Pearl Jam playing in Hawaii in December?

2»

Comments

• I spoke to Joni after the Philly shows and we are friends on Facebook she definitely said there will NOT be a show in Hawaii this year. I think we can put this rumor to bed.

Billboard stated this back in July, "Also on tap is a headlining slot Oct. 4 at the Austin City Limits festival, plus a run of shows in Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii in November and December."

Here's the link: http://www.billboard.com/features/pearl ... ory?page=5

Perhaps, Billboard was misinformed or was incorrect, or the Hawaii date(s) simply fell through. If friends of Joni are confirming that Hawaii will NOT take place, I am willing to concede. I was really looking forward to a Hawaii concert, but maybe some other time. Many other places weren't fortunate to get concerts either...I'm grateful for anything the band does. :)
  • Joni-LeeJoni-Lee Posts: 430
    Aloha

Hawaii has and was always my number one priority post the accident. I had to return to close out what I set out for! It was my first question when I got on stage and I was told there will be no Hawaii show this year and the NZ shows are definitely the last for 2009.

I'm screwed if they change their mind...but I'll be there!
    Heya I was told by two good sources that Hawaii was on for 16 Dec. This was pre me being on stage. Then I asked the question and was told it is definitely not happening in Hawaii this year. NZ are the last two gigs for 2009 for Pearl Jam.

Evergreen wrote:
    i'm pretty sure Joni (the lucky lady from Philly) said she asked Ed about Hawaii and he said Oz was the last PJ shows of the year.

I got that from Joni too. :cry:

A few of us have been talking on facebook about last minute OZ trips and I decided not to, holding out for Hawaii, and Joni stated that OZ was it.

y'all mean NZ...hahaha.
    hmmm, i wonder then if the poster earlier got it wrong somehow?
    b/c he, or she, was saying that it was from the philly shows - and the lucky person who got to go sidestage - said hawaii was happening 12.16? bizarre.

i feel for all of you who could've managed the trip this year. me, it makes me hopeful for next year instead. :mrgreen: haha.

here it is:
    timc wrote:
    At the pre-party some people found out I flew from Hawaii and introduced to someone who traveled a far distance too. That person told me DEC 16th is the DATE! I kinda believe it since that person was invited up to the stage I hope it's true
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    that sucks well I am sure some good philly DVDs well be out soon keep me going until they come back to Hawaii :D It was nice meeting you Joni
    It does suck as many friends were counting on that show. For me I'm a little glad as Philly was a last minute decision for me...now one I'm glad I made.

Hawaii will happen next year and I'll do a massive fundraiser for it!

And I want to clarify I did not ask Ed re Hawii this year. It came from another person on the stage :)
  • Joni-Lee wrote:
    now one I'm glad I made.
    i bet my money on it.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    Joni-Lee wrote:
    It does suck as many friends were counting on that show. For me I'm a little glad as Philly was a last minute decision for me...now one I'm glad I made.

And I want to clarify I did not ask Ed re Hawii this year. It came from another person on the stage :)

See you next year :D Philly was sweet! Found a a fan here going to Christchurch hooking me up with some goodies :mrgreen:
  • Joni-Lee wrote:
    Heya I was told by two good sources that Hawaii was on for 16 Dec. This was pre me being on stage. Then I asked the question and was told it is definitely not happening in Hawaii this year. NZ are the last two gigs for 2009 for Pearl Jam.

Evergreen wrote:

I got that from Joni too. :cry:

A few of us have been talking on facebook about last minute OZ trips and I decided not to, holding out for Hawaii, and Joni stated that OZ was it.

y'all mean NZ...hahaha.
    hmmm, i wonder then if the poster earlier got it wrong somehow?
    b/c he, or she, was saying that it was from the philly shows - and the lucky person who got to go sidestage - said hawaii was happening 12.16? bizarre.

i feel for all of you who could've managed the trip this year. me, it makes me hopeful for next year instead. :mrgreen: haha.

here it is:
    timc wrote:
    At the pre-party some people found out I flew from Hawaii and introduced to someone who traveled a far distance too. That person told me DEC 16th is the DATE! I kinda believe it since that person was invited up to the stage I hope it's true

aha - good info - thanks!
    i am more than likely couldn't have made it this year in any case....was a great dream after giving up on the idea of my birthday in oz and with pj, to hit up hawaii. we WILL get to both places, someday...with or without pj, but with pj would make it so much sweeter! :mrgreen:

edit -

Joni-Lee wrote:

oooo interesting, interesting!

as to hawaii next year...is that simply a hope, or a know?
    i plan on hitting up wherever pj play for the 20th anniversary show.....would be GREAT if that was in hawaii! :mrgreen:

btw - nice meeting you in philly!
    :wave:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

I told Ed on Saturday I wanted to do a big fundraiser so hoped they'll do a show late 2010 in Hawaii.

I dare say that don't plan that far ahead.

I bet they do it tho.
  • Joni-Lee wrote:
    I told Ed on Saturday I wanted to do a big fundraiser so hoped they'll do a show late 2010 in Hawaii.

I dare say that don't plan that far ahead.

I bet they do it tho.

i agree, lucky if they know what they're doing in 3 months...forget a year from now! :lol:
    also, given there were pretty solid rumors for hawaii this year, wouldn't surprise me at all if they made it there next year. a girl can dream!

well, i would LOVE it in october for the 20th anniversary - simply b/c mr. dream already put in for the time off. he already has off the week between christmas and new year 2010 as well, but anything else in that timeframe, while sure, he might be able to get the time off....bit 'risky' b/c can't be guaranteed until the last minute, unlike his vacation picks he makes in advance. and yea, week of american thanksgiving - such as with this year - totally out. so sure, for my own selfish reasons....bring on hawaii for the anniversary gig - or how about for christmas week? :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow