Options

I left my heart in San Francicso

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
just booked airfar for our summer vacation.

sooooooooo

any recomondations outside of the bridge and prison. Beer is a good thing.

anybody got an extra car i can borrow?

or would you like to house swap and stay in the Chicago burbs for a week and live the life of 81? :lol:
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ur fucked you will never want to leave
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'm just crossing my fingers for no earth quakes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    looking at cars rentals on priceline. 498 per day for everything thru national :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    What dates will you be here? What kinds of things do you want to do? Are you a foodie? Drinker? Nature enthusiast? Wino? You like tourist activities? Segways? If you give me some details on what you're looking for I'm happy to give you some tips. This city is my bitch. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    redwoods
    napa
    Monterey
  • Options
    we'll be there the last week of june.

i like beer, she likes shopping. we both like good food at a decent price (one fancy dinner). she likes seafood, i can tolerate a little fish, but prefer real food. :lol:

we don't do tourist tours. ie you won't find us on the buses/seagways

i'm sure we will hit a muesum, and the trolly cars.

we haven't even started research yet. only booked the tickets becasue they were cheap.

i do need to know....what's the medical situation like. ie is it a major issue to get a medical card without being an cali resident? hehe. oh yeah....it's on, and what are the rules on medication :lol:

how is public transit. i was thinking of renting a car for a few days to do a couple of day trips, but wasn't planning on having one the entire time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    redwoods
    napa
    Monterey

love me some mountains
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Public Transportation is pretty good in SF. I'd say you'll be fine without a car.
    Have a blast!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I'll PM you some recommendations for restaurants, shopping, museums, bars, mountains etc. You should go to a Giants game if you are into baseball. You should go to a Giants game if you are not into baseball. A few days with a car is fine if you are going to do napa, redwoods, etc. If you are planning on just staying in the city you won't need a car. Public transit is pretty decent.

not sure of the medical situation for out of staters- I'll find out. I'm happy to hook you up though. :mrgreen:

You are never going to want to leave. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    :mrgreen:

you are a good egg

i had the giants on the list of things to do. looks like the host the indians and sunday would be the only date i could make it. ironically enough, they will be playing at wrigley that week :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,067
    Don't get a car in San Fran. Use public trans. Scariest place to drive in the U.S.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    pm me 81 i have you giants tic for one day
  • Options
    yeah unless you're planning on taking side trips, a car really isn't necessary...if you plan on venturing into scary oakland (j/k, it's not scary at all) you can stop by my restaurant and I'll give you guys the straight hookup... :)

I'll PM you a few restaurants/sights that I've found to be fun times, if you'd like suggestions. you will love it here!
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    FISHERMAN'S WHARF...
    AQUARIUM BY THE BAY IS RIGHT NEXT TO IT..AWESOME (u can pet sharks 8-) )

stay away from the cable cars ..very overrated and uncomfy

union square is good ....wait for mikey in front of macy's :mrgreen:

be prepared for mega homeless...very sad

take a boat trip under the golden gate bridge and be amazed at the change in water conditions

go see pearl jam 3 x..oh wait that was 06
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Walk. SF is a fabulous place.
    Do the night time Alcatraz trip.
    Hire a couple of bikes and cycle over the bridge down into Sausalito, mooch about and get the ferry back.
    I know you don't do tourist things and we don't either but we did a trip on a fire engine. The old couple that did this were nutters and we had a real laugh. Not sure if this is still happening as they were both quite old.
    There was also a bar near the Wharf that had blues bands playing.

Ignore anyone that approaches you.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Sf was an awesome trip for us

got a limo... I highly recommend, worth every cent cruisin around...fun on the hills drinking champagne in the back watching the sunset 8-)

We went to the Phoenix Hotel reputed to have been where PJ stayed long ago.

The limo driver thought it not the best side of town and could not understand the appeal.
    I guess not a fan.

We went to the bar...very cool retro.... I could have stayed all night....
    especially dreaming of eddie walking in ;)
    guess we stayed too long... the driver came in looking for us to see if we were ok.
    Or if we had snuck out the back! :lol:

Then we got tossed out of Chinese restaurant cause JB called the owner by his first name

well, it was on his shirt :?

anywho SF is a gas...lots of cool history but I was disappointed in the wharf,
    seemed very "Wisconsin Dell-ish", not sure what I was expecting
    felt sorry for the seals

I was also on the chilled side..all relaxed from the wine country...
    just being back in a city hit me like a brick.

Check out the wine country if you have time it is awesomely beautiful
    and for sure go to Muir woods and pretend to be a Hobbit!
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

got a limo... I highly recommend, worth every cent cruisin around...fun on the hills drinking champagne in the back watching the sunset 8-)

The limo driver thought it not the best side of town and could not understand the appeal.
    I guess not a fan.

guess we stayed too long... the driver came in looking for us to see if we were ok.

Then we got tossed out of Chinese restaurant cause JB called the owner by his first name

felt sorry for the seals

what would you expect at the wharf? its a tourist spot...
    go there look around and have some lunch..maybe check out the weiland gallery
    it is what it is
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

I guess not a fan.

felt sorry for the seals

what would you expect at the wharf? its a tourist spot...
    go there look around and have some lunch..maybe check out the weiland gallery
    it is what it is
    I expected quaint...wharf...quaint seaside...nothing like that
    very commercial filled with t-shirt shacks etc.. if you are expecting quaint get ready for a shock a roo
    and tons of people...tons and tons and tons
    lines everywhere
    like I said I was on a rolling hills wine chill... the wine country is something else...wonderful
    it's kind of like I imagine heaven to be ;)
  • Options
    nah pandora...nothing quaint about it...

as you know its right where the alcatraz ferries are ...very crowded yes ,but its still cool to check out ..imo

i love the water and fish so the aquarium was a must for me

plus on the particular day i went it was 85 and sunny with alittle ocean breeze.. totally perfect

81 seems like a people loving guy... :lol: so i'm sure he will like it
  • Options

as you know its right where the alcatraz ferries are ...very crowded yes ,but its still cool to check out ..imo

plus on the particular day i went it was 85 and sunny with alittle ocean breeze.. totally perfect

We visit aquariums each city we go to also...my favorite thing to do having had a saltwater tank for years.
    Boston's aquarium rocks!

We couldn't do alcatraz 10 day waiting list...buy tix in advance for sure
    couldn't get on a trolley car either so many waiting.

The memories I take from the San Fran area are great... we drove around one day...Haight-Ashbury area
    was cool...thinking of all the great musicians from when I was a kid. And those hilly streets are great!
    The chocolate is good there too.
  • Options
    jammergirl wrote:
    yeah unless you're planning on taking side trips, a car really isn't necessary...if you plan on venturing into scary oakland (j/k, it's not scary at all) you can stop by my restaurant and I'll give you guys the straight hookup... :)

I'll PM you a few restaurants/sights that I've found to be fun times, if you'd like suggestions. you will love it here!

i love a good hookup.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

We visit aquariums each city we go to also...my favorite thing to do having had a saltwater tank for years.
    Boston's aquarium rocks!

We couldn't do alcatraz 10 day waiting list...buy tix in advance for sure
    couldn't get on a trolley car either so many waiting.

The memories I take from the San Fran area are great... we drove around one day...Haight-Ashbury area
    was cool...thinking of all the great musicians from when I was a kid. And those hilly streets are great!
    The chocolate is good there too.

i didn't waste any time with alcatraz neither.. ive seen the inside of prison enough :? :mrgreen:

and as for the trolley ..got on 1 stop..was stuck in the middle like a bug..went 1 stop up a steep ass hill ..was holding on for dear life :lol: rang the bell ..said fuck this ..got off..jumped in a cab to the wharf :lol:
  • Options
    good info

alcatraz is a must see, didn't realize they had a 10 day waiting list. will buy that asap.

i didn't think the wharf would be good for anything but a quick see and leave.

gotta have a car for a few days to drive the crooked street.

i'm totally putting together a Clark Griswald schedule for this trip. monday 10am. hit the wharf. monday 10:15am, have a beer. monday 11am, have breakfast. oh wait.. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    If you go to a Giants game (which I highly recommend as it's a beautiful ballpark) hit up a microbrewery called 21st Amendment. It's just a couple blocks away. They brew about a dozen or so beers that are delicious!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    81 seems like a people loving guy...

:?

:lol:

i tolerate you fuckers. :P i can deal with people, so long as they stay away from me. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    If you go to a Giants game (which I highly recommend as it's a beautiful ballpark) hit up a microbrewery called 21st Amendment. It's just a couple blocks away. They brew about a dozen or so beers that are delicious!

now this man knows what i need. :mrgreen:

gonna hit up the sunday indians game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    Monterey

beautiful area...cannery row and the aquarium
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    good info

alcatraz is a must see, didn't realize they had a 10 day waiting list. will buy that asap.

i didn't think the wharf would be good for anything but a quick see and leave.

gotta have a car for a few days to drive the crooked street.

i'm totally putting together a Clark Griswald schedule for this trip. monday 10am. hit the wharf. monday 10:15am, have a beer. monday 11am, have breakfast. oh wait.. :lol:

wait till you try and park on a roller coaster hill :lol:

oh and little italy and chinatown were pretty cool ..had a good meal or 5 :mrgreen:
  • Options
    parking on hills is easy. turn the wheels in and put on the parking brake. the harder thing to do is get going with a manual transmission. ok, it's not really hard, but i'm guessing the clutch wouldn't last as long.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    parking on hills is easy. turn the wheels in and put on the parking brake. the harder thing to do is get going with a manual transmission. ok, it's not really hard, but i'm guessing the clutch wouldn't last as long.

very good mister 81