Rumored tour dates

13»

Comments

• Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    I heard someone say they got 2 tickets to MSG for $80? It was a whle ago on the board.... Maybe im just crazy. If i could get a pair for 80 bucks I could go to both seattle shows! :D

I've gotten into 2 MSG shows for free. :D

you know someoen in the industry?
    I know someone who knows a band member but i dont wanna ask them for tix cuz i dont wanna be annoying lol.

i was someone in the industry. :) ...and actually, I should have said I was paid to be there. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    CJMST3K wrote:

i was someone in the industry. :) ...and actually, I should have said I was paid to be there. :D
    care to elaborate?
    im a little slow today, not enough sleepytime.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

care to elaborate?

I used to work backstage there (and elsewhere in NYC area) in production. At the two '98 shows my office was wall to wall with their dressing room. :)
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

care to elaborate?

I used to work backstage there (and elsewhere in NYC area) in production. At the two '98 shows my office was wall to wall with their dressing room. :)
    nice, did you ever get to meet them?
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
    Take it with a grain of salt but I've heard red rocks 2 nights. Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st. ;)

I don't think so with ACL right about that time. Plus they are taping ACL show on the 3rd.
    "Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
  • Options
    TR64992 wrote:
    New rumor, just heard from a promoter friend...

the end of the West Coast tour looks something like this...

Salt Lake City - 1 show
    Missoula - 1 show
    Portland - 1 show, with possible second night
    Seattle or Gorge for two nights
    ...and why is Southern California excluded from this (rumor) list :?:
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    TR64992 wrote:

Salt Lake City - 1 show
    Missoula - 1 show
    ...and why is Southern California excluded from this (rumor) list :?:

Because it is made up ;).
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 677
    PJTEXAS wrote:
    Take it with a grain of salt but I've heard red rocks 2 nights. Sept. 30th and Oct. 1st. ;)

I don't think so with ACL right about that time. Plus they are taping ACL show on the 3rd.

1 day between shows is pretty standard for travel time.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

care to elaborate?

nice, did you ever get to meet them?

Not in the traditional sense. I'll explain. :D

Two nights earlier at CAA (Izod now?) I was front row dead center - I got my mail-order form to Ten Club first I guess. I chucked a bunch of frizbee-like signs saying "May I play drums with you?" at Ed. If you click here ( http://tinyurl.com/ng38js ) and skip to thr 3:55 mark, you'll hear Ed talking to the crowd about the sea of Breath signs, and about my interest in playing drums. ...it's missing my side of the conversation, but Ed asked me "do you know Breath by any chance". Ed seemed ready to do it, and Matt looked ok with it. ...but Stone didn't. grr... so that was my conversation with them, and almost playing with them.

Two days later at MSG I wore the same Three Fish t-shirt, and to get to the stage from their dressing room they had to pass by my office, which is a small 15' x 20' office. I figured if they were bored walking around, they might notice the t-shirt and say hi. While they loitered in front of my door, Ed in particular smoking cigarettes while looking at the hallway photos of previous shows in front of my door, I did not meet any of them. At any time I could have said something because they were right there, but in that line of work, it's not really done.

However when Ben Harper got off stage he got lost right away and asked me to bring him back to his dressing room. :)

I've met lots of other performers in that line of work, even snuck Smashing Pumpkins and Gwen Steffani in and out of arenas in my car, but never met PJ while at work. At our other venue the Hammerstein Ballroom we had Bauhaus those same two nights. When I went to the Hammerstein later that week our back door security guy told me "hey, you like pearl jam, right?" "Ed and some guys came to my door last night wanting to meet Bauhaus, but I had to tell them that the band left". So my buddy met them.

I met Ed another time after a Pete Townsend show at the Supper Club, but that was not work related.

:D
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    TR64992 wrote:

Salt Lake City - 1 show
    Missoula - 1 show
    you're not possibly assuming headlining OSL as the beginning of West Coast tour are you? Because that would not be enough to count as the beginning. Somehow I don't see them do Bridge this year. Maybe targetboy will do it as a solo act.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,361
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Somehow I don't see them do Bridge this year.

Hopefully they do a Bridge Benefit this year. It's been 3 year's now, and Ed's advertising it in the Sniper Programs during his '08 & '09 tour. Not sure how they will do it, as Philly is day's before this event. But it's Pearl Jam. They can do anything! 8-)
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

Not in the traditional sense. I'll explain. :D

Two nights earlier at CAA (Izod now?) I was front row dead center - I got my mail-order form to Ten Club first I guess. I chucked a bunch of frizbee-like signs saying "May I play drums with you?" at Ed. If you click here ( http://tinyurl.com/ng38js ) and skip to thr 3:55 mark, you'll hear Ed talking to the crowd about the sea of Breath signs, and about my interest in playing drums. ...it's missing my side of the conversation, but Ed asked me "do you know Breath by any chance". Ed seemed ready to do it, and Matt looked ok with it. ...but Stone didn't. grr... so that was my conversation with them, and almost playing with them.

Two days later at MSG I wore the same Three Fish t-shirt, and to get to the stage from their dressing room they had to pass by my office, which is a small 15' x 20' office. I figured if they were bored walking around, they might notice the t-shirt and say hi. While they loitered in front of my door, Ed in particular smoking cigarettes while looking at the hallway photos of previous shows in front of my door, I did not meet any of them. At any time I could have said something because they were right there, but in that line of work, it's not really done.

However when Ben Harper got off stage he got lost right away and asked me to bring him back to his dressing room. :)

I've met lots of other performers in that line of work, even snuck Smashing Pumpkins and Gwen Steffani in and out of arenas in my car, but never met PJ while at work. At our other venue the Hammerstein Ballroom we had Bauhaus those same two nights. When I went to the Hammerstein later that week our back door security guy told me "hey, you like pearl jam, right?" "Ed and some guys came to my door last night wanting to meet Bauhaus, but I had to tell them that the band left". So my buddy met them.

I met Ed another time after a Pete Townsend show at the Supper Club, but that was not work related.

:D

That woulda been so epic if you played drums with them!! Hahah too bad stone asnt cool with it :(

So these Seattle shows look they they are gonna come true. Now my question is, should I go to the first one or the second one?
    Which show is usually better?
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

That woulda been so epic if you played drums with them!! Hahah too bad stone asnt cool with it :(

So these Seattle shows look they they are gonna come true. Now my question is, should I go to the first one or the second one?

It's hard to tell. I think I've noticed more obscure songs on second dates, but now I'll have to think about it.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

It's hard to tell. I think I've noticed more obscure songs on second dates, but now I'll have to think about it.
    Hmmm
    Also I bet the second one I would get better seats since the first would sell out faster.
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Hmmm
    Also I bet the second one I would get better seats since the first would sell out faster.

I'd bet either the first show ANNOUNCED or the show on a weekend would sell out first. I believe on previous shows they've sold a Monday night first, then a Sunday night... probably since Monday nights are harder to sell out.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Hmmm

not sure about that...I think most of the people that are fans enough to be in the 10c would almost always choose the 2nd night...could be wrong though...

of course if one falls on a saturday, and the other on a sunday, then the saturday night will certainly have more takers.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'd bet either the first show ANNOUNCED or the show on a weekend would sell out first. I believe on previous shows they've sold a Monday night first, then a Sunday night... probably since Monday nights are harder to sell out.

So i'd get better tickets to one on a weekday?
    What if they're both on a weekday?
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

So i'd get better tickets to one on a weekday?
    What if they're both on a weekday?

If you're looking for better seats, choose the date which would be less likely to have TC able to come - usually a weekday.

If you're looking for best performance, many times that's the second night (with many exceptions). I think this is because the band probably has a day off afterwards, and they can go "all out" on the second night.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

If you're looking for better seats, choose the date which would be less likely to have TC able to come - usually a weekday.

If you're looking for best performance, many times that's the second night (with many exceptions). I think this is because the band probably has a day off afterwards, and they can go "all out" on the second night.
    sweet ill definitely pick the second, thanks for the input!
    My mom just said shed pay for the tickets too yay!
    Shows:
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    CJMST3K wrote:

I would agree. But like you said, there are many exceptions, such as the Gorge 06.

Somehow with all the shows I've seen, I have only ever seen back-to-back shows in the same city 3 times. All 3 times the second show was better IMO (Toronto 06, MSG 08, Mansfield 08).
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    And then of course there are those fanbois who will go to every freaking date ever played. And this band seems to have tons of those. So, good luck getting good seats :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    8-)
    Post edited by PJFAN_seattle on
    Shows:
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    BeerBaron wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

I would agree. But like you said, there are many exceptions, such as the Gorge 06.

Somehow with all the shows I've seen, I have only ever seen back-to-back shows in the same city 3 times. All 3 times the second show was better IMO (Toronto 06, MSG 08, Mansfield 08).

so just go to ALL of the shows :D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    What about Los Angeles, San Diego, Vegas, and Albuquerque?
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

so just go to ALL of the shows :D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    i can't afford more than one they expensive, unless i buy off someones spare hmm
    Shows:
  • Options
    FuhrawzFuhrawz Posts: 82
    If they play two nights in Seattle, I gotta get my hands on tickets for both nights. Hey, PJ_kidd, maybe I should get tickets for the first night and you could get them for the second night and we could take each other. :D
  • Options
    Faraaz wrote:
    If they play two nights in Seattle, I gotta get my hands on tickets for both nights. Hey, PJ_kidd, maybe I should get tickets for the first night and you could get them for the second night and we could take each other. :D

hahah problem is my mom wants to go cuz she likes pj too
    Shows:
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I can't see them touring the West Coast and leaving out SD, LA, SB and SF.. especially if they're playing Bridge School, which I would assume they are since it's been a couple of years and they never go more than a couple years without hitting it.

What ever the schedule is, I wish they'd just announce already... so I can start planning!!!

And while I love the Seattle rumors... I'm really craving some Gorge shows, there's nothing like 'em!! :o
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    Oh and all that being said, I'm still not convinced west coast tour dates will be included this time around. With that whole sun setting thing. Ugh! Fingers crossed!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ