Options

The 2013-14 NBA season

8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Ready....go.
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    No Suns, no me.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    the sun has set on the Suns.

I don't know why, but i keep thinking Heat in the east. it pains me, but i can see them turning it up a notch and going on a mission. i think the east comes down to the bulls and heat. boston is old and washed up, orlando and atlanta are both pretenders

the west is wide open with 4 teams having a solid shot (sa, la, dallas, and okc).

i think the who ever comes out of the east takes it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Forgot about the Bulls, I do like them too and agree, the Heat could take it, but that's if they work together. Big egos sometimes don't like playing together.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    okc vs. chi final ...

west is wide open ... anyone but miami in the east ... please!
  • Options
    Knicks vs Celtics can't get any better than that :)

GO KNICKS

and GO OKC!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 225
    I don't have the highest of expectations, but I would love to see my Trail Blazers surprise everyone and go deeper than anyone expected them to.
  • Options
    P23JP23J Posts: 103
    Ceeeelllts!

I know they've stumbled down the stretch but that doesn't mean I can't be a huge homer and say I still think the wiley veterans have a chance!
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Pistons!! oh wait.. they sucked this year..anyone but the Heat, fuck 'em
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options

you'd think they'd fire the coach already. he blows. as does charlie. dumars screwed the pooch when he traded billups
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

you'd think they'd fire the coach already. he blows. as does charlie. dumars screwed the pooch when he traded billups
    I think once the new owner comes in, the coach will be gone.. I don't think Tayshaun or Rip are coming back next year either.. up in the air with this team.. Remember when Dumars took Darko? we could have gotten Dwayne Wade as I recall..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I think once the new owner comes in, the coach will be gone.. I don't think Tayshaun or Rip are coming back next year either.. up in the air with this team.. Remember when Dumars took Darko? we could have gotten Dwayne Wade as I recall..

can do that what if's on draft picks.

i don't prince being back. rip is still under contract i think for one more season. he wants his money, so he'll be back until the trade deadline.

wallace is talking retirement for the 5th year in a row.

time to blow it up and start over.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    P23JP23J Posts: 103
    81 wrote:

Carmelo, Bosch or Wade. Eeeeeeeeeesh.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I wouldn't be totally shocked if dumars gets the boot too
  • Options
    djjazzy276 wrote:
    I don't have the highest of expectations, but I would love to see my Trail Blazers surprise everyone and go deeper than anyone expected them to.

I love this team. LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE IS A FUCKING BEAST!! Gerald Wallace is a new man since the trade from Charlotte. Camby, Batum, and Andre Miller still has it in him. IMAGINE if...big if....IF Brandon Roy and Greg Oden were healthy...this would be the best team in the NBA.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    djjazzy276 wrote:

I love this team. LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE IS A FUCKING BEAST!! Gerald Wallace is a new man since the trade from Charlotte. Camby, Batum, and Andre Miller still has it in him. IMAGINE if...big if....IF Brandon Roy and Greg Oden were healthy...this would be the best team in the NBA behind the Bulls.

and if Sam Bowie wasn't drafted..... :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    I am really looking forward to the eastern conference playoffs, lots of heavyweights duking it out, gonna be fun. I'm gonna stick to my preseason picks of the Lakers and Heat meeting in the Finals. I still can't jump onto Chicago's bandwagon, the Celtics traded away any chance they had with Perkins, San Antonio is too old, the Mavs are just not good enough, we all gave OKC a bit too much hype in the preseason and Orlando is overrated.

Lakers/Heat, book it. Though it would tickle me pink to see Miami blow it somewhere before the Finals.

Go Lakers!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    polaris_x wrote:
    okc vs. chi final ...

west is wide open ... anyone but miami in the east ... please!

i'd love to see durant in the finals. this is the first time in a long time i've actually had some interest in the nba playoffs, other than the sixers usally short stint.

assuming all top seeds advance, the 2nd round in the east will be pretty fucking cool. bulls vs magic, heat vs celts.

i wanna see my sixers make it a series with the heat. been realistic and consistent all year and they've met my expectations. so winning a couple games here would be nice. need lou and iguadala healthy to any shot at that obviously.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    sixers are going to get thumped.

i think atlanta can beat orlando. the magic are the weakest of the top 4 seeds in either confrence.

okc will be interesting. could they be the baltimore ravens of the nba? leave a city than win a championship shortly after the move? ouch.

i think all top teams out west are overrated. i see SA and Dallas getting bounced, which leaves LA and they are very beatable.

champion comes from the East this year.

Lets go Bulls
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    love the avatar pic of the girlfriend 81 ;) :P
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    DA BULLS
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    sixers are going to get thumped.

i think atlanta can beat orlando. the magic are the weakest of the top 4 seeds in either confrence.

okc will be interesting. could they be the baltimore ravens of the nba? leave a city than win a championship shortly after the move? ouch.

i think all top teams out west are overrated. i see SA and Dallas getting bounced, which leaves LA and they are very beatable.

champion comes from the East this year.

Lets go Bulls

i think atlanta sucks. sixers and knicks are both better than them. magic in 6, maybe 5 in that one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    love the avatar pic of the girlfriend 81 ;) :P

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i think atlanta sucks. sixers and knicks are both better than them. magic in 6, maybe 5 in that one.

atlanta has better talent than what their record indicates. they don't have big guy to deal with howard, but they have enough wings/guards to shut down the 3pt shooting. Atlanta can win it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    looking at ticket prices....it'd be worth driving to Indy for the game next sat. 245 for a seat a couple of rows off the floor at the fieldhouse, vs. 400 for a similiar seat at the UC. (lower level on the sides) in the corners lower level its 268 vs. 115
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    where is the fixer with the series odds?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

atlanta has better talent than what their record indicates. they don't have big guy to deal with howard, but they have enough wings/guards to shut down the 3pt shooting. Atlanta can win it.

i realize they have talent, i just don't think they're a good team . been blown out way too many times for a team with that kind of talent.

-5 margin in their last 21 games (23rd in league)...talk about backing into the playoffs. i don't see orlando losing.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i agree on teh talent/team thing...hence the comment on talent/record thing. if they get their head stuck on right, they can beat orlando team. they need a better coach. bad call swapping coachs over the summer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i agree on teh talent/team thing...hence the comment on talent/record thing. if they get their head stuck on right, they can beat orlando team. they need a better coach. bad call swapping coachs over the summer.

judging by their play over the last few months, i'm actually surprised their recrord isn't worse. luckily they got off to a hot start. they were awful in the 2nd half.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    K_jamK_jam Posts: 137
    i say lakers vs bulls in the final

GO THE SONICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    well the rain is supposed to come in around noon time. the grass has been mowed.

nothing else to do but sit back and watch sports all day long.

go sixers! :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg