4th Of July!!!!! What are your plans?????

2»

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Taking the boat to Newport if the rain ever stops...
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Taking the boat to Newport if the rain ever stops...

have one at busker's for me, eh?!? tore that place up a couple weeks ago - good times!
    I love to turn you on
    Will do!

Were you with Elizabeth Banks???
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    3.5 more hours until my 4 day holiday weekend begins....and it's grey and rainy. :(
    tomorrow looks to be grey and rainy. :(
    saturday thru monday looks to be sunny. :)
    i'll be sure to enjoy it all.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

3.5 more hours until my 4 day holiday weekend begins....and it's grey and rainy. :(

I would prefer it not to be grey and rainy tomorrow, so if you could arrange for that it would be great...
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

I would prefer it not to be grey and rainy tomorrow, so if you could arrange for that it would be great...

if i could arrange for that, i certainly would...for you, for me, for everyone. and coincidentally, if i possessed such powers...would probably be able to quit my day job to boot. ;)

1 more hour...and the holiday weekend begins! woooooohoooooo!

and for you speedy, a lil story :) ....first thing i am going to do when i step off the train at home is go to our local mechanic to pick up my old 1995 neon. hubby has been driving it to/from work in the bronx as of late, yesterday he barely got home....he and his bro know a bit about cars, had a few differing scenarios in mind as to what might be up, all thinking $500 to a grand.....called the mechanic, said what happened, the noises, etc....dropped it off in the AM....by 11 AM today got a call saying it was *ready*...hubby was like, wtf? he only wanted him to check it out, see what the problem was so we could weigh our options, etc. he was afraid just what the cost was going to be. mechanic was like 'yea, it's ready....you just needed new spark plugs, bill is $69.' :mrgreen: so much for all mechanics being lying, thieving crooks. ;) haha. and a GREAT way to start off my holiday weekend!

be safe, have fun.....ENJOY!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Will do!

HA! :D

rounded up a $100 in a freakin hurry there...met some true irish in there and the guinness and whiskey started flying.
    I love to turn you on
  • Heading to the neighborhood party and praying that my wife doesn't go into labor until the 5th.
    I can't teach common sense.
    Will do!

HA! :D

rounded up a $100 in a freakin hurry there...met some true irish in there and the guinness and whiskey started flying.

The vessel should be well stocked for the trip, the Benjamins will be sunk into the gas tank instead.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I MIght go to the Cubs game Friday.....Then see Buddy Guy on Saturday....

Ya gotta LOVE the 3 day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hell yeah for three day weekends. It's been some time..

Fireworks with the family. Party with the friends :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Making sure my 10c membership is up to date !!

Boo-Ya !!!!

:):D:)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Just picked up 25 Lobsters....we are having a party!!! :D
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Gonna go bet on the ponies on Friday night July 3rd at Emerald Downs. Then on Saturday the 4th we are heading the Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA for some school bus figure eight races and whatnot.

Emerald downs ey? im going to Great Advaneture waterpark tdy, then im going to bet the ponies at MONMOUTH PARK tmo....

How did you make out at Emerald? no offense at all here, but that track is UNBETTABLE.....races are too cheap....

$2500 claimers is bottom of the barrel
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    mach271 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Gonna go bet on the ponies on Friday night July 3rd at Emerald Downs. Then on Saturday the 4th we are heading the Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, WA for some school bus figure eight races and whatnot.

Emerald downs ey? im going to Great Advaneture waterpark tdy, then im going to bet the ponies at MONMOUTH PARK tmo....

How did you make out at Emerald? no offense at all here, but that track is UNBETTABLE.....races are too cheap....

A $2,500 claimer isn't worth the cost of upkeep...may as well just keep the horse at home!
  • iamsam_pjiamsam_pj Posts: 300
    i have no idea??! for once i'm not working...and i'm not sure what to do. hmmm...i'll figure something out :)
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    My brothers and I went to the local tea party this morning to hang out, sport our Obama gear, and laugh at the nutters involved. I think I'm even going to be on the local news for it (there were only the 4 of us opposing the teabaggers). The plan for the rest of the day is to watch the Tigers play the Twins tonight, maybe read my book, and eat ribs on the grill for dinner tonight. My kind of holiday!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I gotta get to the store to get stuff to make my world-famous Strawberry-Rhubarb pie!

Mmmmmm!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    shit. i just realized that we're out of charcoal. and here i was hoping to avoid the store today. damn, damn, damn!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Went to the Taste of Chicago on Friday with Kathy, her sister Becky, and Beckys son Dillon. Saturday Kathy and I went to Beckys house for the annual 4th of July fireworks extravaganza(watching everyone get drunk and hopefully not blow off any body parts).Today we went to the pool, swam for a couple of hours, then went to my parents house for prime rib dinner.

Not a bad weekend.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,666
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    mach271 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

A $2,500 claimer isn't worth the cost of upkeep...may as well just keep the horse at home!

70516_512x288_generated__CF+PGhWmsUqrvhZQJkKQbA.jpg

peterhorselickingavatar.gif
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I did my first 10k heck my first race of any kind Saturday morning. I walked a lot of it but it was really cool getting up and doing the Peachtree Road Race here in Atlanta. It is quite an event.

then did a bbq with friends and went home to watch fireworks from my apartment.

I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait for next year hopefully i'll be in better shape and can run more of the race.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    bbq, fireworks, booze..same ole shite
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The usual - hosting a big cookout at the house. Bought the beer yesterday.

Unfortunately, they're calling for 2-3 inches of rain tomorrow which SUCKS because my neighborhood is one big block party on the 4th with everyone grilling out and having people over. We'll all be forced into our respective garages and will have to socialize by waving at each other across the streets.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    A 30 pack of PBR
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738
    I'm going to blast off some roman candles!! My Favorite :lol::lol:
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    I have to go find my wife who is backpacking somewhere in the middle of the Tetons. She is already on the trail... and forgot her bear spray. Uh-oh. I'll head out in the morning, shouldn't take too long; I mean, how big can the Tetons possibly be?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Drugs, Alcohol and Youtube, been planning it for weeks.
    Drugs, Alcohol and Youtube, been planning it for weeks.

this is unusual?