Options

Eddie Vedder Toronto Show

2»

Comments

• Options
    hewyhewy Posts: 140
    Those are good points..I guess they could always to a pre-10c sale in a lottery format for those "locals" then the full 10c sale...that would be a lot of work for them though...

On the other hand though, it just seems unfair that Timmy from Toronto can't get Massey Hall tickets because John the 40 year old virgin from California is flying to boston and going to the whole tour...

hey, john should be getting at LEAST that for being a 40 yr old virgin hahaha
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    the only way to prevent that is to limit shows one can buy ... which used to be the case ... you were allowed 2 tickets to only 1 show on the tour ... so, you had to choose wisely ...
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I hear ya. That definitely sucks.

Personally, given the supply and demand factors for the EV solo tickets, I think they should have limited each 10C member to 2 shows.

I would have been even less generous than you. I think they should have limited it to one pair of tickets for the solo tour. More people could have a chance that way.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Purchase protocol? Is there more to it then hitting refresh just at the right time and then clicking on the Toronto tickets icon?
    It seems to me its based more on luck, plain and simple.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Be SoundBe Sound Posts: 199
    michael777 wrote:
    I logged in to buy Eddie Vedders Toronto show in Toronto, Massey Hall on August 12th. It says Temporarily out of stock and i logged in immediately. Are there going to be more tickets for sale?

I got the same for montreal night 1, but was successful for night two. good luck
    Don't it make you smile
  • Options
    Zillah13Zillah13 Posts: 101
    See I live in Toronto but I'm not going to either T.O. shows.
    Because of work, Montreal is more convienent for me.
    So I got tickets there. I will admit, it's a bitch to buy.... but can be done.
    As for ticket limits..... for this tour, yup there should have been simply for the fact Eddie is playing smaller venues.
    Massey full only holds about 2000 people. Granted it is the best venue in this city. The acoustics in there are amazing. You will get a brilliant show.
    Man..... I wish I could put a Pearl Jam pic in here as my siggie!!!! LMFAO!!
  • Options
    blueandwhiteblueandwhite Posts: 662
    Done and done! I missed out the for the first day but this time I got through.

Thank god!
  • Options
    I got tickets for night 2, will try to get tickets for night 1 through the edge or ticketmaster, will try for chicago tomorrow.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    I have 2 tickets for the first night but only need one. However, I would love to go the 2nd night as well. Is there anyone out there who has a ticket for the 2nd night and needs one for the first? pm me if you do.

Sorry, if this is somehow confusing, English is not my first language ;)
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I was using Firefox too. I got booted around 5 minutes to 4. Luckily I noticed and logged back in.

I don't think this was a browser-specific thing. I think the goods section was booting people who had been logged in for too long and/or had already refreshed the tickets page a bunch of times.

It certainly is NOT a browser specific issue, and if it was it would be IE that has a problem since it does not confrom to web standards. The PJ store is apparently little more than php/mysql, and there is no reason for you to log out automatically, ESPECAILLY because the site uses cookies to keep you logged in - a fucking cookie doesn't delete itself like that out of nowhere unless you've told it to - or it's timed to. If you clicked remember me - then it should NEVER expire unless you delete it. I'd love to hear the technical reason for this problem.
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    nosirree

second time around I got logged out when I clicked on buy

my computer's fine

it's just the cosmos
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I think luck is only a very small part of it.
    if you log on and follow all the steps, then still get shut out, then its plan and simple bad luck or your not quick enough. I did the exact same things for night 2 and got tickets, I feel it was just plain luck.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    If anyone has an extra for night two, I can provide extreme gratefulness and face value :)
    18 years old and male
    Ben
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    A guy I work with missed out on the ticketmaster sale for the EV tix so I told him I'd keep an eye out for him...I went onto craigslist today and started looking around.

DMW's rant:

It pisses me off to no end that people now only buy tickets for the purpose of re-selling them. $600 for a pair in the second last row from the top of the building is plain stupid. Massey Hall holds somewhere around 2200 and on e-bay alone there are 47 pairs (for both nights) 172 tickets (for both nights) on Ticketsnow.com...that's already 10% of the venues seating and who knows how many tickets are on craigslist and other "sell sites"...

I was happy to see this post on craigslist:
    EDDIE VEDDER CENTRE BALCONEY row 10 Toronto tuesday - $420
    Reply to: sale-752891547@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-07-13, 12:52AM EDT
    Eddie Vedder
    Tuesday night show. Toronto august = Centre balcony row J
    $420 for two tickets awe some deal. These tickets will not last long at this price
    email or call 416-705-4464 ask for Brendon
    only the best from the best.
    Brendon

I say those of you who couldn't get tickets at least call Brendon and chew him out for being a little bastard...I fuggure enough people call him and inconvience him and maybe next time he'll think twice about flipping tickets...It's a drop in the bucket I know but if everyone treated these people like they should, there would be a lot more tickets available for people who intended to go...

:stepsdownfromsoapbox:
  • Options
    How about all of these people selling on Craigslist for more than face value?

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/search/tix?query=vedder&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I'm going to make a shirt that says "Fuck Scalpers" and wear it to the shows...
  • Options
    ...yeah I hear yah
    I missed out on the Toronto 10C pre-sale too..i got kicked out !

Then on the Friday I queueed up at tickemaster and i was 4th in the queue and also missed out !

..now i see lots of scapers selling tix...annoying

guess i should camp outside Ticketmaster next time

Slane Castle Ireland, '93
    Sydney #1,#2,#3, '06
    Toronto '09