Pearl Jam playing in Hawaii in December?

Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
edited November 2009 in The Porch
This is posted on www.twofeetthick.com
"Our keen-eared pals at the show overheard a Hawaiian promoter saying that Pearl Jam would return to Hawaii for a show in December, after they play Australia and New Zealand - likely at the Blaisdell Center in Honolulu once more."
8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    interesting....
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    yes it is,,i have this info for australia
    http://lifewasted.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1372
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    This is posted on http://www.twofeetthick.com
    "Our keen-eared pals at the show overheard a Hawaiian promoter saying that Pearl Jam would return to Hawaii for a show in December, after they play Australia and New Zealand - likely at the Blaisdell Center in Honolulu once more."

WOW!
    :o :shock: :o
    i have always said i wanted to go to oz and/or hawaii and also see pj there, but if they go THAT soon, alas, i may not have the funds this year...:( eh, who knows....a lot can happen in a few months! awesome rumors & sure to excite the aussies, kiwis and hawaiians! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

yes it is,,i have this info for australia
    http://lifewasted.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1372

dimitiri

i cannot get your link to open. could you possibly just post whatever info you have here on this thread or forum? thanks.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

it says...
    Well…..the big bands just keep on coming to Australia !!!

A double billing of Pearl Jam and Ben Harper will be coming to Australia for concert dates scheduled to be in November. Having 1 of these bands on stage is a huge event. Having both in the 1 concert is fairly exceptional.

No further details as yet but please let us know what sort of interest levels you feel there might be in your area so we can call to discuss once more information comes to hand. This should be a sizable concert series in all 5 major cities.

Regards,

Chris XXXXX I Head Of Business Development

which is an email we've caught eye of that is doing the rounds in the events promo circuit.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    it says...

A double billing of Pearl Jam and Ben Harper will be coming to Australia for concert dates scheduled to be in November. Having 1 of these bands on stage is a huge event. Having both in the 1 concert is fairly exceptional.

No further details as yet but please let us know what sort of interest levels you feel there might be in your area so we can call to discuss once more information comes to hand. This should be a sizable concert series in all 5 major cities.

Regards,

which is an email we've caught eye of that is doing the rounds in the events promo circuit.

ahhhh...november eh?
    this might be 2x now that pj plays my birthday in oz.....ugh....i need to GO! :D
    thanks for posting that.
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• embraceembrace Posts: 849
    All right if these happen I'm in- Hawaii and Australia, that would be a killer surf trip... good use of the plane tickets too... D2d you couch surf ;0 and I'll catch the waves and we can dance all night!
    it says...

Regards,

ahhhh...november eh?
    this might be 2x now that pj plays my birthday in oz.....ugh....i need to GO! :D
    thanks for posting that.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
    embrace wrote:
    All right if these happen I'm in- Hawaii and Australia, that would be a killer surf trip... good use of the plane tickets too... D2d you couch surf ;0 and I'll catch the waves and we can dance all night!

ha, hit up hawaii AND oz?!
    while i would LOVE to....think i'd need to hit the lottery first. :P
    i might be able to do some sofa surfing in oz, but sadly none in hawaii...unless ed offers up his sofa. :lol:
    and outside of the small issue os $$$ :).....impossible for hubby to take off in november, so yea.....there goes the 'guilty' thing of even considering hitting up oz or hawaii w/o him. hahaha. what dilemmas.... :lol: it's a GREAT dream tho, hope if/when this all goes down we get a lot of advance notice (now i'm REALLY dreaming eh? ;)) to really weigh and consider all options.....ahhhhhhhhhhh...........

*edit - ah PPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE play hawaii EARLY december, like the 1st and 2nd......then mr. dream and i both can go! :mrgreen::mrgreen: still might not be the wisest move finaicially, but hey....we've always dreamed of visiting, have the airmiles (hopefully enough to cover all/most of our flights) and sure, if we're both going....i think hubby could be convinced. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• timctimc Posts: 664
    Hell YEAH!!!!!!!!! I'm currently on deployment missed ED's shows bummed me out. Now this is awesome and I will be on shore duty for the next three years excellent!!! Had great seats last time go ten club... OOPS forgot the best part if this is true my daughter will be 4 so she can go too!!! Last time she went to pre-party at dave and busters what a great time thast was. Just bought my daughter two of the three CAL TRIO posters from 03 lboth signed looking for the third one now... They will look great in her room.
    later
    Tim
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I would LOVE to go to Hawaii to see PJ but would be way too expensive.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Hopefully Liam gets to tour with the whole band for the New Zealand shows at least. I'm sure it'd be special to do that in his home.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

I would LOVE to go to Hawaii to see PJ but would be way too expensive.
    if it wasnt too expensive i would right now there for ev solo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
  • johnopihijohnopihi Posts: 19
    Oh my goodness...that is music to the ears and tonic for the soul...last Hawaii show was the best concert I've ever seen. Gimme more!
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    At the pre-party some people found out I flew from Hawaii and introduced to someone who traveled a far distance too. That person told me DEC 16th is the DATE! I kinda believe it since that person was invited up to the stage :D I hope it's true
  • timc wrote:
    At the pre-party some people found out I flew from Hawaii and introduced to someone who traveled a far distance too. That person told me DEC 16th is the DATE! I kinda believe it since that person was invited up to the stage :D I hope it's true

that's like 6 weeks from now. i don't know
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    perfect.
  • conflicting news... I spoke with the EV solo promoter (Dave) whom Eddie mentioned during the show and he said it would be December 5th.... :x
  • The promoter at the EV show also said "it will be BIG"... "Maui and Honolulu". Either way, we will know within the next week or so.... I live in Alaska and would rather fly to Hawaii and see them, than they come this way. Not that I have a choice! :lol: When are we going to "get some" (Alaska)?
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    perfect
  • nocodeak wrote:
    conflicting news... I spoke with the EV solo promoter (Dave) whom Eddie mentioned during the show and he said it would be December 5th.... :x

ouch!
    december 5th would theoretically be doable!
    and i would love, love, love to go....but alas, trying to be a 'responsible adult'...wtf is that? :? ....and yes, really can't manage it. was actully liking the idea of 12.16, b/c they NO WAY could we go! :lol: however, someone else had mentioned early december being likely simply b/c of some surf festivl or sumthin'? also, similar date to the last time pj played there. again, no rumor here....simply discussion.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

oofah- I hope this happens!!! I have ta really want ta go !! Was hoping for Kauai :D
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

• i'm pretty sure Joni (the lucky lady from Philly) said she asked Ed about Hawaii and he said Oz was the last PJ shows of the year.
  • i'm pretty sure Joni (the lucky lady from Philly) said she asked Ed about Hawaii and he said Oz was the last PJ shows of the year.

and a poster above, here and elsewhere...pretty much alluded to meeting joni in philly after her whole ed experience, and that he was told hawaii 12.16. we shall see!

btw - oz is not the last tour stop.....NZ is. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

and a poster above, here and elsewhere...pretty much alluded to meeting joni in philly after her whole ed experience, and that he was told hawaii 12.16. we shall see!

she's one of my facebook friends and just talked about this yesterday....but like ya said...we'll see...don't matter for me...my wallet still hurts from my week in Philly....i'm just hoping for shows in NY & Boston this spring/summer! :mrgreen:

I got that from Joni too. :cry:

A few of us have been talking on facebook about last minute OZ trips and I decided not to, holding out for Hawaii, and Joni stated that OZ was it.
  • hahahahaha!!!

Jinx!
    edited November 2009
    Evergreen wrote:
    i'm pretty sure Joni (the lucky lady from Philly) said she asked Ed about Hawaii and he said Oz was the last PJ shows of the year.

I got that from Joni too. :cry:

A few of us have been talking on facebook about last minute OZ trips and I decided not to, holding out for Hawaii, and Joni stated that OZ was it.

y'all mean NZ...hahaha.
    hmmm, i wonder then if the poster earlier got it wrong somehow?
    b/c he, or she, was saying that it was from the philly shows - and the lucky person who got to go sidestage - said hawaii was happening 12.16? bizarre.

i feel for all of you who could've managed the trip this year. me, it makes me hopeful for next year instead. :mrgreen: haha.

here it is:
    timc wrote:
    At the pre-party some people found out I flew from Hawaii and introduced to someone who traveled a far distance too. That person told me DEC 16th is the DATE! I kinda believe it since that person was invited up to the stage I hope it's true
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• embrace wrote:
    oofah- I hope this happens!!! I have ta really want ta go !! Was hoping for Kauai :D

Kauai is arguably the most beautiful location on the planet earth! I hope you get to go if you've never been! ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • I spoke to Joni after the Philly shows and we are friends on Facebook she definitely said there will NOT be a show in Hawaii this year. I think we can put this rumor to bed.
    coachchris wrote:
    embrace wrote:

Kauai is arguably the most beautiful location on the planet earth! I hope you get to go if you've never been! ;)

You are adding strong fuel to the fire :D Haven't been...am afraid I'll never come back. I've been wanting to surf Poipu since I was an early teen- PJ is a strong motivator ;)