Options

If you could interview a member of PJ . . .

TunnelThroughDenialTunnelThroughDenial Posts: 767
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I just watched the SPIN McCready interview and it made me think.

If you worked for a magazine like Rolling Stone or SPIN and could interview someone in PJ:

1) Who would you interview?
2) Imagine you only get 3 questions. What would you ask that person?

discuss.....
|9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
|11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Can't decide between Stone or Mike, but it would definitely be one of them.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Jeff

1.Can I call you funky Jeff?
    2.What happened to those hats and can I have one
    3.Who wants to go to D's Diner
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    I'd prefer to interview Tim B or Kelly C.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    I'd interview Eddie Vedder.

1. How awesome is Jimi Hendrix?
    2. Do you like Nevermind?
    3. Do you hope Britney gets her kids back?

You know, questions that Rollingstone and it's readers care about.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    That would be hard to say. I've always wanted to interview the whole band. That's not a fair question!!

I guess it would be Stone or Mike.

1. After all these years, can you still see yourself playing with the same guys for the rest of your career? Why or why not?

2. Do you feel like you have an idenity in this band, since most of the press and public focuses on Eddie?

3. How many and what kind of records do you see yourself making in the years to come?
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:

I can't decide between Stone, Jeff and Mike. Probably Jeff wouldn't be a good idea because I'd giggle throughout the interview. :D

I'd definitely like to know what it's like to do long tours. If it's always fun or if they sometimes get tired and just don't feel like doing it.

I'd love to know if they've now gotten used to the fact that they're famous or if it still feels strange to them. Jeff said on SVT that he just can't get his head round the fact so many people listen to their music but I wonder if he still feels the same way?

I'm not sure about a third question.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Yeah Me too.I would have to flip a coin.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ed

Can you teach me to moon walk?

Where's boom?

Any chance "angel" will ever make a come back? (this is the point in the interview where ed would sucker punch me and then leave the room)
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Ed

Can you teach me to moon walk?

Where's boom?

Any chance "angel" will ever make a come back? (this is the point in the interview where ed would sucker punch me and then leave the room)
    wait, has boom not been on this tour?
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Gmoney wrote:
    wait, has boom not been on this tour?

nah he is around.. was just kind of a personal funny thing :D

In tampa my friend matt looked straight at this random old guy who walked out from the tour buses and demanded to see boom haha .. was too funny
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    ddezso wrote:
    I just watched the SPIN McCready interview and it made me think.

If you worked for a magazine like Rolling Stone or SPIN and could interview someone in PJ:

1) Who would you interview?
    2) Imagine you only get 3 questions. What would you ask that person?

discuss.....

wow, you are going to have a huge thread here with this one. Good topic.

I would interview Eddie because of course I love him. I would also because he has been so misunderstood that we all do not have to ask ourselves, "why doesn't he like interviews?"......

my three questions would most likely be,

1) who has influenced you decision to make writing/singing your career the most?

2) what do you feel is the main inspiration for your writing new and fresh concepts all of the time throughout your musical career?

3) what would you say, if asked, was the most misunderstood statement you ever made that you felt was distorted and made into a huge mania?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    For Eddie...

The greatest unsolved mystery to you?

What is the best mistake (concerning Pearl Jam) you've ever made?

I've heard you don't like to be interviewed, what would you like to ask me (maybe one of those questions you don't know who to ask, mentioned in I got ID lyrics)?

That's out of my head, very spontaneously..
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    For Jeff:

What is your favourite bass line in a song?

What kind of posters would we have if you designed them and what is your favourite out of all Pearl Jam posters?

Did you ever steal some kind of sport equiptment and why?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    ed

1. when can we expect the autobiography
    2. when will you tour the Uk properly again...and i mean properly, not just fucking london
    3. and would you sing me a few songs with your acosutic right now, say Black, society, comeback and lukin.....
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    1. hey dad
    2. what moisturiser do you use
    3. megan's right, you do look like beaker from the muppets, discuss

much respect to Mike.. should i ever have an interview opportunity with any band members...

i'll run.. haha
    wah
  • Options
    Ed:

1) I really want Into the Wild on Vinyl. Can you please give me $200?

2) You have met and even befriended loads of famous musicians that were presumably your heroes growing up. Who do you still want to meet?

3) Desert Island - you get a solar powered turntable and 5 records. Which records do you bring?
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran