Options

Austin City Limits taping Oct. 3rd

PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Hey guys,

I have emailed the media people at the Austin City Limits TV show to apply for media credentials for the Oct 3rd taping of the show. Since I do technically fall into the category of media because I run an unofficial fan site, I am going to see if I get a response.

Here's where you guys come in. I need you to visit my site as often as you can so that I can bump up my hit totals so that I can show that I am legit. You guys can leave comments to my post or just listen to the podcasts (and yes I am going to try to get them up on a more consistant basis).

I will begin posting on a daily basis so there will be new news everyday. Thanks again for your continued support of my blog. Here's the address again:

http://www.giventocast.blogspot.com
"Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1) you wont get credentials/ free passes

2) lets see, we help you and you reap the benefits?!?! hmmmmm how's that gonna work now.

3) "in the media" is such a cliche... any moron with a blog can say they're in the media
  • Options
    BTW, I just got a response today from the media request person and they said they'll be in touch. They didn't say yes or no but at least I got a response. Ususally, in the past like for the Lallapolooza show, I never heard from anyone.

If you wish to help me out I appreciate it, if you don't to that's fine too but I don't need the negative vibe like the previous post.

Also, IF I do get them, I will be doing some sort of drawing for the extra one. So I guess you can benefit if I do get them.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    MH80359 wrote:

2) lets see, we help you and you reap the benefits?!?! hmmmmm how's that gonna work now.

3) "in the media" is such a cliche... any moron with a blog can say they're in the media
    Although I don't disagree with points #1 & 3, point #2 makes you look like a total a-hole.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    BeerBaron wrote:
    MH80359 wrote:

Although I don't disagree with points #1 & 3, point #2 makes you look like a total a-hole.
    seriously
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,455
    Get_Right wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    MH80359 wrote:

seriously

double seriously :mrgreen: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469

3) "in the media" is such a cliche... any moron with a blog can say they're in the media[/quote][/quote][/quote]

personally, i think all 3 points make him seem like kind of an ass....
  • Options
    Did not even hurt a bit to just check out your blog. Good luck with scoring tickets, cheers!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    PJTEXAS wrote:
    Hey guys,

I have emailed the media people at the Austin City Limits TV show to apply for media credentials for the Oct 3rd taping of the show. Since I do technically fall into the category of media because I run an unofficial fan site, I am going to see if I get a response.

Here's where you guys come in. I need you to visit my site as often as you can so that I can bump up my hit totals so that I can show that I am legit. You guys can leave comments to my post or just listen to the podcasts (and yes I am going to try to get them up on a more consistant basis).

I will begin posting on a daily basis so there will be new news everyday. Thanks again for your continued support of my blog. Here's the address again:

http://www.giventocast.blogspot.com

Good luck with your plan. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Thanks to you guys for the positive karma... I have my tix to ACL so if I don't get i'll always have the concert...I'll post an update when I get the answer
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 449
    Went to your site, hopefully it works out for you. I know that there are typos on all kinds of web sites and not quite sure what they do in order to screen you but you might want to fix your first headline "Ever wanted to see a video of "PORCH" buy Pearl Jam never made one? " change the buy to but??

Good luck!
  • Options
    My bday is 10/2 as well! Always wanted to celebrate a bday at a pj show. Almost went to Toledo in 04, want to go to ACL but funds too low after Chi-town shows.

Anyways, good luck!
  • Options
    jackwvujackwvu Posts: 29
    i learned a long time ago not to put anything up on this board that might be important to you, because although the pearl jam family claims to be all about helping each other out and love and peace, people on this board are really not very nice.
  • Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    jackwvu wrote:
    i learned a long time ago not to put anything up on this board that might be important to you, because although the pearl jam family claims to be all about helping each other out and love and peace, people on this board are really not very nice.
    That's not true at all, speaking from personal experience...there is a great gap in the people here, the complete douche bags and the really nice people and the ration is usually something like 1:10.....or at least from what I've seen. :ugeek:
    08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    allstar340 wrote:
    jackwvu wrote:
    That's not true at all, speaking from personal experience...there is a great gap in the people here, the complete douche bags and the really nice people and the ration is usually something like 1:10.....or at least from what I've seen. :ugeek:

I have to say that is the truth... For the most part, everyone here has been very positive. Those are the true fans.

On the show taping front, I'm crossing my fingers and if I don't I get 'em I'll try the regular route by either requesting them like everyone does or go to location on day of show and hope for standby seats. If I don't get them, I have been saving my pennies to buy an extra tix for the Sunday ACL festival show and run a contest on my site. Holding off on that due to low funds. I am thinking of adding a paypal donation link on the site soon to help deflect costs and giving everyone that donates an extra chance to win the ticket.. so far with software, t-shirts and such, I 'm in the hole about $100 dollars. But that's cool cuz I love doing this and making money IS NOT my goal. I figure if everyone gives a $1 or so I can giveaway more stuff. Who knows?

I am probably asking for it, but what do you guys think?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    PJTEXAS wrote:
    I have to say that is the truth... For the most part, everyone here has been very positive. Those are the true fans.

This post is every bit as douchy as the original thread destroyer's, imo.

I've found that everybody around here views the world through a different shade of glasses. I'm sure the guy was just speaking with brutal honesty more than trying to tear you down. I agree with his 3rd point.

What's the purpose for press credentials for a TV show taping? Isn't that somethin they'd wanna keep reporters out of?

I hope you get to do whatever it is you're trying to do with the ACL taping.
  • Options
    First off, you're entitled to your opinion like everyone is, but I think prefacing your comments by say " your intentions are not to be mean or ass-like..." then state your case. I'm pushing 40 in years and I don't some punk kid posting a bunch negative, selfish cramp on my thread. I was a fan from '92 he was probaly 2 when the band came out.
    They do issue press credentials for photography and newspapers for these events. By reporting on it before it is shown, builds "buzz" for the show and FREE promotion for it as well. They like that, especially for PBS. Since the inseption of the internet and the power of word of mouth, bloggers are getting respect for what they can do for a cause, celebrity or music. there was a study done last year the stated that blogs help music sales. Here's the article:

If you've ever wondered about the true power of bloggers, look no further than a new study that shows blog buzz is directly related to real-world album sales. The implication: User-generated content influences decision making in the music industry.

Digital Journal — The study's abstract says it all: "The Internet has enabled the era of user-generated content, potentially breaking the hegemony of traditional content generators as the primary sources of 'legitimate' information."

According to New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business, the amount of Internet "chatter" about a musician's upcoming album directly relates to how well it sells.

The study's authors, Vasant Dhar and Elaine Chang, looked at user-generated content on blogs and social networks and attempted to "examine the usefulness of such content, consisting of data from blogs and social networking sites in predicting sales in the music industry." More specifically, the study was attempting to evaluate whether user-generated content on blogs and social networks provided a predictive value, if it was retrospective or just plain noise.

Tracking changes in online discussion for a sample of 108 albums for four weeks before and after release dates, the study showed a direct relationship between blog buzz and the success of an album.

The study found three main points:
    (a) the volume of blog posts about an album is positively correlated with future sales; greater increases in an artist’s Myspace friends week over week have a weaker correlation to higher future sales; and (c) traditional factors are still relevant – albums released by major labels and albums with a number of reviews from mainstream sources like Rolling Stone also tended to have higher future sales.

Researchers monitored album sales ranks on Amazon along with blogs, news articles and the number of friends someone had on MySpace. Researchers admit they would have preferred to use Nielsen SoundScan data, but noted "its data are proprietary and very expensive to obtain."

According to their research, blog chatter is the most important variable in the relationship with album sales; if an album has more than 40 blog posts, it will have above-average sales figures. Furthermore, the study says extremely high blog chatter (more than 240 blog posts) allows albums to "overcome the disadvantage of being released by an independent label."

In addition to blog chatter, researchers say bands who have a higher number of MySpace friends are also likely to see stronger album sales. Researchers said about 80 per cent of artists in their sample (ranging from John Mellencamp to American Idol's Katherine McPhee) had an official Myspace page.

Their research also shows higher percentage changes in the number of friends a band has on MySpace relates to increased weekly sales in the future. The study's authors note, "This is interesting because both these variables tend to have usable information before an album is released, while the majority of reviews in all review source categories only begin to appear within the first week surrounding the album release date."

Outside of the blog world, the study mentions Rolling Stone editorial coverage as a key driver of album sales: "Although we found that user-generated content is a good predictor of music album sales, our analysis showed that traditional factors cannot be ignored," the study says. And an obvious point: The more reviews an album gets in mainstream media, the better it will sell.

While online chatter is related to album sales, researchers say they are not able to conclude whether increased blog chatter actually causes increased sales. "It may be the case, for example, that it is another, unobserved variable that causes both increased chatter and sales with the increased chatter occurring first," the study reports. Other factors can include the quality of an artist's work as well as album expectations.

The study concludes with a cautionary note for marketers that want to exploit blog posts to increase sales, saying, "It is conceivable, for example, that if blog posts start becoming manipulated because people think they have an impact on sales, that the predictive power might disappear because the underlying reasons for it disappear. There is a crude analogy here to efficiency in financial markets were predictive models lose their power over time as the relationships become recognized and exploited by people who seek to benefit from their existence."

If you want to see the actual study, you can download it here: http://archive.nyu.edu/bitstream/2451/23783/2/CEDER-07-06.pdf:

So I think it benefits everyone if they allow certain people to do a report on the show.

BTW, the are building a new studio that will seat over 2000 people, bigger than the 340 seat studio they have always used. I am sure they need the money to pay for it. I think they need all the sales they can get from their ACL music compilations they sell on their website. What do you think?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    A blogger is not the fucking media. A blogger is a blogger.

If they let you in, they'd have to let in every dickwad with a laptop and a half-baked opinion. Stop fellating yourself with unneccesarily grandiose opinion of yourself, leave your mother's basement and get down to your real job at Burger King. Your manager says they are out of pickles.

How's that for brutal honesty? :)

Oh, and good luck with your little credential quest.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Okay PJTEXAS, I am not trying to be negative or burst your bubble either, I to just turned 40 on June 17th, so I'm not some punk kid being negative either. But I'm just trying to fill you in on a couple of things about ACL tapings as I have been to about 5 or 6 of them and have lived in Austin for 15 years, again I am just passing on what I know to you, you can take it however you like.

First of all they do not allow ANY pictures of any kind by anybody to be taken at the ACL tapings, they have one photographer that they allow in for 2 or 3 songs to take pictures, he is the ONLY one allowed to do so, it has been like this for a long time.

Second, you do not "request" tickets to ACL tapings, they used to announce that there was a taping and you would have to go to a certain location, usually Waterloo Records and they would give away about 50 to 75 "space available" tickets. Space available tickets mean that once the "Friends of ACL" who pay thousands of dollars a year and are given 20 tickets that get them into to any ACL taping during the year are let in, THEN the people with the space available tickets are let in. To join the "Friends of ACL" currently you still have to pay I think ($2,500) and then there is STILL a waiting list for tickets that is backed up at least a year or two. Now they don't even give out the space available tickets like that anymore, they give out about 20-30 tickets on an Austin based website, you sign up and they randomly select people.

Third, I'm not beating you down here, just being honest, this quote.

<<<<They do issue press credentials for photography and newspapers for these events. By reporting on it before it is shown, builds "buzz" for the show and FREE promotion for it as well. They like that, especially for PBS. Since the inseption of the internet and the power of word of mouth, bloggers are getting respect for what they can do for a cause, celebrity or music. there was a study done last year the stated that blogs help music sales.>>>>

As I already said there are no photographs of any kind allowed and with all due respect, there ALREADY is a "buzz" all over town about this taping and do you really think that they are concerned about "FREE promotion" from a blogger, again with all due respect the Austin City Limits TV show has been around for decades, I think they can get by and that they know what they are doing at this point. I am not sure if you are aware that there is already an ACL blog, that reports on all of the tapings, along with photos from the one guy who is allowed to take them.

Forth, And last, yes they are building a new studio here in Austin for future tapings, but it had already been paid for, good luck to you on your quest to get in as I truly wish you well, I am trying my hardest with everyone I know here in Austin to try and get in, I am trying to get 2 tickets, as I said before I have been to about 5 or 6 tapings and I know a few people with inside track on tickets, they have ALL told me it's going to be REAL HARD, That being said, if I happen to get more than 2 tickets, I will honestly, no screwing around here, send you a PM on this website and gladly offer it to you, none of my friends in Austin really care for PJ and I would rather someone who actually wants to go get in.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

double seriously :mrgreen: ..

LOL!!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Cob wrote:
    That being said, if I happen to get more than 2 tickets, I will honestly, no screwing around here, send you a PM on this website and gladly offer it to you, none of my friends in Austin really care for PJ and I would rather someone who actually wants to go get in.

I live in Austin and I could be your friend.........!
    (I'm in your age group too) :D
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    thanks Cob for the info. and I appreciate your honesty. I also thank you for the extra tix if you get them. Not alot people would do so. I guess i hope against hope that by some great miracle I can get a standby tix. Again, I am not holding my breath or anything and like I said I am there in Austin for the ACL Festival so anything extra would be great.

Thanks again Cob for the insight. I wish you luck on the tix. If you get in and I don't i would welcome a review of the show for my site and or my podcast. Let me know.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    you can get in if you know somebody that works on the show, or if you know someone that can get you on the VIP guest list

but dont worry I am predicting that PJ will do a fan club only show at stubbs BBQ-and it will be much more exciting that the ACL taping

but that is just baseless and masturbatory speculation on my part

carry on
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Get_Right wrote:
    you can get in if you know somebody that works on the show, or if you know someone that can get you on the VIP guest list

but dont worry I am predicting that PJ will do a fan club only show at stubbs BBQ-and it will be much more exciting that the ACL taping

carry on

GREAT turn of phrase.......! :lol:
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I wish I could get in to see this. :(
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options

If they let you in, they'd have to let in every dickwad with a laptop and a half-baked opinion. Stop fellating yourself with unneccesarily grandiose opinion of yourself, leave your mother's basement and get down to your real job at Burger King. Your manager says they are out of pickles.

Media - communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely

Blogging and blogs are widely accepted as media. It's new media and some don't necessarily reach a wide audience, but they have the potential too. It's not traditional media and it's definitely debatable as to its value, but it is media none the less.

In this situation, I don't think ACL will see a fan blog as important enough to give it media credentials. But if I had a blog, I'd try it.
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Media - communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely

Blogging and blogs are widely accepted as media. It's new media and some don't necessarily reach a wide audience, but they have the potential too. It's not traditional media and it's definitely debatable as to its value, but it is media none the less.

In this situation, I don't think ACL will see a fan blog as important enough to give it media credentials. But if I had a blog, I'd try it.

It is media in terms of the dictionary definition. And only then depending on how you define the term "widely."

A blogger is not generally media in the context of being issued "media credential," unless said blogger is backed by a more well-known publication. That Zach dude from SPIN, for example.

I can give my wife Tylenol for a headache, but that doesn't make me a doctor.

As a sort of side note/tangent, not really related to this thread ... I am actually quite horrified at "the kids these days" who seem to believe that blogs are a source of legitimate news. There are some great, creative, intellectual bloggers out there ... but most of them are commenting on news that has already been broken, by "legitimate" news organizations, and not breaking the news themselves.

You don't see bloggers beating down the doors to expose corruption at city hall. We just had a big local story on a series of serious injuries at the local amusement park, that the park illegally neglected to report. Your neighborhood blogger isn't running down that story, either.

It's like a person saying, "I don't care about farmers. I buy all my food at the grocery store." Yes, but where does the food at your local A&P actually come from, doofus?

Buy a newspaper, kids. Actually, buy more than one. Give an old (32-year-old) man some hope for the future.
    Post edited by slightofjeff on
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    I wish I could get in to see this. :(

You want to see weenie masturbate?

Eeeeeewwwww.
  • Options

It is media in terms of the dictionary definition. And only then depending on how you define the term "widely."

A blogger is not generally media in the context of being issued "media credential," unless said blogger is backed by a more well-known publication. That Zach dude from SPIN, for example.

I can give my wife Tylenol for a headache, but that doesn't make me a doctor.

As a sort of side note/tangent, not really related to this thread ... I am actually quite horrified at "the kids these days" who seem to believe that blogs are a source of legitimate news. There are some great, creative, intellectual bloggers out there ... but most of them are commenting on news that has already been broken, by "legitimate" news organizations, and not breaking the news themselves.

You don't see bloggers beating down the doors to expose corruption at city hall. We just had a big local story on a series of serious injuries at the local amusement park, that the park illegally neglected to report. Your neighborhood blogger isn't running down that story, either.

It's like a person saying, "I don't care about farmers. I buy all my food at the grocery store." Yes, but where does the food at your local A&P actually come from, doofus?

Buy a newspaper, kids. Actually, buy more than one. Give an old (32-year-old) man some hope for the future.

I think you have a vary narrow view of blogs. I visit plenty of blogs that expose corruption on many levels. In fact, I wouldn't trust any mainstream media outlet with that job. Obviously that has to do with my own political views.

Respected blogs don't have to be run by members of the media who use a blog in addition to regular print. There are many academic professionals whose work doesn't fit into the rapidly shrinking mainstream mediums and the limited scope and range those mediums offer.

I get your point in terms of the OP. I'm just hearing this movement of "blogs suck" or "blogs are run by ave. joe's that live in their parents basement". Those are out there sure, but there are plenty of quality blogs. Do we have to start listing all the mainsteam media members who really do nothing but offer up glorified Op Ed's as if it's journalism.

Final point and I'll get off it. All media should be questioned, mainstream or new. Perhaps blogs more so because of the ease one can create one, but I wouldn't discredit the medium with such broad stokes because it is the future of journalism, professional and academic writing (not necessarily blogs per say but the internet).

ps I don't run a blog
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    Get_Right wrote:

carry on

someone i know works there (got me into the MMJ taping) and they can't get me into this.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,644
    Cob wrote:
    Okay PJTEXAS, I am not trying to be negative or burst your bubble either, I to just turned 40 on June 17th, so I'm not some punk kid being negative either. But I'm just trying to fill you in on a couple of things about ACL tapings as I have been to about 5 or 6 of them and have lived in Austin for 15 years, again I am just passing on what I know to you, you can take it however you like.

First of all they do not allow ANY pictures of any kind by anybody to be taken at the ACL tapings, they have one photographer that they allow in for 2 or 3 songs to take pictures, he is the ONLY one allowed to do so, it has been like this for a long time.

Second, you do not "request" tickets to ACL tapings, they used to announce that there was a taping and you would have to go to a certain location, usually Waterloo Records and they would give away about 50 to 75 "space available" tickets. Space available tickets mean that once the "Friends of ACL" who pay thousands of dollars a year and are given 20 tickets that get them into to any ACL taping during the year are let in, THEN the people with the space available tickets are let in. To join the "Friends of ACL" currently you still have to pay I think ($2,500) and then there is STILL a waiting list for tickets that is backed up at least a year or two. Now they don't even give out the space available tickets like that anymore, they give out about 20-30 tickets on an Austin based website, you sign up and they randomly select people.

Third, I'm not beating you down here, just being honest, this quote.

<<<<They do issue press credentials for photography and newspapers for these events. By reporting on it before it is shown, builds "buzz" for the show and FREE promotion for it as well. They like that, especially for PBS. Since the inseption of the internet and the power of word of mouth, bloggers are getting respect for what they can do for a cause, celebrity or music. there was a study done last year the stated that blogs help music sales.>>>>

As I already said there are no photographs of any kind allowed and with all due respect, there ALREADY is a "buzz" all over town about this taping and do you really think that they are concerned about "FREE promotion" from a blogger, again with all due respect the Austin City Limits TV show has been around for decades, I think they can get by and that they know what they are doing at this point. I am not sure if you are aware that there is already an ACL blog, that reports on all of the tapings, along with photos from the one guy who is allowed to take them.

Forth, And last, yes they are building a new studio here in Austin for future tapings, but it had already been paid for, good luck to you on your quest to get in as I truly wish you well, I am trying my hardest with everyone I know here in Austin to try and get in, I am trying to get 2 tickets, as I said before I have been to about 5 or 6 tapings and I know a few people with inside track on tickets, they have ALL told me it's going to be REAL HARD, That being said, if I happen to get more than 2 tickets, I will honestly, no screwing around here, send you a PM on this website and gladly offer it to you, none of my friends in Austin really care for PJ and I would rather someone who actually wants to go get in.

everything you said was right except the part about giving him the extra ticket instead of me! seriously, i'll buy you a free beer inside!

after seeing how much the hatch posters go for i can only imagine what the ACL Taping poster will be worth!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.