EV Sydney 19/03/2011
EV Sydney 20/03/2011
Melbourne 24/01/2014
Sydney 26/01/2014
EV Sydney 13/02/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Ah, stupid drunken text's, don't you just love em.

I always say I am giving up the drink after a bad night, never happens though :oops:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    pjfan31 wrote:

But now I am honestly thinking of giving up the drink.

LOL!! I've said that before.....many times!

Live and learn, I guess. Most of us have had embarrassing drunken moments. I wish you luck on giving up drinking, if that's what you choose to do.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,915
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Last night I went to the football. I smuggled in a bottle of Vodka which I was going to share with this girl. She brought some drinks for herself. I had only had lunch, and amongst a couple of beers, I drink the bottle of Vodka, mostly straight, just like it was water. '

I've been shitfaced before, but this is the first time I can say that I don't remember anything. I Can't remember the footy, I don't remember getting home. Then to top it off, I find out that I sent a text to the girl telling her how I feel in some sort of mumbo jumbo. I do like her, but I knew nothing would happen so I was happy with a friendship. So now I have jeopardised the friendship, though she is being pretty cool about it, I still feel like a dick.

Then I had to work at 7 this morning. I rock up still extremely drunk. On the plus side, I did not have a hangover..... Not sure how

But now I am honestly thinking of giving up the drink. It won't happen, but man I am just so shattered with how things transpired. I'm not dirty at the alcohol, I'm dirty at myself for getting into such a mess.

Anyone given up the drink?

A Drunk Man's words are a sober man's thoughts

You're still not making sense....."I rock up"...."I'm dirty at myself"...."I can't remember the footy".....WTF, man? :mrgreen:

Yeah, I've been there too. As James McMurtry said "I probably ought to quit my drinking
    but I don`t believe I will." You'll be OK....chalk it up as a learning experience.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Ahhh BLACKING OUT! Those were good times. Or they were, for a while. If you're not hungover, rest assured, you're still kind of drunk, OR you should check your clothes for puke stains. If you didn't purge yourself of the booze somehow, hangovers are almost guaranteed after a night of drinking that hard. That being said, alcohol is pretty rough on the body. And, it takes so much WORK just to enjoy it-- swallowing down poison for a good time. It fills you up too. It's not my favorite means of experiencing life from a different angle, that's for sure ;)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Drink rum next time, it's not as harsh on the senses. Maybe also try mixing the spirits. Drinking a bottle of the strong stuff straight's not normally the wisest move.

Why did you decide to take a bottle of vodka into the game anyway? Was it to calm the nerves?
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    does it have to be...all or none?
    can you not simply alter your drinking habits and behaviors?
    limit how much, or what, kind of alcohol you consume? i don't think it has to be so extreme, giving it up entirely...unless you feel like you cannot control your drinking. that is something you may want to think about. otherwise, a bit of moderation/monitoring your consumption seems like a happy medium.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    If you are asking the question, you already know the answer.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Last night I went to the football. I smuggled in a bottle of Vodka which I was going to share with this girl. She brought some drinks for herself. I had only had lunch, and amongst a couple of beers, I drink the bottle of Vodka, mostly straight, just like it was water. '

I've been shitfaced before, but this is the first time I can say that I don't remember anything. I Can't remember the footy, I don't remember getting home. Then to top it off, I find out that I sent a text to the girl telling her how I feel in some sort of mumbo jumbo. I do like her, but I knew nothing would happen so I was happy with a friendship. So now I have jeopardised the friendship, though she is being pretty cool about it, I still feel like a dick.

Then I had to work at 7 this morning. I rock up still extremely drunk. On the plus side, I did not have a hangover..... Not sure how

But now I am honestly thinking of giving up the drink. It won't happen, but man I am just so shattered with how things transpired. I'm not dirty at the alcohol, I'm dirty at myself for getting into such a mess.

Bleh...

You got Smashed, and made an ass out of yourself....

NO BIG DEAL!!! We all have been there before...

Dont beat yourself up over it.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    imalive wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:

You're still not making sense....."I rock up"...."I'm dirty at myself"...."I can't remember the footy".....WTF, man? :mrgreen:

I just assumed that was just the australian way of saying things.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    alcohol is the devil, unless its rum :D
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    people need to add a security question to their phones so they won't drunk text.

sort of like that Mail Goggles they were coming out with so you didn't drunk e-mail.

http://www.devtopics.com/google-adds-be ... -to-email/
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    pjfan31 wrote:

But now I am honestly thinking of giving up the drink.

LOL!! I've said that before.....many times!

Live and learn, I guess. Most of us have had embarrassing drunken moments. I wish you luck on giving up drinking, if that's what you choose to do.
    ahhh...." YOU ROCK....GLAD WE"RE SITTING BEHIND YOU!!!..... 9 1/2!!!!"

yeah... we all have those moments :P :lol:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    pjfan31 wrote:

tryin to.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    pjfan31 wrote:

Gave it up over 4 years ago and haven't had a drop since. It has its ups and downs.

Like Speedy pointed out though, everyone at some point has had too much and made an ass of themselves. It's not the end of the world. Depending on your age and how much drinking xp you have, chalk it up to an embarrassing learning xp. If it's a regular thing, then you've got a problem. I'm also guessing that the real problem here is your feelings for the girl... that sort of thing causes far more ridiculous behavior than drink ever has!
  • As a great cartoon man once said---To Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    As a great cartoon man once said---To Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

Homer Simpson!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    To answer one question, I took the grog in not to calm the nerves, just to drink and to save money and save myself from lining up for beers. There were 80,000 ppl at the match so lines were massive.

Another question do I have a problem with the drink? Maybe, I do not have dependence on it, however when I drink, I drink to get drunk, however I have never ended up not remembering things like the other night, and I would say I have drunk more in a night, but I'm not sure what happened.

Another q, I have not had a hangover, I don't know why cause I was fucked.

Another point is, Yes it is my feelings toward the girl. I never put my feelings on the line unless I am certain of it. I feel like an Arse. She was cool about it, let me down softly, said that she is not ready for a relationship, but if she was she would call me... I don't know, that is unlikely. Then we exchanged a few more sms talking about things. We are even in the same course at uni, so I will feel so awkward about further contact.

And another thing, I'm 23, and I have been drinking heaps (not alcoholic dependence) but most weekends since I was 18, plus countless parties before then. As I said above, I drink to get drunk. I can't see myself giving it up, but man I feel like a goose.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So it is the "alcohol" that is stupid?? ;)

just kiddin
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    Did you go to the State of Origin?

If your a New South Welshman it's probably better that you don't remember the game. :(

On the plus side. If she still hangs around after she's seen you totally hammered you could be onto a winner there! :D
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Like Speedy pointed out though, everyone at some point has had too much and made an ass of themselves. It's not the end of the world.

One of the best sentences I've read. Life goes on, but man after my worst night of uncontrollable drinking, i thought I had blown the chance of a lifetime....but, after meeting my current girlfriend for the first time, drinking an entire bottle of crown royal to myself, openly saying a lot of foolish things to her, causing her to leave an Incubus concert early and then vomiting all over the Holiday Inn elevator she still managed to spend the night with me.

Now, I think her intentions were to make sure I didn't die in my sleep...but something must have happened in my favor, because over two years later she still puts up with my drinking shinanagins.. :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    dcfaithful wrote:
    ....but, after meeting my current girlfriend for the first time, drinking an entire bottle of crown royal to myself, openly saying a lot of foolish things to her, causing her to leave an Incubus concert early and then vomiting all over the Holiday Inn elevator she still managed to spend the night with me.

Now, I think her intentions were to make sure I didn't die in my sleep...but something must have happened in my favor, because over two years later she still puts up with my drinking shinanagins.. :oops:

she's a keeper! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Just smoke, it doesn't make you act like an asshole.
    1996: Randall's Island, NY - 2
    2003: Uniondale, NY
    2006: East Rutherford, NJ - 1
    2008: NY, NY - 2
    2009: Philadelphia, PA - 1,2,3
    2010: NY, NY - 1,2
    2013: Brooklyn, NY - 1,2
    2016: Philadelphia, PA - 2
    2016: Boston, MA - 1,2
    2016: Chicago, IL - 1

EV
    2008: NY, NY - 1,2
    2009: Albany, NY - 1
    2009: Philadelphia, PA - 2

• yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    Just smoke, it doesn't make you act like an asshole.

+1 8-)
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

But it does make you into a bore. [Nothing personal]

Seriously, most pot heads I've met are real boring, useless, and lazy. I'd rather hang out with drinkers any day.

But each to their own.
  • mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    Byrnzie wrote:

Seriously, most pot heads I've met are real boring, useless, and lazy. I'd rather hang out with drinkers any day.

But each to their own.

and of course dick ass byrnzie has something factless to say, byrnzie would rather hangout with teenagers bein the "man" of the group,
  • Byrnzie wrote:

But each to their own.

what about people like me, who smoke pot AND drink?

i did quit cigs though....6 months and counting
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Thats a mild drunken story... Im not going to share my many stories or it may inhibit you to drink more thinking it cant be that bad! Cheers! 8-)
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    pjfan31 wrote:

I was never a big drinker, but some years back I became straight edge. I like staying skinny (harder to do with alcohol), and keeping my wits about me. I don't need substances to enjoy my life. Plus, it saves money that I can use for other things.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    jimed14 wrote:
    people need to add a security question to their phones so they won't drunk text.

sort of like that Mail Goggles they were coming out with so you didn't drunk e-mail.

http://www.devtopics.com/google-adds-be ... -to-email/

haha, or maybe a breathalyzer
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    My self imposed alcohol ban did not last long. Dad retired on Friday and I had a few drinks with him, then went out last night and I did get drunk BUT..... Nothing bad to report. I even saved some old lady from getting crushed (True Story) But that is for another time my friends...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014