edited April 2011 in The Porch
The winner of the Lance mercer's book signed by Eddie is

loadedgun

mavi=LOXL
haffajappa=ITW (and other goodies)

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
http://www.redcross.org/
http://www.redcross.ca (Canada)
http://www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-Now/M ... ami-Appeal (UK)
http://www.redcross.ca/article.asp?id=38380&tid=001

Thanks to all!

Jose
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

in...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Great idea Jose. I was thinking of doing the same thing but I didn't know what to put up here
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    edited March 2011
    Great cause! I will be in soon.
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Travelar wrote:
    Great cause! I will be in soon.

[quote="arq"
    I'll announce the winner of the "lottery" in 2 weeks 05/31/11

An fyi, I think you meant 3/31. 5/31 is a couple of months off.[/quote]

Thanks!!! fixed :D
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Wow :shock:

You are a tremendous person!!

I will be in this weekend and let you know ...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    JAPAN?!!!?!! Take a look around you son!....OUR COUNTRY could use the $ too!!!

Let Japan worry about itself....they aren't living on borrowed time like the US is.

and NO amount of money is gonna get rid of all that radiation!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I work for the Red Cross and have already donated, but wanted to say thank you.

Anyone who has seen one image of what is going on over there and doesn't feel the need to do something, well they must have a heart of stone.

Oh and I have Ed's signature on my Who bandana, this is definitely legit. :D He must like to doodle, because he drew a little extra something on mine as well. :lol:
  • Options

Let Japan worry about itself....they aren't living on borrowed time like the US is.

Sorry brother I love this my new country the USA and I always help when I have the chance, but I would like to apply the golden rule with the people of Japan.

One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162

:roll:

Like Hiroshima and Nagasaki are still barren wastelands today...
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    OwlOwl Posts: 1,062
    That's amazing of you!

I'll be happy to make the donation with no need to be counted in for the contest (even if I'm drooling for that Lance Mercer's book of yours :lol: ).

I guess a couple of direct links to those indicated organizations would help everyone and make it direct ;)

Thanks for proposing it in the first place!
  • Options
    Owl wrote:
    That's amazing of you!

I'll be happy to make the donation with no need to be counted in for the contest (even if I'm drooling for that Lance Mercer's book of yours :lol: ).

I guess a couple of direct links to those indicated organizations would help everyone and make it direct ;)

Thanks for proposing it in the first place!

Good suggestion! I'm on it!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Great idea arq!

Im in for $10

(fyi: minimum donation to red cross for Japan is $10)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    you are the best Jose! Great idea!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,859
    Great idea Jose. :D

*donation sent.
  • Options
    https://american.redcross.org/

Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

Your gift to the American Red Cross will support our disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. On those rare occasions when donations exceed American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters.

Please enter the details of your donation below. Minimum donation amount is $10.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    https://american.redcross.org/

Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

Your gift to the American Red Cross will support our disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. On those rare occasions when donations exceed American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters.

Please enter the details of your donation below. Minimum donation amount is $10.

Thanks D!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89

what the f..k you're talking? are you sick?

anybody has got his own problems and it's no secret we all gonna die one day - and you are saying that there are ones among us who deserve help (because they're inhabitant of your nation) and ones who don't just because they're f..ked up anyway (and not American)? and you really mean it?

of course there's no amount of money that is gonna get rid of all that radiation.of course there's no chance in saving all the people's lives. but if give a little something to those who really need, at least we make sure they can see a little light and feel a little better. and even if a single person is suffering a little less - it's worth every f..kin' cent.
    by giving those red cross guys and doctors the chance to head over and reach a hand to the ones in need - we can help them to keep their human dignity - that's one of the most essential human rigths
  • Options
    Lenz wrote:

anybody has got his own problems and it's no secret we all gonna die one day - and you are saying that there are ones among us who deserve help (because they're inhabitant of your nation) and ones who don't just because they're f..ked up anyway (and not American)? and you really mean it?

of course there's no amount of money that is gonna get rid of all that radiation.of course there's no chance in saving all the people's lives. but if give a little something to those who really need, at least we make sure they can see a little light and feel a little better. and even if a single person is suffering a little less - it's worth every f..kin' cent.
    by giving those red cross guys and doctors the chance to head over and reach a hand to the ones in need - we can help them to keep their human dignity - that's one of the most essential human rigths

Lenz :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Crazy Breed - is that honestly your view? Japan aren't living on borrowed time but the US is?!?!? Wake up! The US is on its arse but it won't collapse. The UK is the same but both countries will come out of the recession is time. Japan is a hell of alot worse state than America or the UK following the earthquake, tsunami & now nuclear meltdown. If you believe any different your incredibly ignorant.

• Options
    Lenz wrote:

yeah..I'm sick....sick of watching my country fall to shit while my Gov. gives away billions to fucking Israel & other nations instead of fixing up our own fucking country that is dire need of EVERYTHING!!! And we are BROKE!!!!!

and the red cross is fucking corrupt!!! I wouldn't send them a fucking dime!! you know how much $ was donated to them after 9-11-2001 that NEVER went to any of the families?? MILLIONS!!!! and they did the same shit with Haiti!!

so yeah....I think it's stupid to run to your neighbors house with your water while your own house burns to the fucking ground!!
  • Options
    U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
    edited March 2011
    Edit: no disrespect to you Arq! Just a little misplaced anger up in your thread.,,u r doing a generous thing and it should be commended.
    Post edited by U R A Crazy Breed on
  • Options
    Please guys don't turn this thread into backs and forwards.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    Please guys don't turn this thread into backs and forwards.

+1

donate if u want
    leave if u dont
    everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinions. arq is just trying to do a good thing here.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    edited March 2011
    so maybe you should compare your house to the ruins that were left to the ones in Japan - then you should definitely recognize that there is no way in comparing the situation over there with the situation in your country - and I didn't say a single word about the radiation and the dying of human beings

I won't say a word about anybody who does not donate anything - but telling other people, who try to help millions of people suffering, that the USA is much more in need of the money, is just pure shit. you ridicule those people (in this situation) - great man, really great
    Post edited by Lenz on
  • Options
    you're right - it's not worth saying one more word about such an opinion but SAD

I hope people do their best to help
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'll send in a donation this weekend.

I believe that the Red Cross is a great charity and I am deeply saddened about what has happened to the people of Japan.

If this happened to the US I am sure Japan would be one of the first countries to help us.

Treat others the way you would want to be treated. :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Jose, those living in Canada that want to donate would be great to donate @ http://www.redcross.ca .

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Jose, those living in Canada that want to donate would be great to donate @ http://www.redcross.ca .

Thanks bro, updated!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    What an awesome idea!!!! WELL DONE! :D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options

• Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    edited March 2011
    Great idea OP and so generous!!!! Good for you. We need more like you around!

EDIT: I know I shouldn't say anything and keep moving on, but I would just like to say that the "Respect-o-meter" just crashed on Crazy Breed's paranoid ridiculous statements. This guy arq is donating some serious shit for a good cause and you couldn't resist thrusting yourself into it. Unbelievable. After some of the crap I've seen people write about Japan around here and elsewhere, I'm not gonna say I'm embarrassed to be an American (never), but I'm embarrassed that some of these self-centered delusional morons are American. And I think you owe Arq a big fat apology. Alright, enough negativity from me. NICE JOB ARQ!!!!!!
    Post edited by elevation622 on