Options

We're Awesome.

october22october22 Posts: 2,533
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Just wanted to have a place where we can publicly thank other 10C members for looking out for each other or just being cool.

I'll start us off with a big thanks to RedMosquito02 for sending me an autographed copy of the latest Bad Religion album! He (or she) saw a post of mine saying I was a fan, pm'd me for my address and a week or so later a little package showed up at my door. It was very random and very kind and only serves as another example of why I love this band for so much more than just the music. Thanks again, bro!

10/22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    Well we knew that , but YEAH!!
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Awesome :D
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    I have to agree. From sending money to a stranger hoping I'd be sent all the bootlegs from a tour in return, to having my significant other work with a fellow fan to get a copy of a bootleg that I was in when I was a kid, to just the several other little things this community has done... yep, you're all pretty awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Yeah.. I agree..

I had some chick from Germany PM'ing about places to stay in Detroit for when she would be in North America for PJ20 and the Toronto stuff..

Now she cooks me dinner every night and I am very proud and happy to say PJ fans make the best wives EVER!!

Thank you 10c
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Caveeze wrote:
    Yeah.. I agree..

I had some chick from Germany PM'ing about places to stay in Detroit for when she would be in North America for PJ20 and the Toronto stuff..

Now she cooks me dinner every night and I am very proud and happy to say PJ fans make the best wives EVER!!

Thank you 10c
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ fans are doing quite an awesome job doing the dishes after dinner too :mrgreen:

We're renewing the vows for the fam this weekend, and PJ will be there somehow at the festivities too - our tables have names of PJ songs and the crooked hearts were on the invitations :)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Caveeze wrote:
    Yeah.. I agree..

Thank you 10c

:D:D:D

Some truly great people around here. Yourself included, Cav.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    PJ fans are doing quite an awesome job doing the dishes after dinner too :mrgreen:

We're renewing the vows for the fam this weekend, and PJ will be there somehow at the festivities too - our tables have names of PJ songs and the crooked hearts were on the invitations :)
    Leeze, we have to have words about this "she cooks me dinner every night" carry on!! :nono: :nono: :nono:

8-)

Oh & yes we are awesome! So many examples - ketray3142 hitting F5 for 13 hours to get us PJ20 travel packages, naturelover showing me around Chicago after PJ20, being sent many, many things from diff 10c peeps from around the globe................. so many things can't even think of right now! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    morello wrote:

Leeze, we have to have words about this "she cooks me dinner every night" carry on!! :nono: :nono: :nono:

8-)

Oh & yes we are awesome! So many examples - ketray3142 hitting F5 for 13 hours to get us PJ20 travel packages, naturelover showing me around Chicago after PJ20, being sent many, many things from diff 10c peeps from around the globe................. so many things can't even think of right now! :D
    I should have said she cooks "us" dinner every night.. 8-)

she does..

and does it very well..

she is an amazing person..

she truly cares for me..

and cares what I eat..

apparently she wants to be sure I hang around for years to come..

What a great feeling! :D

again, thank you 10c
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    morello wrote:

8-)

she does..

and does it very well..

she is an amazing person..

she truly cares for me..

and cares what I eat..

apparently she wants to be sure I hang around for years to come..

What a great feeling! :D

again, thank you 10c
    Oh alright then. :)

I was looking through my PJ20 pics earlier & saw pics of you kids. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Funny you mention PJ20 pics, Jenny...because you're in a few that I have & you're also in the video that was shot during our set at Hemingway's. What an epic weekend. Wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Funny you mention PJ20 pics, Jenny...because you're in a few that I have & you're also in the video that was shot during our set at Hemingway's. What an epic weekend. Wow.
    Cool. Epic weekend indeed. :)

I saw Dimi's Euro tour 2012 vid again yesterday too with lots of fab 10c peeps in that!!
    <hr>
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Thank you to everyone who welcomed this newbie-to-the-forum from last November on with everything from tickets to boots to posters and so on. Great people! Rock on all.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Caveeze wrote:

Sauerkraut?
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    lpeddlelpeddle Posts: 293
    I am pretty new around here but I have to say I've already "met" some pretty awesome people. I've been a fan since I was a kid, almost right from the beginning, but never really knew any other fans so I wasn't going to concerts and therefore never joined 10c.

Only recently did I meet some other fans near me and got myself tickets to my very first show (London). I can't even express how excited I am. I am so regretting not signing up earlier because it truly is a "community" around here and I know now I didn't need anyone else to go see shows with...they are already full of awesome fans I can enjoy myself with!!!

Anyway...before PJ is gone I just have to see as many shows as possible (Ive missed out for so long i have some catching up to do!!) Hopefully I will have the chance to meet some of you in person :D
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Yeah.. I agree..

Thank you 10c

:D

• Options
    lpeddle wrote:
    I am pretty new around here but I have to say I've already "met" some pretty awesome people. I've been a fan since I was a kid, almost right from the beginning, but never really knew any other fans so I wasn't going to concerts and therefore never joined 10c.

Only recently did I meet some other fans near me and got myself tickets to my very first show (London). I can't even express how excited I am. I am so regretting not signing up earlier because it truly is a "community" around here and I know now I didn't need anyone else to go see shows with...they are already full of awesome fans I can enjoy myself with!!!

Anyway...before PJ is gone I just have to see as many shows as possible (Ive missed out for so long i have some catching up to do!!) Hopefully I will have the chance to meet some of you in person :D

:D:D:D

• Options
    idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    Caveeze wrote:
    Yeah.. I agree..

Thank you 10c

:D NIce! :D
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    jumbojet wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Sauerkraut?

Don't call her that. I met her, she seems very nice ;) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    jumbojet wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Sauerkraut?

Don't call her that. I met her, she seems very nice ;) .

:lol::lol::lol:
    thx for the laugh!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Caveeze wrote:
    Yeah.. I agree..

Thank you 10c

:clap::clap::clap::D:D:D:D

I too married a German. They make great partners. He's become a real fan too, but not an addict like me. He's been very understanding of my excesses.

I've made a lot of great friends through PJ, all ages, from all walks of life, people I probably would have never had the opportunity to get to know otherwise. It's enriched my life hugely. So yeah, we're awesome!
  • Options
    Ok, I'm convinced. I'll be on the lookout for cool, single German girls in Chicago.
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    I have a love affair with Germans.
    Just finished my first German language course a few days ago!

Ich liebe Pearl Jam und meinen Freunde.

^(sorry to the Germans if I got the grammar wrong)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    october22 wrote:
    Just wanted to have a place where we can publicly thank other 10C members for looking out for each other or just being cool.

I'll start us off with a big thanks to RedMosquito02 for sending me an autographed copy of the latest Bad Religion album! He (or she) saw a post of mine saying I was a fan, pm'd me for my address and a week or so later a little package showed up at my door. It was very random and very kind and only serves as another example of why I love this band for so much more than just the music. Thanks again, bro!

10/22
    Absolutely my pleasure Jonathan!

Can't wait to meet a lot of you in Chi-town...so many awesome people here.

(I'm really stoked that it made your day enough to create a thread about it :D )

Less than a month til Wrigley!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
  • Options
    I have a love affair with Germans.
    Just finished my first German language course a few days ago!

Ich liebe Pearl Jam und meinen Freunde.

^(sorry to the Germans if I got the grammar wrong)

Nice!
  • Options
    october22 wrote:

10/22

(I'm really stoked that it made your day enough to create a thread about it :D )

Hell yeah!!! :D
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    october22 wrote:
    october22 wrote:

10/22

Hell yeah!!! :D
    God!!!! I can't wait!! And yet I have to!!!!
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292

The fandangoing was great
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life