Options

Eddie Vedder Toronto Show

CarboncitylightsCarboncitylights Posts: 10
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I logged in to buy Eddie Vedders Toronto show in Toronto, Massey Hall on August 12th. It says Temporarily out of stock and i logged in immediately. Are there going to be more tickets for sale?
Mike
www.carboncitylights.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    michael777 wrote:
    I logged in to buy Eddie Vedders Toronto show in Toronto, Massey Hall on August 12th. It says Temporarily out of stock and i logged in immediately. Are there going to be more tickets for sale?
    Same here, I doubt it though.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I was in at exactly 4 pm EST too---same result! Eddie, you've got to start playing bigger venues!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    You are pretty new to this board clearly, and thus may not realize the absolute obsession that many fans, myself included, have in regards to Pearl Jam as a whole, as well as any side projects any band members may pursue. If Eddie wants to play small venues, that's his prerogative, and considering the style of music he plays on his own, I don't think it would work out any other way. The best way to get 10C tickets is to be there a few minutes before, as the time they use may deviate from the time which you have on your computer, and refresh. A lot. Good luck for night two!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    benjs wrote:
    You are pretty new to this board clearly, and thus may not realize the absolute obsession that many fans, myself included, have in regards to Pearl Jam as a whole, as well as any side projects any band members may pursue. If Eddie wants to play small venues, that's his prerogative, and considering the style of music he plays on his own, I don't think it would work out any other way. The best way to get 10C tickets is to be there a few minutes before, as the time they use may deviate from the time which you have on your computer, and refresh. A lot. Good luck for night two!

Good advice and I applaud you're help, but its not working. Lottery for local fans needed! I guess its the computer age, but it just doesn't work for those of us who can't afford more than lower speed connections. period. So it goes...
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I feel sorry for any Ten Club ticket rookies trying for these tickets cause, unless you've been through this before, your chances are pretty slim.

i guess the system intangibly favors seniority,
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    i guess the system intangibly favors seniority,

How so?
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    How so?

i was responding to beerbaron's post, in which he stated the slim chances of new members being able to secure tickets based on their limited experience with the purchase protocol
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    McJuicy wrote:
    i was responding to beerbaron's post, in which he stated the slim chances of new members being able to secure tickets based on their limited experience with the purchase protocol

Purchase protocol? Is there more to it then hitting refresh just at the right time and then clicking on the Toronto tickets icon?
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,694
    on right @ 4 and shut out...dammit I'm so slow
  • Options
    vic in T.O.vic in T.O. Posts: 385
    well,i dont know what kind of bullshit happened to me but i was in at 3:59 refreshing,clicked the buy button and it logged me out...logged back in and they were gone...thanks a fuckin lot!@!@!! ive been trying for the last 45 mins,the buy button came up a few times but it said it could not be added to my cart because they temp out of stock!!!!!
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    well,i dont know what kind of bullshit happened to me but i was in at 3:59 refreshing,clicked the buy button and it logged me out...logged back in and they were gone...thanks a fuckin lot!@!@!! ive been trying for the last 45 mins,the buy button came up a few times but it said it could not be added to my cart because they temp out of stock!!!!!

exactly the same as me...no clue why it logged me out
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I'm going to try ticketmaster when they go on sale, but it's usually the same story there. Sold in an instant. It's sad because it's the only show I'd able to get to.

:(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    pjjaxpjjax Posts: 23
    Red Lukin wrote:
    exactly the same as me...no clue why it logged me out

Hey that happened to me too! and I made sure I was logged in prior to trying. That probably screwed up my first chances.
  • Options
    My order has been confirmed by e-mail but not processed...It has been an hour...anybody else?
    I am getting nervous.
  • Options
    pjjax wrote:
    Hey that happened to me too! and I made sure I was logged in prior to trying. That probably screwed up my first chances.

were you guys using internet explorer or firefox?
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    My order has been confirmed by e-mail but not processed...It has been an hour...anybody else?
    I am getting nervous.

you won't get a processed email. for tickets, it's a different process. they don't ship the tickets to you.
  • Options
    were you guys using internet explorer or firefox?

I was using firefox. Do you get booted out after you've been logged in for so long? Cuz that has never happened to me before.
  • Options
    pjjax wrote:
    I was using firefox. Do you get booted out after you've been logged in for so long? Cuz that has never happened to me before.

i was using firefox as well......im not sure about the logging out thing....damnm!!
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    welcome to the shit-outta-luck line!

i knew it was gonna be a tough ticket but holy shit. Thank god i got my montreal tickets...cool but an extra 5 hour drive!

Good luck at 6 p.m. EDT
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I was using Firefox too. I got booted around 5 minutes to 4. Luckily I noticed and logged back in.

I don't think this was a browser-specific thing. I think the goods section was booting people who had been logged in for too long and/or had already refreshed the tickets page a bunch of times.

Thanks Baron,ill keep that in mind for 6:00
    8/18/93-Toronto
    9/21/96-T.O
    10/1/96- Buff.
    8/22/98-Barrie
    10/5/00-T.O
    5/2/03-Buff.
    6/28/03-T.O.
    6/29/03-MTL.
    9/28/04-Bos.
    9/11/05-Kitchener
    9/12/05-London
    9/13/05-Hamilton
    9/19/05-T.O.
    5/9/06-T.O.
    5/10/06-T.O.
    E.V 08/12&13-MASSEY!!
  • Options
    given2fallgiven2fall Posts: 98
    Check your cart!
    The same thing happened to me and I realized 50 min later that they were actually in my cart after all.

"It was Luke's fault" (Ed after stumbling on Soon Forget at Kitchener '05)
  • Options
    spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446
    pjjax wrote:

Same here - I KNOW I was logged in. Hit BUY at 4pm and I had to signin again. I use IE. Got the BUY button 7-8 times, no luck in getting in though.

Oh well -I know to watch for that now for night two.

There's always ticketmaster
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • Options
    Thanks Baron,ill keep that in mind for 6:00

Thanks, hopefully that doesn't happen again. Here's looking at round 2!
  • Options
    hewyhewy Posts: 140
    given2fall wrote:
    Check your cart!
    The same thing happened to me and I realized 50 min later that they were actually in my cart after all.

oh my god, my hopes just soared for a minute there!!

...but still nothing...man... :)
  • Options
    given2fallgiven2fall Posts: 98
    That sucks.
    Sorry to hear that guys. Keep it in mind for next time, though.

"It was Luke's fault" (Ed after stumbling on Soon Forget at Kitchener '05)
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I was using Firefox too. I got booted around 5 minutes to 4. Luckily I noticed and logged back in.

I don't think this was a browser-specific thing. I think the goods section was booting people who had been logged in for too long and/or had already refreshed the tickets page a bunch of times.

That happened to us too. We noticed and logged back in.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    BeerBaron wrote:
    ...a lottery for local fans is a terrible idea for numerous reasons.

Can you explain why? I think it would be a great idea...
  • Options
    gotchagotcha Posts: 56
    I missed out on show 1. Got the buy button about 6 times though. How frustrating....all I have now is tendonitis in my left arm to show for my effort!. Good luck to me at 6:00 and to everyone else who missed out. Mostly good luck to the locals :)
    "uncanny and immutable"
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    the edge has a presale on Thursday at 10am

go to the edge102 toronto and sign up for the inside edge and you'll get the details etc
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Those are good points..I guess they could always to a pre-10c sale in a lottery format for those "locals" then the full 10c sale...that would be a lot of work for them though...

On the other hand though, it just seems unfair that Timmy from Toronto can't get Massey Hall tickets because John the 40 year old virgin from California is flying to boston and going to the whole tour...