Options

*** Amsterdam 1 Fanviews Here 6/26/12 ***

Comments

• Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Wow, amazing setlist! I bet Mr MrCready was on fire.
    Lucky Amsterdam. :D
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Mike was on fire during Even Flow, but hey isn't he always. Might one of the best EF ever heard live...

He was struggling during the beg of the solo in Black even saying F*ck to the crew and shaking his head...

Great show, great crowd and AMAZING sound..
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    :-o Insane setlist, roll on Berlin
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SHOW!!!!

The set list was brilliant. The energy was incredible and the band really seemed to be enjoying themselves. I may be bias as all I wished for the two shows I saw on this tour was ' Brain of J' and 'Comatose'. I have never seen them performed live and totally flipped when I heard them coming on. I can leave back for NYC now and not feeling sad for missing night 2 ( I say that now). Will see them again in Philly in September.

Here are two videos from last night's performance:

Indifference
    http://youtu.be/FdorYuU4X0s

The Kinks' Better Things Cover

http://youtu.be/TarB5qxs5Ps

These guys are just remarkable!!!
  • Options
    IGotShit76IGotShit76 Posts: 768
    Brilliant show. I finally got to hear Brain of J live. It was also great that they finish with Indifference.
    I had seated ticket completely at the back of the venue. Tonight I'm standing ... which is much better :D
    Gotta go queuing in a few hours ...
    By the way, the new venue is great !
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Amazing show, amazing band, amazing crowd in an amazing venue.

Loved it yesterday, will even love it more after tonight.
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    egiegi Posts: 22
    What a day, meet a lot of people from Brazil and NY.
    Amazing setlist, Band was on fire, one moment i thought Eddie will make a stagedive....

Tonight we have a wristband, how nice is that.

See you all

nice pic's in the morning paper

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/2831/showbizz/photoalbum/detail/3277457/358208/1/Pearl-Jam-in-Ziggo-Dome.dhtml
  • Options
    egiegi Posts: 22
    Is it true that the wristband is only for early entry?
    And not for entrance towards the pitt?

The only purpose for the wristband is early entry access.  If you arrive to the venue after the public doors open you do not need to collect the wristband as it no longer has a purpose.  You may simply enter with just your ticket.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    amazing show, amazing crowd and amazing venue.
    Lets see if they can top it tonight! it will take some beating, but i think it can be done!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    rival_AK71rival_AK71 Posts: 33
    Lastnight outstanding... Great fun kinks tribute for the kids, Comatose ripped the 2nd encore wide open and the crowd definitely knew it... though overall the Dutch crowd seemed to have pretty subdued energy, i felt much bouncier than those around me. Talked to some great people in the crowd though.

Could anyone please email me if you have an extra wristband for tonight!!! Love reign oér me baby!

Bruce
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Epic show. Just blown away by it all again. These guys just get better and better. Im just speachless and since i woke up just thinking what the hell can top last night? What to expect tonight? Just insane!

When Brain of J. started i knew that there is something in the air, somthing special coming tonight.

They brought it. Big time... Brain of J., In Hidding, Rats, Smile, Indifference ... ? wtf ? :o
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    European 10c general admission rules....best time ever at arena show...much worth the thousand spend to get here :lol::lol: got second row at the rail with a shorter girl than my self right in front of me....so unoffically first at the rail.
    The pit was on fire.....Rock in the Free world got the whole arena on fire...and Eddie didn't wanta leave the stage...as usual :lol::lol:
    Shout out to my home girl PJArtist :D:D:D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    Cool of Mike to pull out Cameron Jr from the back during RITFW (who had taken over his guitar while Mike played tambourine)...

Just one quick note:

Enough with the flags alright? You know, they know and we know that you came from some obscure country to be at the show.

Stop blocking the view! ;)
  • Options
    Opening three songs were identical to the first three in Lima. My first concert ever outside the Netherlands. Brought so many memories back to that crazy concert. And then Last Kiss I heard first in Peru en Amongst the waves that after that show became a soundtrack to my six month trip through South America. Made me all so happy! And yes, the Dutch are a bit different from Peruvians but where I was standing the energy definitely was there :)

So, like always, a concert of Pearl Jam is a trip down memory lane. Memories of earlier concerts. Memories of moments of your life with PJ as its soundtrack.

But new memories were made as well. First time having early entry as part of the Tenclubcommunity. What a warm family it is! Was amazed how many people were there with there green wristbands (not only for early entry, but also for first section) and how positive the vibe was. Never was this close to Eddie, not being a pit-person. He put so much energy in the crowd and think he got triple that amount back.

Loved all the little twists of the setlist. Thought the second encore was the best ever. Rockin in the free world feels a bit worn out when I listen to it on bootlegs, but really caught me this time. And Indifference was just the best gift: After curfew with the lights on. (Made me remember Amsterdam 1996 when they put the very bright lights on to make Pearl Jam stop).

The little episode about all their kids being there was touching. Thought I saw one of their sons (? Mike's?) on stage during Rockin in the free world, playing guitar? Have no clue wether that is possible or not? Was touched as well by three young kids dancing the night away in terrible seats, behind the podium. Made me realize how for new kids Pearl Jam will still be the soundtrack to growing old.

Guy that filmed almost the whole set: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU ... ature=plcp
    Pinkpop 92 - Amsterdam 96 - Arnhem 2006 - Nijmegen 2007 - Rotterdam 2009- Nijmegen 2010 - Lima 2011 - Amsterdam I 2012 - Amsterdam II 2012
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Anglais wrote:
    Brain Of J................... AWESOME :D

I have been to eleven shows and STILL not heard this!! :o :evil: :cry:
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    pac wrote:
    Brain of j, In hiding, Smile... was waiting and whishing for these in Manchester as well. :cry::cry::cry:

Ditto.
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    egi wrote:
    Is it true that the wristband is only for early entry?
    And not for entrance towards the pitt?

The only purpose for the wristband is early entry access.  If you arrive to the venue after the public doors open you do not need to collect the wristband as it no longer has a purpose.  You may simply enter with just your ticket.

Not necessarily. There was a sectioned off area on the floor that you could only get to if you had a wristband. So if you got in early you could leave to get a beer or whatever and return to the inner section. Some people came quite late and still got very close because they had wristbands. It is very worth coming early as the crowd close to the stage was awesome. Great energy. And despite the no cowd surfing signs we still managed to have at least one crowd surfer. What a show.
  • Options
    MurielMuriel Posts: 27
    Fan since a long time, fanclub member just for 3 years or so, not much of a "poster" but do read a lot of stuff and yesterday evenening first time with early entry en fellow TenC members!

What an amazing night! Great band, awesome setlist, super crowd in a perfect venue!

Was there with my brother and he met up with a friend (Portuguese) with again 2 friends ans was great experiencing this with them. Won't be there tonight, but still have one more go on Werchter this Friday (and then Ed solo in Amsterdam in July).

For everyones who's going tonight or some other gig during this tour: ENJOY!!!

Muriel
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    I AM MINE
  • Options
    MurielMuriel Posts: 27
    Oh, and can I make a request for Friday as it is my 10th wedding aniversary (although my husband Johan won't be there :( He has an examm for business school on Saturday so can't join me, but loves me enough to let me go see my favourite band with my brother on our aniversary) ?????

Not my favorite song, but Just Breathe for our 10 wedding aniversary feels appropriate :D
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    I AM MINE
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    alesek wrote:
    Epic show. Just blown away by it all again. These guys just get better and better. Im just speachless and since i woke up just thinking what the hell can top last night? What to expect tonight? Just insane!

When Brain of J. started i knew that there is something in the air, somthing special coming tonight.

They brought it. Big time... Brain of J., In Hidding, Rats, Smile, Indifference ... ? wtf ? :o

After the gigs in manchester I though that they wouldn't be able to top them on the rest of the tour, sure I was wrong, what a set list. Lucky the one who were on the show, have fun the ones who are going tonight
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    DF203024DF203024 Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Can you get into the front area with early entry wristband if you arrive after general entry?
    I won't be able to get to the arena before 6.

Cheers,
    Daniel
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    Olivavu wrote:
    pac wrote:
    Brain of j, In hiding, Smile... was waiting and whishing for these in Manchester as well. :cry::cry::cry:

Ditto.

I have been to 10 shows and I have seen Brain Of J., Alone, Undone, Oceans, Mankind, Brother and Leatherman... but I have NEVER seen Rats or In Hiding!!

This setlist was very cool!!! Hoping tonight is longer and stronger!
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    DF203024 wrote:
    Hi,
    Can you get into the front area with early entry wristband if you arrive after general entry?
    I won't be able to get to the arena before 6.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Yes
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    btw..how funny was when Ed talked about their kids,and said there are all here..7-8 ,all of them..
    and Mike turn and said..fuck..howe many we have in total?? :lol::lol::lol:

and im happy,cos my brother Christoph...got In Hiding Finaly!! :D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CloggyCloggy Posts: 47
    I keep thinking "wow, heard this one too". It was an absolutely amazing night and I'm almost wondering if I really should go again tonight. :?
    This show was very hard to top!

But I can't wait :lol:
  • Options
    TigaSefiTigaSefi Posts: 278
    Finally got home to London after being awake 24 hours and had a good sleep. I think I was really lucky to catch this gig full of songs that are rarely played. Hope tonight is just as good. :D
    London 02 18/09/2009 London Hyde Park 25/06/2010 Arras 03/07/2010 Werchter 04/07/2010 Manchester 21/06/2012 Amsterdam 26/06/2012 Stockholm 07/07/2012 Portland 29/11/2013 Spokane 30/11/2013 Amsterdam 16/06/14 Leeds 08/07/14 London 02 Arena 18/06/2018 London 02 Arena 17/07/2018 London Hyde Park 08/07/2022 London Hyde Park 09/07/2022
  • Options
    TBibbyTBibby Posts: 393
    First I was like; DAMN; is it over already? They played too short!

Then I read the setlist... And realised... Fuck! Was i a part of THAT!?! :D

Best. Setlist. Ever. Of all time. :D

His Dutch was pretty good btw!

We had pretty decent seats right in front of the drums... Only crappy part was we had some morons behind us who kept throwing beer to the groundfloor... :nono:
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 311
    edited June 2012
    already back ... 2 hours of sleep ... Ooch ...

huge ....

Devil Doll with vedder as guest with X to finish their set .... was very nice .... X-band is extraterrestrial ... too funny! ... and pretty good!

very nice setlist, I was afraid it was a best of, and not ... today it promises to be even bigger ... yesterday exclusivity of better things, I really like it, and I like that ... lot of rarities, Brain of J, huge ... In hidding, excellent ... green disease, very very good live .... rats ... awesome ... and smile!! No more a fan of Last Kiss, just breathe and small town, and It will be perfect (replace long road, immortality or of the girl) with a different opener, not a fan of interstellar, but something like Long Road yes ... yesterday, a lot of yield, not binaural, full of good recovery among the best, "reign" and "rockin' "!! ... 2 best of Backspacer, Amongst the Waves and Unthought Known .... beautiful setlist and show !
    We was on the 10 rank in front of Eddie, ... with a french flag !
    crazy tour ... crazy band ... I love it !!!!!!

To see, after digestion, but I think it comes for me just right after Marseille .... ah Marseille!!

THANKS PEARL JAM

PS: THX FOR MY BIRTHDAY, NOT STRANGEST TRIBE, BUT IT'S OK !!!!!! I'M HAPPY "AND" I CRYING, I CAN'T WAIT NEXT ... ARRAS, STOCKHOLM, OSLO, COPENHAGUE!!!!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=178873#p4128754
    Post edited by yoyo on
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    gunter1976gunter1976 Posts: 587
    Best set list of the Euro 2012 tour so far in my humble opinion! I will be looking forward to that boot.

But I rest assured that the band will top this list at Werchter or atleast in Berlin (first night)! :D
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    I was there as well yesterday. It was my first full PJ concert (the second time I saw them, the first one was at the Rockin`Park festival 2 years ago so not a PJ-only show)
    I thought it was a BRILLIANT show yesterday. Enjoyed it from the first second to the last. Eddie`s Dutch was pretty good :lol: and the set list was amazing!!
    Unthought Known was excellent and Just Breathe was beautiful but my personal highlight was that they played Black!!!That`s my favorite song of all time so I was really hoping that they`d play that. It gave me goose bumps all over and loved the crowd going along with it. I made a video (not that great video quality but the sound is good) wich I will upload and post here later.

Too bad they didn`t do Betterman though, wich I love. Hope they`ll do that friday :D
    Got myself the poster and the red "event t-shirt" as well. So all in all it was a great evening, excellent show.
    Looking forward to the Rock Werchter show on friday. :D:D:D