:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I will be what i could be
Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    im happy as fuck right now about the key shows, i feel like i could go jump for joy, but tha would be embarrasing so i wont. :D:D:D:D
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    im happy as fuck right now about the key shows, i feel like i could go jump for joy, but tha would be embarrasing so i wont. :D:D:D:D

I hope they made sure the Sonics aren't playing those night. Oh wait...

Sorry. That was low.
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Sorry. That was low.

hit em' while they're down....at least the arena will be in use for two nights!!
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    It will start for real on Monday
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    yeah the bitching is always awesome around here... gotta love it.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    It's too cold in my room, damn Canadian weather.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Sorry. That was low.
    i really couldn't care less about the sonics :P
    Shows:
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Congrats I know you've been waiting for one for a while now!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 793
    Thank goodness we won't have to listen to everyone in Seattle bitching anymore like they are so deprived.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Sorry. That was low.
    haha... didnt even think of that... im surprised that big building is just sitting around not getting regular use...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i like how they're saving boston and hartford for a separate announcement

followed by a NYC one the next week
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 793
    i like how they're saving boston and hartford for a separate announcement

followed by a NYC one the next week

yeah it is smart.. gets people from the East coast/Midwest/South to travel over to the west coast for shows thinking there wont be any.. same deal with Chicago and Toronto.. The band is smart. They play week nights as well for cheaper venue rental
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    PJ_kidd wrote:

i jumped when i got tickets to the EV solo shows :lol:

i'm really happy for you. good luck with tickets ! if there is one person on this board that i would want to get to see them other than me its you !!!!! you have been really patient and a good sport !!! HAVE FUN !!!!

oh yeah, tell the boys they have fans in Ohio will ya ? ;)
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

i'm really happy for you. good luck with tickets ! if there is one person on this board that i would want to get to see them other than me its you !!!!! you have been really patient and a good sport !!! HAVE FUN !!!!

:D
    thanks.

hope they make it to ohio for you
    Shows:
  • Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787

How do you heat an igloo ;):D
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Once again, Nebraska gets screwed.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

:D
    thanks.

hope they make it to ohio for you

I'm in Ohio (Cleveland area). There were in Cleveland in 2003 and 2006 and Toledo in 2004 (VFC). I'm expecting them to return in 2010.
  • Options
    Seattle shows!! YEAH!! maybe now da animal will shut the fuck up!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    It prefectly fine for people to be upset that PJ wont be coming closer than 1000 miles from them. I know there is the possibility that they might announce other shows, or a *possible* 2010 thing. but honestly, people can compain.

Not everyone can afford to go to a show, let alone drop $$$ on plane tickets, hotel rooms, gas, food, etc.

Truth be told, if there werent Chicago shows, I would be throwing a hissy. And to be honest, Im still not all that thrilled they will play those shows BEFORE the release of the album. but hey, at least they arent a plane ride away for me.

Seriously, complain away. its fine to complain.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    Thank goodness we won't have to listen to everyone in Seattle bitching anymore like they are so deprived.

ditto.

and i won't be bitching because they were just here in 08 thank you very much. (the south) and if anybody is bitching about the south they're a dumbass.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    aaaargggghhhhh
    Iran is not on the tour plan again :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :? :);):lol: :twisted: :cry:
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    gvn2fly12 wrote:

How do you heat an igloo ;):D
    Polar Bear fur, but PETA keeps throwing red paint at me whenever I try to buy one.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Nobody from the Northeast or West Coast should be allowed to judge anyone complaining about shows coming to their area. Also, anyone from the Northeast or West Coast should be allowed to complain about not getting shows in your area.

I will go on record that New Yorkers are the biggest wimps out there. They were bitching when PJ played East Rutherford because it was a pain to get to. If I recall, when I drove 13 hours to get to these ER shows, it was only like a 20 minute bus ride to get from East Rutherford to Times Square. And someone from Nebraska who complains that PJ doesn't tour there is merely a bitcher and complainer who has no basis to complain.

Pearl Jam is still relevant only because of their touring. They haven't had a hit album since Vitalogy. They got press because of their integrity, bootlegs, and live shows. Now if they keep touring at the pace of 15% what a normal band does, what's left? Just us diehards spending $1,000 just to see two shows a year (unless you live on a coast or in Chicago where it only costs $200).
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    Nobody from the Northeast or West Coast should be allowed to judge anyone complaining about shows coming to their area. Also, anyone from the Northeast or West Coast should be allowed to complain about not getting shows in your area.

I will go on record that New Yorkers are the biggest wimps out there. They were bitching when PJ played East Rutherford because it was a pain to get to. If I recall, when I drove 13 hours to get to these ER shows, it was only like a 20 minute bus ride to get from East Rutherford to Times Square. And someone from Nebraska who complains that PJ doesn't tour there is merely a bitcher and complainer who has no basis to complain.

Pearl Jam is still relevant only because of their touring. They haven't had a hit album since Vitalogy. They got press because of their integrity, bootlegs, and live shows. Now if they keep touring at the pace of 15% what a normal band does, what's left? Just us diehards spending $1,000 just to see two shows a year (unless you live on a coast or in Chicago where it only costs $200).

totally agree!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586

I'm in Ohio (Cleveland area). There were in Cleveland in 2003 and 2006 and Toledo in 2004 (VFC). I'm expecting them to return in 2010.

that's what i thought about dallas and san antonio and houston! good luck.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Well the real problem, in all seriousness, is not the bitching itself, it is the people that insist on complaining about the bitching. If people feel the need to bitch, let them bitch, as long as it isn't aimed in a derogatory way at a specific board user, etc. The WORST thing is when people read other's complaints or opinions and, for whatever reason, feel the need to tell them they are immature, childish, whiney, or simply to point out the otherwise obvious notion that they are in fact "bitching". People have the right to state their opinions, but others do not have the right to judge them on it. The best thing to do is let people get their crap out of their systems, say their peace, and leave 'em be.

:idea: Bottom line: if people want to bitch, LET THEM! :idea:
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I disagree evolver.
    A thread is started. Subject has nothing to do with touring or seats. It’s turning out to be a petty good thread. Some grumpy bear then throws a monkey wrench in by complaining about seats or tour locations. All start complaining
    The thread is ruined!

……..and why do people feel so important to have to start a thread about their own complaint? NOBODY CARES! Add it in with the other bitching moaning groaners.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Evolver wrote:
    Well the real problem, in all seriousness, is not the bitching itself, it is the people that insist on complaining about the bitching. If people feel the need to bitch, let them bitch, as long as it isn't aimed in a derogatory way at a specific board user, etc. The WORST thing is when people read other's complaints or opinions and, for whatever reason, feel the need to tell them they are immature, childish, whiney, or simply to point out the otherwise obvious notion that they are in fact "bitching". People have the right to state their opinions, but others do not have the right to judge them on it. The best thing to do is let people get their crap out of their systems, say their peace, and leave 'em be.

:idea: Bottom line: if people want to bitch, LET THEM! :idea:

I just don't understand the logic of coming to the fan message board to complain. What exactly do people hope to accomplish?

If it's just to vent, fine, I understand. But some of these posts make it sound like pj pissed on their mother's grave. And since when do we see complaining, whining, as traits that we should uphold. It's rather unattractive on a kid or an adult. Let alone a group of people who have been treated with a lot of respect by pearl jam over the years. They've earned my respect.

If I truly had a problem, I would hand write a letter to pj and their management. I would not go to the message board and try to convince fans of the band that pj has somehow changed or is slighting the fans in one way or another.

My two cents. But perhaps people find comfort in feeling like they've been mistreated.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Röeghmann wrote:
    aaaargggghhhhh
    Iran is not on the tour plan again :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :? :);):lol: :twisted: :cry:
    will be in plan,,but more bomb plan seems to me.. :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”