demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    £16.25 to Canada.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    $56 to US shipped
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Seems a lot for a boot.. I would have to hear about the quality before I would get it.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    MedozK wrote:
    Seems a lot for a boot.. I would have to hear about the quality before I would get it.
    Do you actually spin records :D
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    I can't understand why people buy for digital sourced boots put on wax. Could be a mp3-source but as long as it has the vinyl cracks it sounds great...

If you only had the cash to start it up you could without any problems press 500 copies of... the Orpheum CD on vinyl.You could make a nice sleeve for it, press it on colored vinyl. Even different random colors.

Would people actually buy that?
    Then I should consider doing it. Doesn't cost much for each record as long as you get the cash back.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    Do you actually spin records :D
    Yes all the time, not sure what your asking?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    $56.51 later :)
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Ah crap.... What to do.... :?
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Looks kind of cool. Had to pick it up. And the Dylan also!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    It seems What Records presses these themselves. They also have a Nirvana 2 LP limited to 500. If they plan on doing this for a lot of Pearl Jam's pre-2000 bootlegs, I can see this getting very expensive. I think I will pass on this seeing as the audio is out there in digital form.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:

I bought the CD and the sound is okay, not great, but okay.
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    MedozK wrote:

is the sound quality the same as the one here? (3-28-92)...http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules/jinzora2/
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:

I guess this is the reason I would stay away from this boot. With questionable sourcing, who know what It will sound like...

I was disappointed in 5 Alive, I have it on blue vinyl and the source sounds like MP3.

Have a feeling this will be the same... but maybe not...when some people get these they may say it sounds great. :)
  • Options
    uk buyers pay £24 thats a ton of postage cost...for a boot pass

That's strange.

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/basket.asp?shopid=57719

UK delivery will be no more than £8, even for large boxed sets.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    uk buyers pay £24 thats a ton of postage cost...for a boot pass

That's strange.

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/basket.asp?shopid=57719

UK delivery will be no more than £8, even for large boxed sets.

That's with the record.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Pamela0222 wrote:

Not buy it. Its an unofficial Pearl Jam release. If people are willing to buy this thing, they are pretty silly. It was £8 on cd when it came out a month ago and I came to my senses and cancelled the pre-order.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Just an update to let you know I have less than 100 copies left of the Pearl Jam Broadcasts album so I expect to sell out shortly. All orders for more than 5 units will be reduced to 5 units.

So if you've ordered it already and took advantage of our special price then thank you for your support.

Cheers

Tim
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    I can't understand why people buy for digital sourced boots put on wax. Could be a mp3-source but as long as it has the vinyl cracks it sounds great...

If you only had the cash to start it up you could without any problems press 500 copies of... the Orpheum CD on vinyl.You could make a nice sleeve for it, press it on colored vinyl. Even different random colors.

Would people actually buy that?
    Then I should consider doing it. Doesn't cost much for each record as long as you get the cash back.

Not to mention the band gets zilch for this.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    owww poor move tim...send us another email saying less then 100 left and put price up to £25..

its a boot not offical why so much...and to the people that have bought multi copies...why its not going to be worth more then £25 ever
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    boyo79 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

Not buy it. Its an unofficial Pearl Jam release. If people are willing to buy this thing, they are pretty silly. It was £8 on cd when it came out a month ago and I came to my senses and cancelled the pre-order.

Thanks! I decided to pass on this one and pre-ordered the Brad CD.
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,943
    so, 400 people wanne listen to an mp3 on their vinyl players. hah.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

You sure it's from the inferior mp3 sources then the superior flac sources that have spread for a long time online in the trading community? Wish we had more word about this then just guessing for ourselves.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

You sure it's from the inferior mp3 sources then the superior flac sources that have spread for a long time online in the trading community? Wish we had more word about this then just guessing for ourselves.

Regardless of the source its an unofficial release.

If someone had made these themselves and put them on ebay there'd be uproar but because its What Records its alright. Wake up people!

• Options
    i dont think whatrecords have made (pressed) these...but i think hes bought them all of someone to sell on .,.

imo still big money for a boot...and putting the price up :roll:
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Pretty disappointed with What Records regarding this to be honest. This is just another knock-off bootleg release, using sources recorded of the radio, stuck on vinyl and "limited to 500" to make people think they're buying some awesome limited edition item. It's utter shite. Sorry to anyone here who bought it, but you've just wasted your money, big time. It's worthless.
  • Options
    i dont think whatrecords have made (pressed) these...but i think hes bought them all of someone to sell on .,.

imo still big money for a boot...and putting the price up :roll:

Oh I know What Records haven't made these. Chrome Dreams released the cd so I'd imagine they've pressed the vinyl.

But yeah I think What Records have seen they can make quick money here. Good luck to them but after my problems last year I wouldn't use them again. And selling an unofficial release like its an official release is a poor decision in my book.

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I guess it's just a matter of choices.. Personally, I'm an avid collector and I would buy everything (official releases) with Pearl Jam written on it.. a good example is the NY 1992 cd given away with the self titled cd, that was not only a pretty poor recording, but it was probably mp3 sourced (you can even hear transitions between tracks, pretty ridiculous for an official release), but that was official so even if sold separately I would have buy it..
    with bootlegs, I really can't understand why you should buy a release like these right now on what records, to me it's absurd.. it's not a collector thing (because it's not official) and not about sound quality (we all know unofficial bootlegs don't use the best possible sources, right?).. so what's the point? the only interesting and worth to buy bootlegs are the ones that contain sources not available elsewhere, for example "too many faces" (1992-06-10 show) or brixton (1993-07-14 show) to say just two, you can find them on the net but are directly ripped from these boots so it does make sense to buy the silver unofficial bootlegs since they are the "best and lower gen sources" (for now, at least)..

and like already said by others, if I was to press vinyl from my flac sources and sell them for $20 everyone would call me an asshole (with a good reason), and reporting me to ten club, but if an online store like what recors does the same thing (even if they not materially pressed them), and probably using crappy and lossy sources, charging stupid prices for shipping, then it's all ok.. isn't the world strange?