep the mom and pop shops alive.. here's a peak at some of their work..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1350375698
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
    East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
    Seattle- Gorge 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Did you use Americanframe?

It looks pretty good. Nice poster to have framed IMO

Yep, American Frame all the way. Cost me about $80 total.

Thanks for the compliments everyone...now to decide which one to frame next!

And NYbenben...the addiction has already caught me...thanks for the heads up!

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    nice!

and the addiction begins....;) haha.

seriously, the first pj i bought to keep for myself was the italian 2006 tour. that poster made it's way thru 5 cities in italy, my luggage, etc. it definitely had some rolls in it. you can still sorta see em a bit if you look right, even after a proframe job (tho not dry mounted) but i don't care! to me, it's so *worth* it, really shows it;s travels, love it! i've done a better job with most other posters since, and some i bought after market so in far better shape.....but the first i kept and framed....beautiful! (in hindsight, i probably should've stuck with just that one poster, hahaha....too addictive!) :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

jokertt14 wrote:

Oh yeah...this page helped me out a lot too: http://www.expressobeans.com/wiki/index.php/DIY_Framing

• PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    That turned out great! make sure to add it to the framed poster thread...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• greasytgreasyt Posts: 49
    Dumb question, I just received my first poster (EV 2009) and was wondering if I could just put it in any frame? I picked up one for $40.00, but after reading the extent people are going to to frame their posters, I'm starting to think I shouldn't. Do these type o f prints require special treatment? Thanks in advance for the help?
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    greasyt wrote:
    Dumb question, I just received my first poster (EV 2009) and was wondering if I could just put it in any frame? I picked up one for $40.00, but after reading the extent people are going to to frame their posters, I'm starting to think I shouldn't. Do these type o f prints require special treatment? Thanks in advance for the help?

Are you talking about the red poster? I bought a 18 x 24 frame from Michaels and it fit perfectly
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • greasytgreasyt Posts: 49
    That's the one. I wasn't sure if the type of print was sensitive to glass, or needed a special type of matting, etc.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    greasyt wrote:
    That's the one. I wasn't sure if the type of print was sensitive to glass, or needed a special type of matting, etc.

I dunno either. I Have other posters I need to frame going back so just went with the cheapest option. Plus, I couldn't wait to put it up!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I've always really liked that poster......

Absolutely! Kick ass show, great poster!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam