Options

Ohio Jammers

PearlJamInMySoulPearlJamInMySoul Posts: 10
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Ok, I'm sick of not actually being able to talk to & hang out in person with someone who actually loves Pearl Jam like I do so I'm doing a search for a "Local Jammer" to buddy up with. Please....tell me your name & where you're from in Ohio. Maybe the distance isn't too far.....

Me first....Toni-Shelby, Ohio

(married btw so.... )
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I actually drove by Shelby today on my home from Indiana. I'm Dan I'm from Stow
  • Options
    lostdogs77lostdogs77 Posts: 93
    Yeah I don't think Pearl Jam's core following is Ohio based. I have only met a small number
    of people in Ohio that know much of anything about PJ.

Mark-Dayton area
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Ok, I'm sick of not actually being able to talk to & hang out in person with someone who actually loves Pearl Jam like I do so I'm doing a search for a "Local Jammer" to buddy up with. Please....tell me your name & where you're from in Ohio. Maybe the distance isn't too far.....

Conor, currently Toledo, come fall will be Cleveland.

Where is Shelby?
  • Options

Where is Shelby?

Near the Mansfield & Ontario area.
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    Randy- cincinnati
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Cool, good to know there are others in this blessed state that actually know what real music is! I was starting to feel like I was the only one. :D
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:

Where's Stow?
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Despite my name, I only spent 4 years in C-bus. (back home in Chicago now) PJ has about the same amount of fans per capita in OH then in Chicago. Good luck with finding some fellow Ohio Jammers.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    JB176657JB176657 Posts: 51
    Newark over here....there are more than a few of us in this neck of the woods!
    Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, VIC 07, Philly night 4 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Pitt 13, Charlottesville 13, Cincinnati 14, St. Louis 14
  • Options
    PJBuckeye wrote:
    Despite my name, I only spent 4 years in C-bus. (back home in Chicago now) PJ has about the same amount of fans per capita in OH then in Chicago. Good luck with finding some fellow Ohio Jammers.

Oh it feels like that all too well! Sucks, this state needs to get with it or some Jammers gotta move here.
  • Options
    elninoelnino Posts: 28
    Add me onto the list of Ohio PJ fans. I live in the Akron area. Surprised to see someone else from Shelby, one of my friends grew up there. Good chili cookoff in the summer out that way.

Brandon
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208

Where is Shelby?

Near the Mansfield & Ontario area.

I vaguely know where that is.

So when are we having a state PJ convention?
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Gary from Bedford, 8 miles S.E. of Cleve
    land. :mrgreen: Large P.J collection, started "91" :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Mary Beth
    Cincinnati
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Oxford, OH. First PJ show for me was back in 1992 at Lolla Cincinnati. How fucking cool is it to see PJ, Soundgarden, Ministry and the Chili Peppers all in one day! I swear that day changed my life!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    beth lives in Brecksville (10 miles south of Cleveland)

i will gladly host some kinda jammer get together...but only if Conor comes ;)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    i'm rotting at ohio state.
  • Options
    CG49089CG49089 Posts: 109
    how old are you Ohio guys? out of curiosity?

I'm Chris from Cleveland suburbs... Olmsted Falls most recently (currently in SF Bay area however)

I'm 26... I feel like I'm on the younger side of the PJ fan bell curve....seeing as I was 10 years old in '92. My older brother introduced me to Ten... and then bought Vs. for me because I expressed interest I guess... the rest is history... my brother, however has since run the gamut from rap to country.... I however, just got sucked deeper and deeper into Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    toledo jamtoledo jam Posts: 20
    My Name Says it All! :D
  • Options
    yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313

(married btw so.... )

Kevin - Lima, Ohio

My sister lives in Galion, which is close to Shelby no? Originally from Michigan though so GO BLUE!
  • Options
    osu23jasonosu23jason Posts: 12
    Jason - Columbus
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    CG49089 wrote:
    how old are you Ohio guys? out of curiosity?

I'm Chris from Cleveland suburbs... Olmsted Falls most recently (currently in SF Bay area however)

I'm 26... I feel like I'm on the younger side of the PJ fan bell curve....seeing as I was 10 years old in '92. My older brother introduced me to Ten... and then bought Vs. for me because I expressed interest I guess... the rest is history... my brother, however has since run the gamut from rap to country.... I however, just got sucked deeper and deeper into Pearl Jam.

Westlake!! Cleveland area basically. I'm 20, also on the younger side of the PJ fan base. My cousin bought me vs. during christmas when I was 11 or 12, and it's been PJ rockin' ever since then.

Also, while I do come from the Cleveland area, I am going to THE Ohio State University, Columbus (Main) Campus
  • Options

I'm at OSU also. Nice.
  • Options

(married btw so.... )

hahaha, had to throw in that little "married" thing to discourage all the guys from the one woman in ohio who likes Pearl Jam, huh. Funny, though :lol::lol:
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

Why are you rotting at THE Ohio State University??? I'm from Columbus, GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Jamie
    Columbus
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    75% of the PJ shows I have seen have been in Ohio.
  • Options
    WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    From Cincinnati Here - Go Bearcats!!!

Anyone heading to the Nashville show in a couple weeks?
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    thunderDAN wrote:

Where's Stow?

it's like north of Akron. I'm in between Stow and C-Falls. You know where Blossom Music Center is? That is basically my back yard
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    thunderDAN wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

Where's Stow?

it's like north of Akron. I'm in between Stow and C-Falls. You know where Blossom Music Center is? That is basically my back yard

Your backyard is HUGE!!! haha!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"