Options

Sirens to Be Next Single From LB

RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
edited September 2013 in The Porch
Just got word that Sirens will be the second single off Lightning Bolt...released later this month :D

So happy it isn't Sleeping By Myself!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    someone will - so let it be me to ask - source?
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    edited September 2013
    Shorty wrote:
    someone will - so let it be me to ask - source?
    Universal connection on the best coast ;)

(I haven't heard it, but word has trickled down)
    Post edited by RedMosquito02 on
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    I'm glad it's not Lightning Bolt.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Why? That tune rocks man!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892

I really liked the verses but the chorus just seems lazy to me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    This whole album is going to be amazing!
    Flubby
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

Felt the same way about the chorus, I like the rest of the song. Hopefully it will sound better on the record. Hope Sirens is the next single. Would be cool if it is out nest week, a month before the first show.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    ks276262 wrote:

define "whole".... :corn:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    It feels too "left-over-Backspacer" for me personally.

Maybe the album version will kick ass, but didn't really blow me away at Wrigley, like I hoped it would.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    Oh yeah..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    cool but was kinda hoping for pendulum... that creepy beginning on 2013 North American Tour announcement has me wanting more...feeling this song is gonna kick your ass like the rest of the album.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258

Yep, the chorus is terrible.

"Lightning boooooooooolt...light-ning booooollllllt" :fp:
  • Options
    ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Just got word that Sirens will be the second single off Lightning Bolt...released later this month :D

So happy it isn't Sleeping By Myself!!!

Sweet 8-)
  • Options
    ks276262 wrote:

This.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,661
    I thought it might be Future Days given the demo version out there.
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    mvw wrote:

what demo version? did I miss that one..
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,499
    grazman wrote:
    mvw wrote:

Yeah, what?
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    ks276262 wrote:

define "whole".... :corn:

Hole has a new album coming out? :D
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I have my doubts, but that may be why BOb has been hyping it so much. 5-6 minute song with alot of soloing doesn't seem like a good choice for a single.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DewieCox wrote:
    I have my doubts, but that may be why BOb has been hyping it so much. 5-6 minute song with alot of soloing doesn't seem like a good choice for a single.

Nothing as it Seems is 5:23 :geek:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I really liked the verses but the chorus just seems lazy to me.[/quote]

"Lightning boooooooooolt...light-ning booooollllllt" :fp:[/quote]

I don't think the chorus needs to be anything else in my opinion. The verse building up to it was poetic enough, it's not like Eddie couldn't have come up with something other than just, "Lightning Bolt," i'm sure he could have.

Sometimes it's just as simple as expressing someone in two powerful words, "Lightning Bolt!"

And to be fair, it is one of the pop songs to the album so i wasn't expecting it to cover "Black" territory. But hey, that's just what i think. Who knows what was going through Eddie's mind when writing the lyrics :lol:

I think Lightning Bolt is the best example of Pearl Jam meeting pop and am very excited to hear the studio version. :D

Sirens will be amazing too!
    One man stands alone, awaiting, for her to come home.
    Eyes are closed,.. You cannot know.
    But his heart don't seem to roam.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

"I, oh, I, oh, I'm still a-live."

"Why go home? Why go home? Why go home?"

"Don't go on me. Don't go on me. Don't go on me."

"(Insert however you would spell out the chorus to Oceans here)"

Etc, etc, etc

In other words: I think you're overthinking this one. Ed has been writing simple choruses to great, great songs for a long time.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    mca47 wrote:

"I, oh, I, oh, I'm still a-live."

"Why go home? Why go home? Why go home?"

"Don't go on me. Don't go on me. Don't go on me."

"(Insert however you would spell out the chorus to Oceans here)"

Etc, etc, etc

In other words: I think you're overthinking this one. Ed has been writing simple choruses to great, great songs for a long time.

I don't think it was so much the words used, but the way Ed sang it. At least for me that is what it was. But that could have just been since it was the first time played.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Also: "It's my blood. It's my blood. It's my blood."

And also: Whatever you think the lyrics are to the chorus of Given to Fly.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Better Dan wrote:
    Nothing as it Seems is 5:23 :geek:

True, and I figured I'd get nailed on that, but NAIS is a slow burner so it's gonna be longer and I think it would be a fairly long song with or without the lead breaks. There's obviously plenty of guitar, but it's not carried by the solo like a few of the reports on Sirens seem to claim.

Also, I think PJ was still in the "we don't care how our singles do" stage around Binaural and since S/T they've seemed to make more of an effort to pick catchier numbers for singles.
  • Options
    I'll believe the next single is Sirens when I hear it...
    Sorry there have been and still is waayyyyy too many rumor starters and "sources" about this and that about this band for so long I just don't buy into any of it anymore.

My sister's husband's cousin knew this guy who had a girlfriend that has a best friend who once bumped in the engineer of Sound Garden who said talk to the security guard and he mentioned the new B-Side of Avocado was this song called "Whatchamacallit"....Man were they wrong!!

As for lighting bolt, I am really starting to like it the more I listen to it. At first I was definitely in the weak chorus group but as I said I am starting to like it a lot! I can feel it being a great album track and getting better live the more they play it. Much like GTF was to me. Anyway, that's just me... :)
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    DewieCox wrote:

When i heard Sirens i immediately thought that this could be a radio hit. For me this was maybe the most obvious single of the whole album. As i said before i did not like the song on first listen but was sure it would be a hit. I really thought that this could be the biggest commercial hit of PJ ever! So i was not into the song but still kinda pleased cause i think PJ deserves a hit so people stop asking me if this band still exists :D
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,661
    grazman wrote:
    mvw wrote:

Yeah, what?

Check around over here.

http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1617&start=9800
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    They're working on a "radio" version that is about a minute shorter. I believe they're working on possibly cutting a guitar bridge somewhere in the middle of the track.
  • Options
    JM16768 wrote:
    I'll believe the next single is Sirens when I hear it...
    Sorry there have been and still is waayyyyy too many rumor starters and "sources" about this and that about this band for so long I just don't buy into any of it anymore.

My sister's husband's cousin knew this guy who had a girlfriend that has a best friend who once bumped in the engineer of Sound Garden who said talk to the security guard and he mentioned the new B-Side of Avocado was this song called "Whatchamacallit"....Man were they wrong!!

As for lighting bolt, I am really starting to like it the more I listen to it. At first I was definitely in the weak chorus group but as I said I am starting to like it a lot! I can feel it being a great album track and getting better live the more they play it. Much like GTF was to me. Anyway, that's just me... :)
    You can believe what you want, but I'm not one to start rumors.

And there's no crazy chain, like her brothers cousins best friend or anything. It's very very direct. Trying to protect my sources that's all, by not spilling all the beans.
This discussion has been closed.