Options

Veteran's day Wishlist signed McCready Poster

zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Next Wednesday is Veteran's Day November 11th. Some of you may know that the wishlist foundation helps our troops overseas with basic goods that they need while serving. As a Veteran I would like to raise money for this cause. Everyone who donates any amount over 10 dollars before midnight Saturday will recieve a gift from the Philly shows (I sent out about 20 PinkPop DVDs for Free during the Summer). This money will be PayPal'd straight to Elwayvedder (but I will do all the work) to help the Wishlist Foundation. Anyone who doubts my intentions please refer to the Philly Pre Party donation list under zappa99. I donated everything I could.

Please rememeber that our service members are you and me, the same age, our friends, our brothers and sisters, but for some reasons, which maybe crazy, they decided to serve our country. Don't take this for granted. Please help out. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

My Email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:scotdecaire@yahoo.com">scotdecaire@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> for PayPal.

I don't seem to be getting peoples addresses from paypal so if you make a donation please PM me your address so I can mail your free gift.

A second raffle item has be added a Promo Ten Basketball LP Donated by my brother-in-law. First Place gets the choice of the Poster or the Lp. Second Place gets the extra item.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,240
    edited November 2009
    BTW FREE MEAL for all active duty military and veterans................

http://www.applebees.com/vetsday/

:D
    Post edited by Ernie Vedder on
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    Yep I get a free meal but how does that help our brothers in Iraq and afghanistan? The ten dollars you send will be worth what you receive. Its like PBS.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    zappa99 wrote:
    Next Wednesday is Veteran's Day November 11th. Some of you may know that the wishlist foundation helps our troops overseas with basic goods that they need with suppies they need while serving. As a Veteran I would like to raise money for this cause. Everyone who donates any amount over 10 dollars before Saturday will recieve a gift from the Philly shows (I sent out about 20 PinkPop DVDs for Free during the Summer). This money will be PayPal'd straight to Elwayvedder (but I will do all the work) to help the Wishlist Foundation. Anyone who doubts my intentions please refer to the Philly Pre Party donation list under zappa99. I donated everything I could.

Please rememeber that our service members are you and me, the same age, our friends, our brothers, but for some reasons, which maybe crazy, they decided to serve our country. Don't take this for granted. Please help out. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

My Email address is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:scotdecaire@yahoo.com">scotdecaire@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> for PayPal.

This is great zappa. I am a veteran as well. Proudly served. Thank you for you're service. I will PM you to get the details.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I will even include a Shadow 86 Jimi Hendix Poster by dumbgum by lottery to anyone who donates.
  • Options
    An extremely important cause! Donation sent...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    donation sent.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Same here,I am an OEF/OIF Veteran, Former Navy Corpsman served alongside with The Marines, but I am sending in my donation right now =)

support the troops
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that the poster is signed by McCready in silver ink.
  • Options
    PA-RVMPA-RVM Posts: 158
    OEF veteran here. Donation sent
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I was a split op (I did basic training between my junior and summer year of high school) that bus ride home after basic training getting to listen to ten after 9 weeks after no music or Tv was like heaven. I cried when I heard Alive on my cassette walkman (Basic Training is pretty trauatic for a 17 teen year old junior).
    Post edited by zappa99 on
  • Options
    My donation is sent ;)
  • Options
    A chance for a signed Mike McCready poster and a guarenteed gift and 65 bucks is all I can get? I have a Beatles Metallic Emek (PME) poster on the way (it was 120 and alot of f5 hits to get), The first to donate 200 dollars its yours.
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    Donation sent! Thanks for taking the time to do this!
  • Options
    sent you an email
  • Options
    its 10 bucks. so out of the 113 people to view this 108 would not give help out a member of our armed forces?
  • Options
    c'mon people, its for the troops!
  • Options
    night one 85 dollars thanks lets keep it up.
  • Options
    How can someone say no to this? Donation sent!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    Thank you so much Zappa99. You have been extremely generous with your donations and time for this cause. It was a wonderful experience to meet and spend time with the YRC folks in Philly. I will be happy to donate to this cause. Just a suggestion but you guys may also want to post this on the Philly preparty thread as well for more exposure. Donation to follow. Thank you for everything you've done for the troops - past, present, and future.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,368
    As a Vet, I appreciate causes like this. Donation sent.

Thank you to all the troops, past, present, and future.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Hey Scot, Fair play to ya...donation sent :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Here is a link to the McCready Poster.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/86399

Up to 155 dollars. Thanks.
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    zappa99 wrote:
    Here is a link to the McCready Poster.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/86399

Up to 155 dollars. Thanks.

I love this poster even without Mikes sig :lol:
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Bumping up for a great cause!
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Anybody who already Donated who would like their free gift please PM me your address, so I can mail it out I only had addresses two from PayPal. Thanks
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,075
    Awesome thing you got goin here Scot.

For those who contributed in some fashion- thank you! Just to give you an idea of how your money is being used, here's an example:

There's a member on this forum who has a son overseas, protecting our freedoms. Long story longer and we got a big bunch of stuff and sent it over to his son and his entire platoon making our Pearl Jam fan over there the most popular guy in his platoon. May he come home now, safe and sound. Let them all come home now, safe and sound.
    -EV
  • Options
    Cool :mrgreen:
  • Options
    To the five guys I had address for I mailed out your stuff this afternoon. (Damn you Irish Al and your international shipping ;) Everyone else I'm telling you what you get free mailed to you is worth your ten bucks. Plus a chance at the signed McCready Poster and you help our troops its a win win situation.
  • Options
    Thank you to Golf211 for your very generous donation. Its amazing how many former current armed forces members are on this board.
  • Options
    I'm sure many of us have or know folks serving and they need everyday items like batteries that help keep them safe and sane at night. If you can't make ten give five. Every bit helps. Thanks Zappa99.