Options

I got SCREWED by a fellow 10c Member!!!! Advice?

xsmytxxsmytx Posts: 162
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Hey guys! So not sure if you all remember, but around December, a 10c member by the screen name of LUKINREPRISE posted a bunch of items for sale. Well to cut it short, I know that I'm not the only one, but we got "BEAT". LUKINREPRISE sent me these pm's for a little while on "reasons" he was un-able to send them, but the last
PM I got was about him finally sending it. Well me and some other people never received our PAID for items. I even felt bad for the lil Bit*h cause he had a kid and sent him a few extra bucks since his famly was having "hard" times.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO RESOLVE THIS???????
Thanks!

Jay
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    You can file some sort of grievance with paypal if you used that. I'm not sure how it works if you used the "gift" option to send the money. It's too bad the guy didn't at least refund your money. Sometimes you DO get screwed on here but rarely without communication and/or a refund. I have been the screw-ER and the screw-EE. Good luck. :lol:
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    2001ALLSTAREDDIE2001ALLSTAREDDIE NorCal Posts: 193
    bummer man. i recommend doing right by others and hope for the best. it all comes around, and just maybe this person will do what's right within a reasonable amount of time. if not, then they needed to steal from you more than you needed the pj stuff. in the end, it's all just stuff anyway. I know that doesn't make up for your lost $$, so in its place i'll send you something from my poster vault. PM me if you're interested.
    12/07/93 Seattle; 12/09/93 Seattle; 06/01/03 Mt.View; 10/05/04 St.Louis; 03/18/05 Seattle; 09/04/05 Calgary; 09/05/05 Edmonton; 07/15/06 SF; 07/18/06 SF; 04/05/08 Santa Cruz (EV); 07/12/08 LA; 10/01/09 LA; 07/11/11 Oakland (EV); 09/03/11 PJ20; 09/04/11 PJ20; 07/19/13 Wrigley; 11/19/13 Phoenix; 11/23/13 LA1; 11/26/13 Oakland; 10/3/14 St.Louis; 04/11/16 Tampa; 04/13/16 JAX; 8/5/16 & 8/7/16 Fenway
  • Options
    You can file some sort of grievance with paypal if you used that. I'm not sure how it works if you used the "gift" option to send the money. It's too bad the guy didn't at least refund your money. Sometimes you DO get screwed on here but rarely without communication and/or a refund. I have been the screw-ER and the screw-EE. Good luck. :lol:

So you openly admit to screwing people on here?

Yeah, that's really cool.

-Pearlhawk.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    bummer man. i recommend doing right by others and hope for the best. it all comes around, and just maybe this person will do what's right within a reasonable amount of time. if not, then they needed to steal from you more than you needed the pj stuff. in the end, it's all just stuff anyway. I know that doesn't make up for your lost $$, so in its place i'll send you something from my poster vault. PM me if you're interested.

Well said, and very generous of you.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    you're not alone
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Lukinreprise (aka Tyler):

You said you were sending out the item on 12/21/09. Never received.

I emailed you on 1/14/10 to let you know it never arrived.

You said you were resending out on 1/16/10 due to a post office problem. I said no problem.... but item still never received.

I waited until 1/28/10, then emailed and PM'd you asking for a tracking number. No response from you.

I emailed you on 2/17/10 to tell you I was going to have to file a dispute if you don't contact me back. No response from you.

Sorry Tyler, but I've given you 2 months from when I paid you, and you've been completely out of contact, and still no item. Reporting you to Paypal and Amex.

Buyers beware!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=121542&p=2801088#p2801088
  • Options
    yea I saw that. I contacted another person who is "waiting" as well. Im not suprised though that al the "well known" guys on here received their orders. Even overseas!
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    drymount him
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293

Cool of you to offer something up help out the OP. Its a nice reminder that there are a lot of great people on these boards. For every "bad apple" in the 10C who is willing the screw someone over, there are many, many more generous members.
  • Options

What a sweet thing to do.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• Options
    2001ALLSTAREDDIE wrote:

Cool of you to offer something up help out the OP. Its a nice reminder that there are a lot of great people on these boards. For every "bad apple" in the 10C who is willing the screw someone over, there are many, many more generous members.

PJ-Cubs

Your exactly right! The people I have met thru 10c I am extremely lucky to have met and dealt with!!! I have gotten screwed over a few times but, I have had found and bought some things I've been searching for, for years and have had no problems. I feel like I'm writing a hallmark card and slitting my wrist!!! Nah but all jokes aside, the amount of friggn happiness alot of us bring to each other is crazy!! How happy a poster or vinyl can make some of us!! I mean how many of us have RAN home, driving like idiots to see if things were delivered!
    THIS IS THE BEST FAN CLUB ON THE PLANET!!!!
    so let the jokes begin!!!
    slit,slit,slit!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    drymount him

hahaha oh my god this literally made me laugh out loud...its 1 am here. people are pissed I think :lol:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    take the morning after pill? ;)

awful story btw... don't you have an address for him? If i did i'd just send him a letterbomb. either that or report to the police as its theft.

A girl from the town where I live has just been found guilty of something very similar to this... she took money for festival tickets she never had. boom... police got her.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    I hope Tyler comes good here,

Im of the type that always believes in the good of people....so im crossing my fingers that he puts this right

Otherwise i thought he was in the wishlist foundation....maybe try and contact him through them guys too
  • Options
    I also got screwed by LUKINREPRISE.

He made up a lot of excuses why he could not send the stuff i ordered sooner, so I did trust him.
    But since he did not answer for more than one month now, and others have this problem too, I'm sure I'll never see my stuff.
  • Options
    And herein lies the reason there is no buy/sell/trade forum on this site.
  • Options

Thats probably not why...in any trading/buying/selling forum its at your own risk. People want the forum to clear up the other boards, not so that 10c could be responsible.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options

Thats probably not why...in any trading/buying/selling forum its at your own risk. People want the forum to clear up the other boards, not so that 10c could be responsible.

Yes I do understand this and agree it would be great to have such a board, but every time something like this happens the call would go out to the 10c to get involved or ban a member or so-on.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717

Yes I do understand this and agree it would be great to have such a board, but every time something like this happens the call would go out to the 10c to get involved or ban a member or so-on.

absolutelty right

and its not as if they dont have enough whining to deal with already...

everybody come to PJcollectors when wanting to trade/sell...but please respect the rules
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    drymount him

couldn't have said it better myself
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    How sad is it when you are better off buying a poster from Ebay than you are from right here in the Pit? Fucking sad state of affairs around here lately.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,245
    dunkman wrote:
    A girl from the town where I live has just been found guilty of something very similar to this... she took money for festival tickets she never had. boom... police got her.
    Boom and the police got her?
    That Boom is really serious when it comes to fans not getting ripped off.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

What a sweet thing to do.
    yes, what a really nice person :D makes the world a better place
    I was thinking that to me it sometimes seems obvious that someone is on the lamb here- selling stuff but its a name not well known with almost no posts and maybe have a boo whoo story. I don't know if this was the case this time but I have seen some stuff like that. Scoundrels. Be careful who you trust
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    I'm in the asme boat as the OP. If you look at Lukinreprise's 'Viewing profile', he hasn't visited the forum since he posted a thread on 15 January apologising to people who hadn't received their packages, and promising to re-send them. He hasn't replied to pm's or emails.

It seems that there have been a lot of people who have yet to receive their purchases, and it has been two months or more since most of us ordered. A real pity, and certainly will make me think twice about using the forum for buying from fellow members, even though I have had a good experience here too. I agree with pdalowsky that the benefit of the doubt should be extended, but it's hard to see a positive outcome to this one.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Boom and the police got her?
    That Boom is really serious when it comes to fans not getting ripped off.

well Stone was busy tickling salmon, so Boom stepped in.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Kinsey wrote:
    'If you look at Lukinreprise's 'Viewing profile', he hasn't visited the forum since he posted a thread on 15 January apologising to people who hadn't received their packages, and promising to re-send them. He hasn't replied to pm's or emails..

Maybe something's happened to him. You never know. He could be seriously ill in hospital.
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    I was expecting something else based on the thread title . . . so disappointing ;)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,075

Wow. What a cool thing to do. This is well said. Acts of random kindness like this are what keep me coming back to this site everyday.
  • Options
    nevmiles wrote:
    I was expecting something else based on the thread title . . . so disappointing ;)

That cracked me up...I just spat my lunch out!! :D
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    nevmiles wrote:

haha, me too! :lol:
    And, hey Jimmy Cashew, we must be cousins! ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    nevmiles wrote:

haha, me too! :lol:
    And, hey Jimmy Cashew, we must be cousins! ;)

not cousins, but you're clearly both nuts. :thumbup: