Options

The *OFFICIAL* Release Pearl Jam Unplugged on DVD/CD Thread

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I thought I was the only pj fan on earth who likes LO2L?

that's how I first heard GTF, on that cd....I was a late bloomer!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    danny72688 wrote:
    Oh how I long to hear this show on the black circle! It really is the best way to hear PJ. Vitalogy sounds amazing, and I'm too scared to listen to Benaroya (I'll break it the second I touch it knowing me ;)), but LO2L is just an orgasm to my ears.

Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Please???
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....
    Unplugged on vinyl....

somebody's desperate....
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    somebody's desperate....
    We're at 3000+ posts (most of them me) and you're just now noticing this?
    ;):p:D
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    I thought I was the only pj fan on earth who likes LO2L?

that's how I first heard GTF, on that cd....I was a late bloomer!
    Who doesn't like LO2L? :eek: That's like hating on Unplugged. A mortal sin.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    We're at 3000+ posts (most of them me) and you're just now noticing this?
    ;):p:D

nah... just thought i'd save it for a moment where i'd think you're seriously spiralling out of control... ;) i do believe you could do worse though. :p

tell me danny. did you join this board for the sole and single reason to get this Unplugged thing done..? :cool: because i hardly see you around anywhere else.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    danny72688 wrote:
    Who doesn't like LO2L? :eek: That's like hating on Unplugged. A mortal sin.

many synergy-ites have bashed LO2L...it was years ago
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Davanita wrote:
    tell me danny. did you join this board for the sole and single reason to get this Unplugged thing done..? :cool: because i hardly see you around anywhere else.

yeah, good question!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Davanita wrote:
    Well it is my main objective, but as you can see by my join date versus this thread's first post, I was around long before. I had to juggle school and a job and a pet so Pit time went way down since over the summer. I try to get on every once in a while however.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I had to juggle school and a job and a pet so Pit time went way down since over the summer. I try to get on every once in a while however.

i thought you didn't have a life...? ;)
    i thought you didn't have a life...? ;)
    I don't ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I don't ;)

same here :)
    I have a husband, a job, a house, a cat who has a problem -- let's hope it is not cancer
    but my lifelong friends are not my friends anymore -- they have become an email or an annual Christmas card with just a signature in it or a once a year visit.
    so I do not have a social life.

time for unplugged!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    same here :)
    I have a husband, a job, a house, a cat who has a problem -- let's hope it is not cancer
    but my lifelong friends are not my friends anymore -- they have become an email or an annual Christmas card with just a signature in it or a once a year visit.
    so I do not have a social life.

time for unplugged!
    Unplugged is the cure for cancer.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Unplugged is the cure for cancer.

not funny :(
    if it is cancer, I'll cry.
    on wednesday we will find out if he needs a biopsy.

do you have unplugged on an old fashioned video, can't remember...
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    not funny :(
    if it is cancer, I'll cry.
    on wednesday we will find out if he needs a biopsy.

do you have unplugged on an old fashioned video, can't remember...
    I only have the mp3s and FLACs. I'm waiting for vinyl and DVD.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    I only have the mp3s and FLACs. I'm waiting for vinyl and DVD.
    ........still waiting...
  • Options
    I absolutley love the unplugged show back in the day as do most fans and still have a decent copy recorded from t.v at the time which still gets played regularly , but in my opinion it has not been released because the band were not completley happy with the sound, even thought we are, in particular i think some of the band thought the drums (ambruzee) were to heavy and i think it contributed to his eventual split from the band.
    Thats always been my thinking as to why it was never released, because i was waiting for it to come out also.
  • Options
    ComatosedComatosed Sydney, Australia Posts: 93
    I absolutley love the unplugged show back in the day as do most fans and still have a decent copy recorded from t.v at the time which still gets played regularly , but in my opinion it has not been released because the band were not completley happy with the sound, even thought we are, in particular i think some of the band thought the drums (ambruzee) were to heavy and i think it contributed to his eventual split from the band.
    Thats always been my thinking as to why it was never released, because i was waiting for it to come out also.

All respect to the band for their views on why or why not this show should be released.......but c'mon guys, your fan's love this show and see it as one of your all time great performances. I recorded the show on VHS and had an unreal, faultless copy. HAD. It was stolen from me. If I want a copy now I have to buy it from eBay, which I dont mind, but the quality of the eBay copies leaves a lot to be desired and because a lot of the copies are taken from the reel I am stuck with the timer at the bottom of the screen.

Anyway, whether it happens or not, I have signed the petition.

(fingers crossed)
    Pearl Jam                                                         Eddie Vedder  
    Sydney - 11/3/1995                                           Sydney - 18/3/2011  
     Sydney - 9/3/1998                                            Sydney - 19/3/2011
     Sydney - 11/3/1998                                          Sydney - 13/2/2014
     Sydney - 12/3/1998
     Sydney - 11/2/2003
     Sydney - 13/2/2003
     Sydney - 14/2/2003
     Sydney - 7/11/2006
     Sydney - 8/11/2006
     Sydney - 18/11/2006
     Sydney - 22/11/2009
     Sydney - 26/1/2014

• Options
    Id like to have it if they release it. It would be newer to me probably because I didnt see it back then, but ive seen somewhere a couple years ago. I forget where

Vote Yes
  • Options
    Yeah I think you got it right about the band not liking it. I don't see how they hate it though, best performances of Black, Porch, and acoustic Even Flow :)
    Comatosed wrote:
    All respect to the band for their views on why or why not this show should be released.......but c'mon guys, your fan's love this show and see it as one of your all time great performances. I recorded the show on VHS and had an unreal, faultless copy. HAD. It was stolen from me. If I want a copy now I have to buy it from eBay, which I dont mind, but the quality of the eBay copies leaves a lot to be desired and because a lot of the copies are taken from the reel I am stuck with the timer at the bottom of the screen.

Anyway, whether it happens or not, I have signed the petition.

(fingers crossed)
    Yeah, the fans want it guys :) Especially me!
    shackles31 wrote:
    Id like to have it if they release it. It would be newer to me probably because I didnt see it back then, but ive seen somewhere a couple years ago. I forget where

Vote Yes
    I was a young 7 at the time, so I would love to relive it on DVD :) Though it can be found on youtube, I'd prefer a non-bar good quality version.

Thank you three for your support! :D
  • Options
    Comatosed wrote:
    HAD. It was stolen from me.

i say anyone who would do such a thing ought to be shaved, sterilized and destroyed.
    i say anyone who would do such a thing ought to be shaved, sterilized and destroyed.
    You're going a little easy on them aren't you? Of course all of the above should be done in the crowded town square while being forced to listen to Creed.
  • Options
    danny

did your band go to see Ten on friday night, unlike me?

did your band sign the unplugged petition? do they have walrus moustaches or are they cool?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    danny

did your band go to see Ten on friday night, unlike me?

did your band sign the unplugged petition? do they have walrus moustaches or are they cool?
    Yes my band went to see Ten. And they don't visit the message board so I haven't had them sign yet. I should though!!!
  • Options
    Happy New Year Unpluggers.
    Maybe this year we'll see some progress :)

So close to 5000 I can taste it!
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Happy New Year Unpluggers.
    Maybe this year we'll see some progress :)

So close to 5000 I can taste it!

happy new year!

7 when unplugged was aired? I think I was 31 or 32 :(

now where is my walker?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    happy new year!

7 when unplugged was aired? I think I was 31 or 32 :(

now where is my walker?
    LOL :D

Would you try to go to Unplugged 2? I would obviously. (That is assuming it happens).
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    LOL :D

Would you try to go to Unplugged 2? I would obviously. (That is assuming it happens).

would I go to unplugged 2? like in NYC? :D

no, b/c only philly fans would be invited :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    would I go to unplugged 2? like in NYC? :D

no, b/c only philly fans would be invited :)

Ed better invite me backstage ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Ed better invite me backstage ;)

dirty.
    dirty.
    LOL
    That's not what I meant! :p