Options

The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Always happy to support a good cause!

I used to have a VHS copy of that show that I made after it first came out. However, thanks to my long-since exhusband, my entire PJ collection *somehow* disappeared while I was doing an out-of-country internship with a humanitarian organization in 1999. He hated PJ, and I doubt he had a clue that he could actually have made money off the stuff, so I suspect he just trashed the lot.

Anyway, I've been slowly rebuilding my collection since then, and this Unplugged show is a key component! I really hope it will be released on DVD. One way or another, I will, somehow, get my hands on a copy of that show that doesn't have a timestamp running through it! ; )

:eek: What a bitch! :eek:
  • Options
    tradingstories reporting for duty, SIR! I will bump as often as I can and help gather the masses to this honorable cause.

WE need this entire show released. I'm thinking if we can get an email address for the right person inside MTV, post a link here and fire away!

What do we want, Pearl Jam - MTV Unplugged! When do we want it, NOW!

Danny..I'm with ya bro.

Nice. Up to four regulars now. This may be bigger than Yield yet ;)
    Thanks again for the real petition.
  • Options
    quickdex wrote:
    Why does this post only have 16 pages?? We need to get Unplugged released on DVD and CD ASAP! More signatures are needed! More attention is needed. MTV's money grubbing execs should be all over this one! It's a disease and they're all GREEN...!!! I want my MTV (unplugged that is)!!!

17 now ;) Yes MTV dudes should stop by once in a while and see the high demand for this product. I'm sure they could whip it together for us and make us shell out $25 (which I'd be willing to pay).

Almost 50 votes in the thread :)
  • Options
    LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    danny72688 wrote:
    You're hired! I'm pretty sure you already work for me though ;)

I might be fired after my slacking last night! argh.

More signatures!! I don't quite understand the not releasing of this dvd. With the widely known fact that Pearl Jam has such a cult following and with the sales of the bootlegs wouldn't they want to release a dvd? They know it'll sell like mad!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    :eek: What a bitch! :eek:
    Y'aint kidding!

Anyway, little bump for the cause.
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    If someone got rid of my pj collection I couldn't be held responsible for my actions. Seriously.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    I might be fired after my slacking last night! argh.

More signatures!! I don't quite understand the not releasing of this dvd. With the widely known fact that Pearl Jam has such a cult following and with the sales of the bootlegs wouldn't they want to release a dvd? They know it'll sell like mad!

Nah you're fine. I'm an easygoing guy. Just don't make it a habit ;)

Yes more sigs!!! [size=+5]:D[/size] The smily is floating :eek: must be high on the thought that Unplugged is going to be released ;)
    Y'aint kidding!

Anyway, little bump for the cause.

Are you looking for a part/full time job? I have a couple positions open in the bumping department. Benefits include PJ Unplugged on DVD/CD :)
  • Options
    Bumpity bump.
    Too lazy to come up with a creative bump right now.
  • Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    If someone got rid of my pj collection I couldn't be held responsible for my actions. Seriously.

... naturally, I gave some serious consideration to various courses of action. A dash of "Insta-Mort," a splash of "Out, Damn Spouse," or a pinch of "Rid-Ex" in the [insert ex's favorite dish here] was pretty tempting, and I was quite certain a jury would acquit me for what would clearly have been a patently justifiable homicide. However, given the already overburdened condition of this nation's court system, I decided to save everyone the bother.

I also wanted to avoid the notoriety of being dubbed the "You Did WHAT With My Pearl Jam Collection?" Killer. Even if you get acquited, that shit sticks. "Hi, yes, I'm here for the job interview. What's that? Why is that person following me around with a sign that says 'YDWWMPJC-K'? I have no idea. Hey, why are you backing away?" Nope. Besides, I value my privacy too much.

I just wanted to keep my dog, keep my stuff, and keep going, keeping an eye on my Rearview Mirror the whole time, and that's what I did. ;D
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    ... naturally, I gave some serious consideration to various courses of action. A dash of "Insta-Mort," a splash of "Out, Damn Spouse," or a pinch of "Rid-Ex" in the [insert ex's favorite dish here] was pretty tempting, and I was quite certain a jury would acquit me for what would clearly have been a patently justifiable homicide. However, given the already overburdened condition of this nation's court system, I decided to save everyone the bother.

I also wanted to avoid the notoriety of being dubbed the "You Did WHAT With My Pearl Jam Collection?" Killer. Even if you get acquited, that shit sticks. "Hi, yes, I'm here for the job interview. What's that? Why is that person following me around with a sign that says 'YDWWMPJC-K'? I have no idea. Hey, why are you backing away?" Nope. Besides, I value my privacy too much.

I just wanted to keep my dog, keep my stuff, and keep going, keeping an eye on my Rearview Mirror the whole time, and that's what I did. ;D

The 'You Did WHAT With My Pearl Jam Collection?' Killer is a catchy name though :D Plus that shit's like, self defense or something. You'd have been fine.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Are you looking for a part/full time job? I have a couple positions open in the bumping department. Benefits include PJ Unplugged on DVD/CD :)

Happy to help. I felt it was important, though, for you to know up front about my nearly-felonious past before I accepted this lucrative position. I wouldn't want to taint this eminently worthwhile cause by my involvement.

...so, am I still hired, or what?

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Happy to help. I felt it was important, though, for you to know up front about my nearly-felonious past before I accepted this lucrative position. I wouldn't want to taint this eminently worthwhile cause by my involvement.

...so, am I still hired, or what?

You've got the job. I've reviewed the situation and don't hold you responsible for your actions, You Did What With My Pearl Jam Collection Killer ;)
  • Options
    i don't think i signed yet so...
  • Options
    i don't think i signed yet so...

Cool. Much thanks :D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    You've got the job. I've reviewed the situation and don't hold you responsible for your actions, You Did What With My Pearl Jam Collection Killer ;)

Whew. That's a relief.

Gee...I don't have to change my name now, do I? People on the board going, "YDWWMPJC-K? WTF?!" Then again, maybe I should make T-shirts or something. Might be a lot of people out there who have had YDWWMPJC experiences.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Whew. That's a relief.

Gee...I don't have to change my name now, do I? People on the board going, "YDWWMPJC-K? WTF?!" Then again, maybe I should make T-shirts or something. Might be a lot of people out there who have had YDWWMPJC experiences.

Nah you don't have to change you name :) But it's quite the alias ;) It can be an alterego or something - like your evil twin ;)

It can be an inside joke to this thread if you like, I won't take it out of here :D
  • Options
    Oooo...Alter-ego...Evil twin...maybe I'll get a chance to use my evil flying monkeys after all!

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Oooo...Alter-ego...Evil twin...maybe I'll get a chance to use my evil flying monkeys after all!

:D
    Sick them on those MTV cockknockers and get them on the ball to release this beast!
  • Options
    I have the Unplugged on three different VHS tapes and two different CDs.

Package this with VH1 Storytellers and I would be first to buy it.
  • Options
    I have the Unplugged on three different VHS tapes and two different CDs.

Package this with VH1 Storytellers and I would be first to buy it.

Second *cough cough* ;):D
    Thank you for supporting the Unplugged petition. Your patronage is appreciated :D
  • Options

Hold on there Elphaba. Your name of YDWWMPJC-K is much better! I'd get one of those shirts. Then we could really pressure MTV into releasing it. We'd show them the shirts and say guess what this means? You really want to deny Pearl Jam fans?????!?!

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Hold on there Elphaba. Your name of YDWWMPJC-K is much better! I'd get one of those shirts. Then we could really pressure MTV into releasing it. We'd show them the shirts and say guess what this means? You really want to deny Pearl Jam fans?????!?!

That might start a Riot Act though ;)
    None of that in here, if I have to tell everyone Ten times, it's all about Unplugged.

I'd buy one definitely. Will your picture accompany the logo HeadlongRush? ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    That might start a Riot Act though ;)
    None of that in here, if I have to tell everyone Ten times, it's all about Unplugged.

So very sorry! :rolleyes: I think that's the only smiley I know.

I don't know how many times I can say it. I will buy one. I will buy them as gifts. Everyone I know will have the Unplugged if it's released!!!!!!!

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    So very sorry! :rolleyes: I think that's the only smiley I know.

I don't know how many times I can say it. I will buy one. I will buy them as gifts. Everyone I know will have the Unplugged if it's released!!!!!!!

Alright, all is forgiven. ;) I mean, I have given No Code of behavior around here.
  • Options
    The version of "Porch" during the Unplugged set is one of my all-time favorite performances. Watched/listened to that ad infinitum.
  • Options
    "We belong together!"
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    "We belong together!"

My favorite version of Black as well as Porch. "I know how I want to...choose"

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    My favorite version of Black as well as Porch. "I know how I want to...choose"

Actually I was referring to myself and Unplugged ;););):D:D:D
    Just kidding :) I love the version of Black.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Actually I was referring to myself and Unplugged ;););):D:D:D
    Just kidding :) I love the version of Black.

"They didn't say anything about no slamming...."

• Options
    Lizardjam wrote:
    "They didn't say anything about no slamming...."

I also love how Ed proceeds to say fuck a bunch of times after Jeremy even though it was off-limits! :D