Options

eddie vedder secret show nyc tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    Photo posted!!

Any idea who the guitar playing is?

I'll answer my own questions....John Doe. =====fake

Yeah, I don't know why he bothered posting a photo, shoulda just said he couldn't take one.

Anyway, my friend in NY is happy this isn't happening, she was going nuts thinking she was missing it!
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    benjs wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    I wish he would do one in seattle.
    PJ_kidd - did you see him last West Coast leg at all?
    no cuz the show in seattle was secret so i did not hear about it. and I coudln't travel to califronia my parents wouldnt let me

i even tried to get them to let me go to hawaii to see his solo show this leg but they said no :(
    i've never even see a pj show, my parents didnt lt me go to shows when i was younger, but now that im 16 ima go to all the pj seattle shows this year.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    no cuz the show in seattle was secret so i did not hear about it. and I coudln't travel to califronia my parents wouldnt let me

i even tried to get them to let me go to hawaii to see his solo show this leg but they said no :(
    i've never even see a pj show, my parents didnt lt me go to shows when i was younger, but now that im 16 ima go to all the pj seattle shows this year.

Hopefully they'll play in Seattle in the fall, so you can catch them for the first time. People are very cool at the shows (in general). You'll have a great time, if there's a show (or two).
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Nice man. Don't worry - I'm nineteen and fought (and lost) for the Chicago shows ultimately - and that's only six hours away. And two years ago I wasn't allowed to see more than one of the two Toronto shows (my hometown). I don't know if this would work on your parents, but for me, I find it helps to present them with a full, thought-out plan, with prices, places to stay, even things to do, etc. Have you seen PJ at all yet then!?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Nice man. Don't worry - I'm nineteen and fought (and lost) for the Chicago shows ultimately - and that's only six hours away. And two years ago I wasn't allowed to see more than one of the two Toronto shows (my hometown). I don't know if this would work on your parents, but for me, I find it helps to present them with a full, thought-out plan, with prices, places to stay, even things to do, etc. Have you seen PJ at all yet then!?
    Why coud;nt you see both toronto shows??
    No i've never seen them.
    Last time they played here I was 13, and it was at the gorge, and my parents didnt want me at a concert cuz they said concerts are dangerous :evil: i wanna go to a show sooo bad!
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    No i've never seen them.
    Last time they played here I was 13, and it was at the gorge, and my parents didnt want me at a concert cuz they said concerts are dangerous :evil: i wanna go to a show sooo bad!
    The juice is worth the squeeze :lol:
    And my parents don't understand the idea of seeing the same artist twice - let alone twice in a row. Oh well - I'm pretty fortunate at the same time... thanks to some friends allowing me to stay with them on Long Island, my parents let me go to NYC for the shows there last year for a grad trip, so ultimately, they're pretty cool folks. They're also getting more understanding of my obsession to this band, slowly but surely. I think originally they thought if they didn't support it, it would die out. Yeah, right!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    No i've never seen them.

At one of the SF 06 shows I was standing next to boy and girl who where probably about 11-14 years old and people all around them made sure they were ok throughout the show and this was at a general admission show. Just tell your parents that PJ fans look out for one another.
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    No i've never seen them.
    The juice is worth the squeeze :lol:
    And my parents don't understand the idea of seeing the same artist twice - let alone twice in a row. Oh well - I'm pretty fortunate at the same time... thanks to some friends allowing me to stay with them on Long Island, my parents let me go to NYC for the shows there last year for a grad trip, so ultimately, they're pretty cool folks. They're also getting more understanding of my obsession to this band, slowly but surely. I think originally they thought if they didn't support it, it would die out. Yeah, right!

Hahah. Well my parentsa re big PJ fans they were into the grunge movment in the 90s (since we live and still doin seattle)
    They saw al ot of nirvana and pj back in the day.
    But they wouldn't llet me go to green river so they said they'd let me go to all the pj shows in seattle =D
    And my grandma said shed pay for one of the shows =D i really hope those rumored seattle shows come true i would be sooooo happy. I watched the garden dvd last night and it got me so pumped up just watching the dvd i bet a show will be mind blowing.
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    No i've never seen them.

At one of the SF 06 shows I was standing next to boy and girl who where probably about 11-14 years old and people all around them made sure they were ok throughout the show and this was at a general admission show. Just tell your parents that PJ fans look out for one another.
    That's what I tried explaining mine when trying to arrange plans for the Chicago trip. It's aggravating as a kid liking this band, which I'm sure any youth here can sympathize with - it's nearly impossible to find someone my age who listens to them - let alone is rabid about them. Makes traveling a bit difficult, especially when you don't know anyone in the city. I was going to do the Priceline thing at the Hyatt Regency with the 120 odd PJ fans that will be there, and tried to explain how supportive and generous and caring this community is - no dice. I'm Jewish - for anyone else here with Jewish parents, you understand why that's relevent. :lol:

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    That's what I tried explaining mine when trying to arrange plans for the Chicago trip. It's aggravating as a kid liking this band, which I'm sure any youth here can sympathize with - it's nearly impossible to find someone my age who listens to them - let alone is rabid about them. Makes traveling a bit difficult, especially when you don't know anyone in the city. I was going to do the Priceline thing at the Hyatt Regency with the 120 odd PJ fans that will be there, and tried to explain how supportive and generous and caring this community is - no dice. I'm Jewish - for anyone else here with Jewish parents, you understand why that's relevent. :lol:

I can understand about how parents can be that way. Mine weren't much different back in the day.
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Hahah. Well my parentsa re big PJ fans they were into the grunge movment in the 90s (since we live and still doin seattle)
    But they wouldn't llet me go to green river so they said they'd let me go to all the pj shows in seattle =D
    And my grandma said shed pay for one of the shows =D i really hope those rumored seattle shows come true i would be sooooo happy. I watched the garden dvd last night and it got me so pumped up just watching the dvd i bet a show will be mind blowing.
    That's pretty cool. My dad used to say he liked Pearl Jam's sound, but couldn't stand Eddie Vedder's voice. Then I took him to see EV at Massey Hall - now he says he hates Pearl Jam, but loves Eddie Vedder, and is even taking me on Monday to see him in Albany! So, ultimately, you win some, you lose some.

EV
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    That's pretty cool. My dad used to say he liked Pearl Jam's sound, but couldn't stand Eddie Vedder's voice. Then I took him to see EV at Massey Hall - now he says he hates Pearl Jam, but loves Eddie Vedder, and is even taking me on Monday to see him in Albany! So, ultimately, you win some, you lose some.
    awh man im so jealous ! TELl me how it is! I mean of course its gonna be amazing. but still.. haha.
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    awh man im so jealous ! TELl me how it is! I mean of course its gonna be amazing. but still.. haha.
    Your time will come... Namely when I'm shitting bricks reading about the setlists you guys are going to get in these Fall Seattle shows! :lol:

EV
  • Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    When i was 16 in 2000, my dad took me to the va beach, charlotte, and greensboro shows from New jersey. Great times and a great trip. Unfortunately his last show was MSG in 2003, and hasnt really listened much since.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Photo posted!!
    That posted photo looks similar to this one:
    http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0021 ... 9309_l.jpg
    Could be that Ed and John don't have much of a wardrobe.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    it was busted on RM soon after they posted that pic last night. have to wait until tomorrow!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    makikatmakikat Posts: 29
    Don't know if this means anything but EJ Barnes posted this on twitter last night:

ejie - subway theatre and joan as police woman...

Joan as Police Woman played the Stone in NYC last night.