Options

The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• Options
    LauraPJLauraPJ Mendoza, Argentina Posts: 1,777
    danny72688 wrote:
    iluvcats is a conspiracy theorist. Don't be fooled by her innocent looks ;)
    She has never seemed innocent to me ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    LauraPJ wrote:
    She has never seemed innocent to me ;)

lol, I'm an innocent prude.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    That would be like: "Wow, they played it!". Then... with the next Christina Aguilera's song, would be like "Ok, that was a momentary lapse of reason... MTV really sucks"

LOL it would still be nice to see it on TV again. Even if Christina Agulera follows. Or here's a better idea, how about MTV puts the show on DVD so we don't have to interfere with their "important" programming. I think we have a solution!
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    I did not say you called me mean, I said somebody did...you just told on yourself. Since I thought you were mad, I already made you a present :) Spiders dipped in chocolate. They are crunchy too.

I'd rather have Unplugged please :)
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    lol, I'm an innocent prude.
    You know I love you :)
    Well not that way...

:D
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    LOL it would still be nice to see it on TV again. Even if Christina Agulera follows. Or here's a better idea, how about MTV puts the show on DVD so we don't have to interfere with their "important" programming. I think we have a solution!
    Yeah, but they still don't get it.... motherfuckers!
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    Yeah, but they still don't get it.... motherfuckers!

Not everyone is as smart as us :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Not everyone is as smart as us :)
    I actually should run MTV :D
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    I actually should run MTV :D

Well when you do, I'd also like music videos to be played again. And not any of that rap bullshit (bitches n' hos, I'm the shit, I'm from the streets but I got mad bling, etc.).
    :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Well when you do, I'd also like music videos to be played again. And not any of that rap bullshit (bitches n' hos, I'm the shit, I'm from the streets but I got mad bling, etc.).
    :)
    The first thing I'll do, must be put in Hunger Strike's video again, and must be played at least 12 times a day
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    You know I love you :)
    Well not that way...

:D

lol, I hope not that way.

I remember when MTV was decent. I remember when it first came on, what 25 years ago? Oh those were the days, Adam Curry and his fixed hair (sighs)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:
    The first thing I'll do, must be put in Hunger Strike's video again, and must be played at least 12 times a day

could we have some modern rock videos though too? some incubus would be nice or some old concerts of fuel (oh yeah, brett scallions, hubba hubba!)
    besides pearl jam of course!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    LauraPJ wrote:

Don't forget to air Smells Like Teen Spirit twice an hour like in the good old days ;)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i'm in hiding.

i never had the privilege of seeing those videos on the boob tube, had to watch 'em on compute

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    i'm in hiding.

i never had the privilege of seeing those videos on the boob tube, had to watch 'em on compute
    Same here, but I don't want a partial show like MTV would air. I want ALL of it. Call me greedy I guess ;)
    Our day will come! Just you wait. I said it on the first day:
    Consistency = results.
    ...or something like that.
  • Options
    You know why this show should be released? Regardless of the fact the PJ may not like how it sounds...

This band went out of their way to do this show and they made the best of a bad situation. None of the right instruments showed up and they still went on and played an amazing show. I never would have known any of this, that's how flawless the show was. It's one hour of perfection.

They also broke Unplugged rules making it a unique and special experience, by playing songs like Porch and Even Flow acoustically (which turned out to be some of the best recordings of those tracks in existence). This show was all about the fans. Ed talked with the audience as if he knew them for years, even gave a shout out to another fan who had been following them to various shows. And after the show Ed took pictures of the set and audience to remember the night. He obviously felt this show was special just like me (and others).

It is a great show and I'm sick of it being only available through downloads. This should be in syndication and available for home purchasing.

End rant.
  • Options
    I totally agree that this should be officially released. Why don't Pearl Jam and MTV want our money for this when we are so enthusiastic about giving it to them?
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • Options
    I totally agree that this should be officially released. Why don't Pearl Jam and MTV want our money for this when we are so enthusiastic about giving it to them?

I ask myself that exact question every day. Thanks for your support! :)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    You know why this show should be released? Regardless of the fact the PJ may not like how it sounds...

This band went out of their way to do this show and they made the best of a bad situation. None of the right instruments showed up and they still went on and played an amazing show. I never would have known any of this, that's how flawless the show was. It's one hour of perfection.

They also broke Unplugged rules making it a unique and special experience, by playing songs like Porch and Even Flow acoustically (which turned out to be some of the best recordings of those tracks in existence). This show was all about the fans. Ed talked with the audience as if he knew them for years, even gave a shout out to another fan who had been following them to various shows. And after the show Ed took pictures of the set and audience to remember the night. He obviously felt this show was special just like me (and others).

It is a great show and I'm sick of it being only available through downloads. This should be in syndication and available for home purchasing.

End rant.
    Very astute observations. So RELEASE it already!
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

I have flying monkeys, and I'm not afraid to use them.

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    Very astute observations. So RELEASE it already!
    I was hoping someone would read and acknowledge this. I didn't write it out for nothing :)
  • Options
    I hope your astute message helps. Good luck!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    also it was a cunning (clever) message, lol.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Not to mention discerning, informative, and (my favorite--just doesn't get used enough) perspicacious!

Forsooth, thou hast bestowed upon us the gift of thine immense sagacity.

Hey, what's a stoot, anyway?

(Think I'd better lay off the Shakespeare marathon for a bit. Switching to Fight Club....3...2...1...now. Just don't talk about it.)
    Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. --Douglas Adams

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    danny im going to eat chineese food, ill be back and well chat about tommorrow
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    danny im going to eat chineese food, ill be back and well chat about tommorrow

See ya later dad. Can you bring me back some Sesame chicken please? :)

EDIT: Oh! And tell Dave A. I said hi!
  • Options
    why do you want this so badly if you like riot act better than ten? please prepare a succinct narrative.

j/k
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    why do you want this so badly if you like riot act better than ten? please prepare a succinct narrative.

j/k
    Yes! Prepare that narrative...to further bestow upon us the gift of thine immense sagacity! Right! Go for it!

YDWWMPJC?!!
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:

j/k

I said Riot Act > Ten, not Riot Act > Unplugged.
    Here let me lay it out for you.

Vs. > Vitalogy > Yield > Unplugged > Pearl Jam > Benaroya Hall > Riot Act > Ten > No Code > Binaural > Lost Dogs

Unplugged breaks the rules of an acoustic show. It's unique.
  • Options
    I'm in Release Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said the unplugged DVD
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
  • Options
    I'm in Release Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said the unplugged DVD

We're also pushing for vinyl release :)
    Thanks!!