How late do bars stay open in your town?

2»

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I live in Salt Lake City...need I say more?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    dunkman wrote:
    long red wrote:
    4am ... last call at 3:30am .... NY, baby.

not really that impressive considering that in my hometown of 30,000 people in the bottom corner of Scotland we have places that are open till 4am. ;)

some places in Edinburgh & Glasgow are open till later than that.

should we be impressed that scots like to drink so much? ;)

i don't think long red was trying to be impressive...just saying how it is, and not just for NYC but most of NY - at least around the metro area...unsure about way upstate. that said, all our bars are open until 4am, not just some....and then there are after hours bars/clubs. how they go about it, idk, but i know many do exist, particularly in the city....but i believe even on the island. none of it impressive...it just is what it is. :P

last time i closed a bar at 4 am was with a couple of jammers from this board, quite a few years ago now. also closed a bar recently down in baltimore with a couple of jammers, but not really as impressive since they closed at 2. ;)

i've re-read this response and still conclude that it was too boring. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    In Chicago we've got some at 2, 3, 4, and even some that close at 5 :mrgreen: Most of the ones by my house close at 2 but the 7-11 across the street sells til 4am. And then there's this awesome little hole-in-the-wall down the street from my house that opens and starts serving at 6am...that one is for the true degenerates!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    When I lived in Edinburgh the pub opposite my flat was open from 6am until 4am,it closed for two hours for cleaning,the barfly's would be poured into the street at 4am,sit on the pavement and wait for it reopening at 6am.

It was the same pub that was written about in Trainspotting and was used in the "First Day of Edinburgh Festival" scene in the film.

Now I am back living in the country pubs are open 12pm until 11pm
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    2AM they shut the doors but you can usually stay until 3:00 but they will not serve you.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Toronto's a 2am city. Not late enough in my opinion.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    ny is 4am..but you can just go to a sneaky after hours place and drink till u pass out
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    Who stays up this late :P
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    2am-last call is 1:30ish
    they did try to pass some sort of law that said they wanted to keep the bars open later (not serve alcohol) so there wouldn't be a bunch of drunks hanging out in the streets. It didn't pass.

I found it funny that in Missoula, (after the show) they turned the lights on, then the bartender comes around and says "we're closing". So we all eventually poured out into the parking lot...less than 10 minutes later, they turned off all the outside/porch lights. We all finally left. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    They don't close :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    last call is 4am,
    but you can likely get locked inside till around 5am,

then , they usually tell you

" you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay here ! "
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Who stays up this late :P

I've been known to stay up until the sun comes out. [will shrug]

The worst was standing outside the bar in Philly after MIA...which closed at 2...trying to figure out what to do. I'm just not used to having to call it a night so early :x
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I literally do not know. don't go to any in my town.

my bar is open 24/7
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

my bar is open 24/7

DEFINITELY sounds dirty :lol:
  • most here are 2pm.
    The few exceptions, like Sneakers, which stays open til 5am, is the closest thing to the Mos Eisley Cantina I've ever seen.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Most are open til 2am everyday except Saturday when they give you an extra hour until 3 am. Then there are the late night bars which are open until 4am all days except Saturday which goes til 5 am. That extra hour thing may just be in the city...not sure about the suburbs. I think that varies by each town.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think 4 am 'bout the time I'm rising ;)

you don't want to be at one either, that's when the shooting starts.
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    edited October 2012
    Recently .. they stay open for me untill I want to leave.
    Post edited by Meg8686 on
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    1am. Can't even stay at my own past 2am.
  • working days..3-4 am...friday+weekend..no limit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    Close at 2pm, start kicking you out around 1:30
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    They close at 3am in Vancouver now (pubs close earlier). It used to be 1am!! :shock: That was ridiculous. Even 3am on Friday and Saturday is stupid. Now what is even more ridiculous is that there is no decent public transit available at 3am or later. The trains shut down completely around 1-something on weekends, shockingly, and almost all buses stop then too. They have maybe 3 buses that go once an hour serving everyone in the downtown area until 3am, and then you're fucked. And then there aren't any taxi drivers willing to leave the downtown area either, so you're double-fucked. It's the stupidest thing ever, and just encourages drunk driving.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata