Options

The Stuffed Animal at Wembley

cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
edited June 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Some of you might have noticed that there was a stuffed animal thrown on stage to Ed. And some of you might have seen that he tried to do...

Anyways, I was the girl who caught his attention during Mikes Crazy Mary solo.
Ed went on Mikes side when Mike came all the way to Boom. After I saw Ed having a smoke right in front of me, I knew I had the chance to give him that little stuffed animal I had for him/them. I wrote CROATIA LOVES YOU on its belly and (I'm) IN HIDING in the back, also ZAGREB REMEMBERS on its foreamrs.
Anyways, it was just like a little kid made it, a real kindergarten teacher
creation :D
So I wave at him, he sees me, comes over to the stage and nods to throw him the animal. I do it and he grabs it...tries to put it in his pants! White pants!!! haha, Steph and I just looked at each other and laughed. Then when the thing didnt fit in his pants :eek: :D He puts it on the speaker, still having a smoke and then he looks at it, reads what it says...im at this point still staring at him, no clue whats going on on Booms side (him and Mike soloing, haha). Ok, Ed looks at the animal, reads and looks over at me, says, I read it from his lips: oh; Croatia! With his ED look on his face and smiles, makes a fist and tappes his heart. I was in heaven! :) he totally remembers Zagreb and the amazing show they did there. :o
In Munich my Croatian friends had a sign ZAGREB REMEMBERS, a twin to the one they made last year for Vienna, ZAGREB AWAITS. Eddie totally saw it during ALive in Munich, read it and aknowledged my saying: I remember too!

I was just going to share you one of my awesome Wembley stories and ask if anyone maybe took a picture when he grabbed the stuffed animal, or even better, when he tried to shove it down his pants. Or maybe a video or something. I know its probably a long shot cause most of you were looking at Mike and Boom when this occured, but I know some ppl have seen it and thought it was hilarious, which it was.
Id be very very thankful if anyone can help me out.

I will share my Mike story later *smiles*
"I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    How could anyone not love Zagreb, beautiful home of many nice people? :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    cropdustress, what a fantastic story, you lucky thing! I totally missed that moment, obviously rocking out too much so I'd love to see it if anyone captured it...
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    cropdustress, what a fantastic story, you lucky thing! I totally missed that moment, obviously rocking out too much so I'd love to see it if anyone captured it...
    Thanks. :) I was in heaven. The look he gave me and the handfist tap was so sincere and pure :o I'll never ever forget that moment. :)
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    How could anyone not love Zagreb, beautiful home of many nice people? :)

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Thanks, Mirella :) I know now Ed and the boys really love us.
    he totally proved it in many different occasions.
  • Options
    Thanks. :) I was in heaven. The look he gave me and the handfist tap was so sincere and pure :o I'll never ever forget that moment. :)

I know, I half-got a wave off him in Dublin last year and it still brings a smile to my face thinking about it!
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147

That was a GREAT MOMENT!
    I saw it all - I was totally watching Ed that whole time...

When he tapped his fist over his heart, I remember thinking WOW - I wonder who he's looking at right now, they're REALLY lucky!

And it was YOU!!
    That was a really sincere, special acknowledgment from him.
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    That was a GREAT MOMENT!
    I saw it all - I was totally watching Ed that whole time...

When he tapped his fist over his heart, I remember thinking WOW - I wonder who he's looking at right now, they're REALLY lucky!

And it was YOU!!
    That was a really sincere, special acknowledgment from him.
    I know, Lori. And that was only the begining of MY Wembley show. :o
    Mikes setlist and the looks, smiles, and eveything was just amazing afterwards...
  • Options
    WASTIDWASTID Posts: 150
    good to find out what was on the stuffed animal.

was about 10 or so rows of people back at that point in line with Ed and saw him catch it as a glanced back from Mike and indeed he did try to squeeze down his pants, but when he looked at it on top of the speaker it had me wondering what it was about.
    Wembley Arena, London, England 05-30-2000
    Astoria, London, England 04-20-2006
    Wembley Arena, London, England 06-18-2007
    MEN Arena, Manchester, England 08-17-2009
    Hyde Park, London, England 06-25-2010
    MEN Arena, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012
    Apollo, Manchester, UK 07-28-2012 (Ed Solo)
    San Siro, Milano, Italia 06-20-2014
    FD Arena, Leeds 07-08-2014
    National Bowl, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    I know, Lori. And that was only the begining of MY Wembley show. :o
    Mikes setlist and the looks, smiles, and eveything was just amazing afterwards...

sid i know i told you that i saw mike tapw the pick on the set, i know i told tou i saw you throw the stuffed toy and i know that i was yelling your name whe ed tried to shove it down his pants!!! come back on tour!!! i just want to give you the biggest hug, coz you are a crazy gal, we need you back on tour...

p.s. just been drinking beer with hinny, so somehow this message is typed very well!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    sid i know i told you that i saw mike tapw the pick on the set, i know i told tou i saw you throw the stuffed toy and i know that i was yelling your name whe ed tried to shove it down his pants!!! come back on tour!!! i just want to give you the biggest hug, coz you are a crazy gal, we need you back on tour...

p.s. just been drinking beer with hinny, so somehow this message is typed very well!!

Hi Michael and Hinny! Miss you guys!!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options

WHat are you guys doing? ahahaha. :D
    Dont make me cry now :( I miss you too, guys :(
    im off to Budapest for the weekend, I wish I coulda been home so I know whats going on at shows, if I cant be there...
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Some of you might have noticed that there was a stuffed animal thrown on stage to Ed. And some of you might have seen that he tried to do...

Anyways, I was the girl who caught his attention during Mikes Crazy Mary solo.
    Ed went on Mikes side when Mike came all the way to Boom. After I saw Ed having a smoke right in front of me, I knew I had the chance to give him that little stuffed animal I had for him/them. I wrote CROATIA LOVES YOU on its belly and (I'm) IN HIDING in the back, also ZAGREB REMEMBERS on its foreamrs.
    Anyways, it was just like a little kid made it, a real kindergarten teacher
    creation :D
    So I wave at him, he sees me, comes over to the stage and nods to throw him the animal. I do it and he grabs it...tries to put it in his pants! White pants!!! haha, Steph and I just looked at each other and laughed. Then when the thing didnt fit in his pants :eek: :D He puts it on the speaker, still having a smoke and then he looks at it, reads what it says...im at this point still staring at him, no clue whats going on on Booms side (him and Mike soloing, haha). Ok, Ed looks at the animal, reads and looks over at me, says, I read it from his lips: oh; Croatia! With his ED look on his face and smiles, makes a fist and tappes his heart. I was in heaven! :) he totally remembers Zagreb and the amazing show they did there. :o
    In Munich my Croatian friends had a sign ZAGREB REMEMBERS, a twin to the one they made last year for Vienna, ZAGREB AWAITS. Eddie totally saw it during ALive in Munich, read it and aknowledged my saying: I remember too!

I was just going to share you one of my awesome Wembley stories and ask if anyone maybe took a picture when he grabbed the stuffed animal, or even better, when he tried to shove it down his pants. Or maybe a video or something. I know its probably a long shot cause most of you were looking at Mike and Boom when this occured, but I know some ppl have seen it and thought it was hilarious, which it was.
    Id be very very thankful if anyone can help me out.

I will share my Mike story later *smiles*
    What a cool story. I love hearing things like this. You are sooo lucky!!!
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Neat story. I think I know how you feel.
    It is just nice to get some interaction...it is that little something that gets tattooed in your mind and stays there framed forever. I feel like I'm thirteen or something..it is just a gesture or the look..yes..but...it's meant just for you..and you know the crowd is massive...

My similar experiences:
    In Zagreb I got a handshake and a nod and the look..the look..!eyebrow moved and there was a little smile only on the one side of the lips..and a nod..a kind of..hello..I think I bowed a little and I shake his hand firmly..because of the honour and respect..maybe thh grab surprised him..but the look was...shit..like he sees through me. It was not much for the others I believe..but for me it was a fragment of what I could give back..a thank you..an appreciation.

In Munich..I wasn't reaching out at all...He was just there..at the end of the show..looking at the crowd..people were waving and screaming..when he looked me in the eyes I just smiled a little and he blew me a kiss and was still looking me directly into the eyes..It must have been 3 seconds..it seemed long..I wish I'd say something or put my hand on my heart..but I showed him my mini Slovenian flag and he noded like..yeah throw it..so I did..he caught it, put it in his pants (left pocket - behind) and then he ran into the center of the stage, all of them bowed. I wonder if he recognized the flag..did he even looked at it latter...If I knew it would happen I would have written something on it..

I was happy. I still am. Music is all that matters to me..but moments like this..they matter too.

Edit: Would love to have a photo :D
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    swedeswede Posts: 558
    v and i were cracking up at that...
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    this is reason number 15649973 why I love this band!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    That's a brilliant story,I just got a smile from Mike and I was pleased enough with that! Awesome!
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Options
    http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-3353763297265654181&hl=nl
    from about 6.06 mins in, not the whole thing but its for you sid..
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    pajopajo Posts: 3,292
    WOW! This is so great! Sid is in Budapest this weekend but we're gonna send her a text message to go to the forum bcs you have a little present for her! She's gonna be sooooo happy!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    WOW! This is so great! Sid is in Budapest this weekend but we're gonna send her a text message to go to the forum bcs you have a little present for her! She's gonna be sooooo happy!
    Thanks!

i sent it to her on facebook as well.
    she has money to go to budapest, but no money to go to anymore shows
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    i sent it to her on facebook as well.
    she has money to go to budapest, but no money to go to anymore shows
    Noooo, that's not true! She had to go to Budapest (sort of on business, she'll explain better) and she was whining about it for days because she really didn't want to go. The last we heard from her she was thinking about how to go to any of the remaining shows and constantly complaining about HAVING to go to Budapest and not wanting to go...
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    Noooo, that's not true! She had to go to Budapest (sort of on business, she'll explain better) and she was whining about it for days because she really didn't want to go. The last we heard from her she was thinking about how to go to any of the remaining shows and constantly complaining about HAVING to go to Budapest and not wanting to go...

she was thinking of robbing a bank, saying that was the only way to do it.
    seeing this videowill only wet the appetite more
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    she was thinking of robbing a bank, saying that was the only way to do it.
    seeing this videowill only wet the appetite more
    So true! :D Wouldn't surprise us one bit if she turns up at one of the remaining shows. How, we don't know, but we wouldn't put it past her to find a way...

Just hope she'll still have both her kidneys by the end of the tour... :D
  • Options
    pajo wrote:
    Sid is in Budapest this weekend

and she didnt get in touch with me...?!? i would be such a great tour guide... :o
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    What a great story, thanks for sharing it with us.

I lost my GHOST and have my ANIMAL now :)
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Riot_RainRiot_Rain Posts: 348

Wicked! Thanks so much for the vid! Watching it at work (shh!) and getting goose bumps all over again :D:D:D
    Like a cloud dropping rain
    I'm discarding all thought
    I'll dry up, leaving puddles on the ground
    I'm like an opening band for the sun
  • Options
    OMG OMG
    I just got home, watching it rigth now!!!!

OMG OMG!!!
  • Options
    Oh MY GOD!!!
    I just watched it!!!
    Michael, thank you so much for finding this!!!

My amazing cro friends texted me, and I suspected what it was about :D
    I tottally flipped out when they comfirmed, but couldnt get online til just now.
    I got home andd first thing I did, turn on the comp and yeah :D

Thank you so much.
    And thanks to my great friends for defending me, i totally didnt wanna go to this trip to Hungary, but it was pretty much a must. and everything was free, so ;)
  • Options
    And thanks to my great friends for defending me, i totally didnt wanna go to this trip to Hungary, but it was pretty much a must. and everything was free, so ;)

why did u not bloody contact me and/or ricsard...?! :o :(
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    why did u not bloody contact me and/or ricsard...?! :o :(
    Hey, girl.
    Im sorry. but the thing is, this was a planned trip with my music band (brass band). We were actually in a place near Budapest, Szentandres I think, and had pretty much a schedule to go by. I wish I had some time in Budapest, i wouldve totally get coffee or sth with you. But next time, I will :)
  • Options
    I wish I had some time in Budapest, i wouldve totally get coffee or sth with you. But next time, I will :)

i made notes of the promis... ;)