Options

PHILLY 3 AND 4 POSTERS

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
edited November 2009 in The Porch
i have both coming in the mail. not my style at all. anyone interested?
Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stupid cartoon posters are... well... i mean... stupid?
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    i'll take the worst ever klausen over this garbage anyday. how do people like this set. it's a amazing. they are awful.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

PM Sent
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    I am interested if you still have them.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I might be interested in Philly 3.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    this thread is useless without pictures
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    this thread is useless without pictures

Considering the shows haven't happened yet, there are not any pictures to be posted.
  • Options
    I have been to close to 40 shows, yet I dont have 1 poster hanging on my walls. So I decided I was going to buy the posters from the 2 Philly shows I am attending this weekend. I was really looking forward to it. Was going to spend some money and have them framed nice.

Then I saw the posters for nights 1 & 2......

YIKES!!!!

Needless to say....

I will not be spending any money on posters in Philly.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Anyone over the age of 30...

Who actually buys those posters and hangs them on their wall.....Needs some serious help....

Or still lives in their parents basement.....

hehehehehehehe..................
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I wouldn't put these posters up because I think they are awful but I do have some that I hope to EVENTUALLY put up. I only have an audioslave and eddie vedder solo poster hung up on the walls. When we eventually move to a bigger place I plan to fill up my small office with some of my fav posters from the shows I have been to.

I agree that I need help :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I have been to close to 40 shows, yet I dont have 1 poster hanging on my walls. So I decided I was going to buy the posters from the 2 Philly shows I am attending this weekend. I was really looking forward to it. Was going to spend some money and have them framed nice.

Then I saw the posters for nights 1 & 2......

YIKES!!!!

Needless to say....

I will not be spending any money on posters in Philly.......

Yeah they're pretty bad. I always get disappointed when I go to a show and see a poster I wouldn't want up on my walls.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Did Tom Tomorrow do all 4 nights????
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Did Tom Tomorrow do all 4 nights????

Yes.
  • Options
    Tom Tomorrow:
    About those posters

In response to a number of questions, yes I did a series of four posters for the Philly shows this week which will form one large scene when placed next to each other (though with gaps left in the images between each poster so they don’t have to be jammed right up against each other to look right, if that makes sense).

Since these were for a series of shows the week of Halloween, my idea was to have a giant retro pop-culture costume-party theme — superheroes, robots, space people, monsters, etc., along with a number of band-related/requested “cameos” in the background, all (at least in my mind’s eye) comprising the audience to the last shows at the Spectrum.

The trick was to design four posters which would each stand alone, would work as a larger image when the full set was displayed together, and would work when displayed in sets of two or three. I knew that some people would be attending all four shows and I wanted to create something special for them, but I didn’t want anyone who could only attend one or two shows feeling that they “had” to get the entire set.

As for questions about a signed and numbered edition of the set — definitely not until after the New Year. I’m still recuperating from the Chicago poster sale.

Also: apparently the images are also being used on shirts. Last night was the first I’d heard about that. I guess you can form a larger image with those as well, if you get three other friends together and each wear a different night’s shirt …
  • Options

Who actually buys those posters and hangs them on their wall.....Needs some serious help....

I thought they looked cool with the 50's style batman. Night two did not look as good. And chill with the anyone who likes comics is a nerd shit.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

:lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    You guys are brutal.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    I don't like the cartoon posters either.
    also i still need to get a poster from seattle, waiting for the 10c sale.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    edited October 2009

Or still lives in their parents basement.
    Frank Zappa said a mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if its not open. Liking a particular form of art has nothing to do with a person's lifestyle. IMO poking fun at a person's choice,only makes your point completely moot.
    Post edited by Tuolumne Mama on
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    I'll take night 3...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    for those moaning and complaining- have you seen these in person yet? There's so much to look at and digest and the colors work well. I am not a poster freak but these are pretty neat and different and I cant imagine the hard work and time put into these posters.
  • Options

Or still lives in their parents basement.
    Frank Zappa said a mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if its not open. Liking a particular form of art has nothing to do with a person's lifestyle. IMO poking fun at a person's choice,only makes your point completely moot.
    Frank Zappa also told us "Dont eat the yellow snow"

Frank was very good at giving us info on life's lessons...
  • Options
    Yes Frank was a very smart man and a brilliant musical artist. However, 'yellow snow' was a satirical lyric in a song, similar to TomT's wit and humor,the other a quote made during Tipper Gore's inane crusade to ban freedom of speech in an artist's lyrics which I recall Pearl Jam maintained a similar position as Frank against sanitizing lyrics.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    Yes Frank was a very smart man and a brilliant musical artist. However, 'yellow snow' was a satirical lyric in a song, similar to TomT's wit and humor,the other a quote made during Tipper Gore's inane crusade to ban freedom of speech in an artist's lyrics which I recall Pearl Jam maintained a similar position as Frank against sanitizing lyrics.
    I still dont like comic books...
    And I am not hanging up any posters, with batman, or superman, on my wall.......

Frank also named is kid's Moon and Dweezil......Enough said...

hehehehehehe
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    The Philly posters are AWESOME!! I love them.

I can't understand how anyone could hate these, or be so upset by them...

Jesus Christ!!were you guys ever young? do have a sense of humor?

They don't all have to have deep artistic statements about politics, existentialism, and the rights of Montana fly fisherman.

The fucking posters are FUN so lighten up!!!

Personally, I'm digging the Pop Culture/Backspacer references...picking out who's in the crowd -It reminds me of the Sgt Pepper album cover.

These posters are cool as shit and I'd most definately hang them on my wall -right beside my fucking
    NEO CON posters from the VOTE FOR CHANGE TOUR-

So put that in your ass pipe and smoke it.

See you out there.
  • Options
    You're entitled to your opinion, like arseholes everyone has one. My point to you is we are all entitled to like what we like but that doesn't mean a difference makes either a lesser person and made your derogatory comments about people that like the genre moot. It's my understanding that one of PJ's daughters' middle name is Moon, which I see nothing wrong with as names are the parent's choice and not for me to judge, if that was a point you were making using 2 of Frank's children's names in your post.

• Options
    You're entitled to your opinion, like arseholes everyone has one. My point to you is we are all entitled to like what we like but that doesn't mean a difference makes either a lesser person and made your derogatory comments about people that like the genre moot. It's my understanding that one of PJ's daughters' middle name is Moon, which I see nothing wrong with as names are the parent's choice and not for me to judge, if that was a point you were making using 2 of Frank's children's names in your post.

My point???

I dont like the Philly posters....

Thats all....

And you are right, like assholes everyone has one....

But I dont have any comic books...or Star Wars figures....and I have never watched one episode of Star Trek....
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453

Anyone who hangs any PJ posters in a room in their home other than the basement also needs some serious help. Unless you are in college ;)
  • Options
    EP1973EP1973 Posts: 112
    If everyone is just gonna bitch and complain about the posters, maybe the band should just quit selling posters unique to each gig...might quell the self importance and entitlement that permeates from the majority of the posters on this board...not all, but the majority.
  • Options
    EP1973 wrote:
    If everyone is just gonna bitch and complain about the posters, maybe the band should just quit selling posters unique to each gig...might quell the self importance and entitlement that permeates from the majority of the posters on this board...not all, but the majority.
    Lighten up...

These are posters with pictures of Batman and Robin that we are talking about.....

Self importancce and entitlement??? That would be in the 10club ticket thread.......