Options

Audience behavior at EV shows.... what do you think?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    BH22295 wrote:
    I would rather hang out with the drunken, loud, obnoxious frat boys....

than hang out with people who are telling me how to behave at a concert.

Respectfully Speedy, couldn't disagree more. It's frankly just not cool to yell out shit and ruin the experiences of others. Doesn't mean you can't yell "Soon Forget" thirteen times even after EV said he's made up his set list with a caligraphy pen and he ain't takin requests.... It simply means that you're acting like a douche and everyone around you wishes you'd simply shut the fuck up.
    I hear ya...

and I still say I would rather hang out with the guy who is having a few beers, enjoying himself at a show, and screaming out a few requests....

than hang out with the person who is telling people to behave and shut up at a concert....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 134
    BH22295 wrote:
    I would rather hang out with the drunken, loud, obnoxious frat boys....

than hang out with people who are telling me how to behave at a concert.

Respectfully Speedy, couldn't disagree more. It's frankly just not cool to yell out shit and ruin the experiences of others. Doesn't mean you can't yell "Soon Forget" thirteen times even after EV said he's made up his set list with a caligraphy pen and he ain't takin requests.... It simply means that you're acting like a douche and everyone around you wishes you'd simply shut the fuck up.
    I hear ya...

and I still say I would rather hang out with the guy who is having a few beers, enjoying himself at a show, and screaming out a few requests....

than hang out with the person who is telling people to behave and shut up at a concert....

First, I should apologize for using poor language. Doesnt' help my campaign for a respectful crowd.
    I should remember my mom told me long ago that profanity is a crutch for an idiot.

For the record, I don't mind someone that yells out a request if the mood and environment is right... at the EV solo shows, it is very clear that Ed doesn't care for it. Discourages it explicitly... to the point where you can tell he's getting pissed off. Tonight's "Freebird" example was at least funny. Still, he made a point to everyone tonight that he thoughtfully made up a set list... and wasn't taking requests. That should have been enough for people to settle in, channel the Ryman's historic vibe, and enjoy the show.

I'm all for having a good time. Can't NOT have a good time in Nashville, hitting the honky tonk bars and putting down a few (or several). I'm not trying to be all holier-than-thou... don't care for the snoots either, but it's far worse IMO to have the guy that can't realize he's selfishly pissing off everyone around him.

Enough from me... peace. Here's to a good show Thursday.

B