Options

Official Boston pre-Party

driftin alongdriftin along Posts: 73
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Hello there!

I'm sorry this took so long to post, but the location for the Boston pre-party is finally set... and The Harp it is!

Details:
The Harp
85 Causeway Street
Boston, MA 02114
Directly Across from TD Northbank Garden and North station on the green line train (so avoid traffic AND save all your parking money to spend on raffle tix :) )
www.harpboston.com

1-6pm

Not only do you get to come to an awesome fundraiser party, you also get to see a great PJ cover band: Backseat Lover will be playing at 4 so come early and stay the entire afternoon!

Now for the important part: please let me know if you have any items for the raffle. Our beneficiary is Project Bread, an amazing organization in Boston whose mission is to eradicate hunger in Massachusetts.

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there!

Best,
Rebekah
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    sweet thanks see you there
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    NICE!!! i'll be there..+5 to 8 more are coming with me....and i will bring a few donations....i don't know what i have left from the Team McCready fundraiser but i shall look.

Backseat Lover & Pearl jam in the same day...the Boston show OWNES!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    ="U R A Crazy Breed"]the Boston show OWNES!!!!!!
    Owns? huh? most likely Newark will be better Crazy
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    the Boston show OWNES!!!!!!
    Owns? huh? most likely Newark will be better Crazy

yeah...that's funny dude...wtf are you smoking today?! BOSTON is gonna be better than the rest of the North East shows...just wait and see! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BrianMBrianM Posts: 41
    Awesome, count me in plus like 15 or so.
    Friends got a suite so we will be packing numbers....haha

See you cats there....
    4/11/94 9/26/96 10/2/96
    9/15/96 9/16/96 8/29/00
    8/30/00 7/2/03 7/3/03
    7/11/03 9/28/04 5/24/06
    5/26/06 6/28/08 6/30/08

EV Boston Opera House Night 1
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Never done this before, but as I'm on vacation I can help out if you need anything.

What kinds of raffle items are you looking for?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Sweet! Looking forward to it! :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Isn't the pre-party ALWAYS at The Harp??????? It's the place to be!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I'll be there +1.

I have a 2 raffle items that I want to donate. I won't be able to make it to the pre-party at 1 p.m. though. I probably won't arrive until close to 4 p.m. Let me know if you want me to mail them to you or hand deliver them at 4 p.m. Thanks!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Is this the "Official", "Official Boston pre-Party" thread, cause it doesn't have any *** or anything. I only want to post in the "Official" thread...
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    I'm on it like a hornet!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Is this the "Official", "Official Boston pre-Party" thread, cause it doesn't have any *** or anything. I only want to post in the "Official" thread...
    I don't want some knock-off, bootleg thread. I'm with Dissidentman on this one. I want the real thing.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    I don't want some knock-off, bootleg thread. I'm with Dissidentman on this one. I want the real thing.

I smell a petition!
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,919
    I'll be there with about 15 others. Should be a great time!
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    Wow.. the Harp AND Backseat Lover? Before a PJ show?

No offense, but this sounds like one of the least fun things that has ever happened in this city. The Harp is strictly Bridge & Tunnel and Backseat Lover...well...

Is this the best we can do?
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options

No offense, but this sounds like one of the least fun things that has ever happened in this city. The Harp is strictly Bridge & Tunnel and Backseat Lover...well...

be still your tongue fool!! Backseat Lover is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
  • Options
    The Harp is strictly Bridge & Tunnel
    Agreed. It's all meatheads worthy of the Jersey Shore. However, I'll be there to see you kids.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Agreed. It's all meatheads worthy of the Jersey Shore. However, I'll be there to see you kids.

maybe it is all the other 364 days of the year...but not when we take that shit over next month!!!!!
  • Options

maybe it is all the other 364 days of the year...but not when we take that shit over next month!!!!!
    You got it Capn' Chronic!
  • Options

be still your tongue fool!! Backseat Lover is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

No, they aren't.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options

No, they aren't.

Will they at least make you appreciate PJ that much more???
  • Options
    JYDJYD Posts: 9
    Sounds like a plan.....sorry "Gretest Bar in Boston" Harp it is......can't wait....less than 3 weeks, Its worse than waiting for Santa to come as alittle kid.

Never seen back Street lover before......are they better than Itchy Fish?
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553

What is this of which you speak? "Bridge & Tunnel?"
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options

It means only people who aren't from Boston would hang at the Harp pre-show. The Harp truly, truly sucks. Expensive, crowded... no thanks.
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206

It means only people who aren't from Boston would hang at the Harp pre-show. The Harp truly, truly sucks. Expensive, crowded... no thanks.

Bridge & Tunnel is people from Jersey, Queens, Long Island or anyone OFF Manhattan who has to use a bridge or a tunnel to get into The (definite article) City. Why are you massholes using it!? :P
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810

What is this of which you speak? "Bridge & Tunnel?"[/quote]

It means only people who aren't from Boston would hang at the Harp pre-show. The Harp truly, truly sucks. Expensive, crowded... no thanks.[/quote]

Bridge & Tunnel is people from Jersey, Queens, Long Island or anyone OFF Manhattan who has to use a bridge or a tunnel to get into The (definite article) City. Why are you massholes using it!? :P[/quote]

haha I was wondering the same. either way riff randall's not a happy camper!

I was at the harp in '06 and backstreet lover was there. I thought they were good...i had a great time there. and will do so again in a few weeks!!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Yes, on any other evening you want to avoid the Harp entirely. But it's 1-6, across from the Garden and going to be packed with Pearl Jam fans...it will be a fine time. If you're looking for some fresh beer after the pre-party, hit Beer Works around the corner. It's a brewpub that does a decent job with most of their stuff and will even occasionally have a gem or two (they had an oaked barleywine at the one by Fenway a month or two ago). Cheers!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Backseat Lover is awesome! I can't wait to see them again at The Harp! :D
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I can't wait and appreciate that someone has brought negativity to a fundraiser. You're awesome thank you.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529

Glad you won't be there...Who care's which bar in Boston the Pre-Show is held, as long as there is good beer,and great friends..Location is Null...

BSL is the best PJ Tribute band there is...Positive, Fun, and True Pearl Jam fans Please Join us!

BTW: Your "Bridge & Tunnel" Term is not in the Boston Vocabulary