mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

You started the thread in Feb 2017.  
    I highly doubt he is getting impeached. 
    Impeached or not, do You (still) think he should be there?
    Hell no. However I do think he s gonna win a second term.  

Then your country is f**king useless.
    Nah, Just a little lost. It s ok because we ll get the worst president out of the way. 

That's a 'glass half full' way of looking at things.

Come on, man.

Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me twice...
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

Nah, Just a little lost. It s ok because we ll get the worst president out of the way. 

Come on, man.

But the good news he can only fool us twice. I am a glass half full guy; little cab half full with some ice cubes. Oh baby. 
    But seriosuly, start training Michelle Obama. Who else do the dems have to run?

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    Smellyman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

I'm just wondering what is quite suddenly making everyone assume he's going to win a second term... It wasn't long ago at all that most people thought that was at least completely up in the air still, and possibly even quite unlikely. So wtf happened lately to convince everyone Trump's a lock, despite the massive opposition he faces from the majority of voters, and with approval ratings so low?
    Two years out and I don’t see anyone from the Democratic Party who can beat him. Corey booker?  Elizabeth Warren?  I honestly have no clue. If she had a day of experience I would run Michelle Obama. 
    Well I guess this is why I'm so confused. I mean, why in the hell do people think Trump is preferable to pretty much ANY feasible options???? That's a really fucked up turn of events, don't you think?! We're not talking about a regular bad president here. We're talking about a man who has had a member of his own administration state in the NYT that he is literally unable to perform his duties and that he is reasonably eligible for the 25th to be enacted against him, if only people had the balls to do it. And the man who is still conceivably a viable candidate for impeachment for crimes committed during his campaign.
    Sorry, but I think some people appear to be losing the plot here.
    I think part of the issue is that no matter how many times he lies, no matter how many allies he antagonizes, no matter how many dictators he develops crushes on, no matter how many cabinet members he burns through, no matter how many kids get separated from their parents, no matter how many agreements he breaks, no matter how racist, narcissistic or evil he's been, it doesn't seem to matter. He's got some sort of invincibility shield. I'm hoping the Mueller investigation becomes a tipping point after the mid-terms. But if the dems don't win the house majority, then I will be more inclined to resign myself to 4 more years of Trump. There should be shock and outrage at his behavior, the results of which should be massive voter turnout to express dissatisfaction. Instead, we'll probably get another light turnout and things will stay status quo.
    Of the trump supporters I talk to they all seem to like that trump says what we are thinking. He tells it like it is. 

He tells it like it isn't.

But when you're ignorant/racist/bigoted moron, you dig it.
    Del, these types of comments definitely don’t help the dems. If anything it gets the right more unified and pumped up to vote. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

I'm just wondering what is quite suddenly making everyone assume he's going to win a second term... It wasn't long ago at all that most people thought that was at least completely up in the air still, and possibly even quite unlikely. So wtf happened lately to convince everyone Trump's a lock, despite the massive opposition he faces from the majority of voters, and with approval ratings so low?
    Two years out and I don’t see anyone from the Democratic Party who can beat him. Corey booker?  Elizabeth Warren?  I honestly have no clue. If she had a day of experience I would run Michelle Obama. 
    Well I guess this is why I'm so confused. I mean, why in the hell do people think Trump is preferable to pretty much ANY feasible options???? That's a really fucked up turn of events, don't you think?! We're not talking about a regular bad president here. We're talking about a man who has had a member of his own administration state in the NYT that he is literally unable to perform his duties and that he is reasonably eligible for the 25th to be enacted against him, if only people had the balls to do it. And the man who is still conceivably a viable candidate for impeachment for crimes committed during his campaign.
    I think part of the issue is that no matter how many times he lies, no matter how many allies he antagonizes, no matter how many dictators he develops crushes on, no matter how many cabinet members he burns through, no matter how many kids get separated from their parents, no matter how many agreements he breaks, no matter how racist, narcissistic or evil he's been, it doesn't seem to matter. He's got some sort of invincibility shield. I'm hoping the Mueller investigation becomes a tipping point after the mid-terms. But if the dems don't win the house majority, then I will be more inclined to resign myself to 4 more years of Trump. There should be shock and outrage at his behavior, the results of which should be massive voter turnout to express dissatisfaction. Instead, we'll probably get another light turnout and things will stay status quo.
    Of the trump supporters I talk to they all seem to like that trump says what we are thinking. He tells it like it is. 

Del, these types of comments definitely don’t help the dems. If anything it gets the right more unified and pumped up to vote. 

So you need to 'finesse' the fools?

For my personal set of values... Trump is vile. I wouldn't vote for him if he was my uncle.

* You and your damn ice lol.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

So you need to 'finesse' the fools?

For my personal set of values... Trump is vile. I wouldn't vote for him if he was my uncle.

* You and your damn ice lol.
    The moronic 38% can't be helped as long us they are pumped full of Fox, Breitbart, Infowars and Drudge.

"Did you call me dumb?  Let me prove how dumb I am!  MAGA!"

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I think he’s going to win a second term. I am increasingly convinced that America won’t do the right thing and vote him out. If people still love him now, and clearly millions do, then I just shake my head. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    "THE FIELD"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

I think Don, Jr is going to be even worse.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

Lol

And there's the glass half empty response.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

Can felons be president?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268591/indictments-incoming
    You may want to review the use of a question mark vs the word “impending” when discussing a potential result.
    Good point. We should be desperately focused on semantics instead of humanitarian, national, international, global crises. Man, are my priorities fucked. 

Does anyone care that this divisiveness is going to likely destroy our species, or are we all just here for the show?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

I know he has some sort of popular appeal (although I don't understand it), but are they really thinking this through? Do they really have those racist thoughts? Is what he is saying and doing what they're really thinking? Do they really think that Lil' Kim and Vlad and Saudi crown princes are swell dudes? Do they really think trade wars (which will increase the price they pay for everything) are awesome? Are they really happy that income disparity continues to grow while wages (their own wages!) stagnate for most workers? Are they thrilled that he's limiting their ability to get affordable health insurance? I know there's some macho, tough-talking hero thing going on with some low-information voters and supporters of his, but I can't for the life of me figure out how intelligent people approve of his actions or words. He's tipped what it means to be a Republican on its head (protectionist economic policies, massive deficit spending, ignoring Saudi dismemberment of a US resident and journalist, befriending Soviet KGB operatives-cum-dictators to name just a few completely non-GOP positions). And the GOP congressional leadership just goes along with it as if they work for him. They've completely abdicated their responsibility to be a check on the executive. But Trump's supporters just lap this stuff up. I'm outraged, and as an ex-Republican, I don't understand what the GOP stands for anymore. I'm sure the GOP will turn itself into something else at some point, but I bailed when the Pat Robertson fundamentalist religious wackos took over the party in the 80's. Then the neocons seemed to control the party platform, then the Tea Party faction seemed to be in control. Now it has become the party of Trump. A cult of personality. So again, do they really think Trump tells it like it is? Trump doesn't read, doesn't care about facts, doesn't care about precedent, doesn't care about this country's status in the world. He cares about his own self-enrichment. That's why he's doing all of this. He doesn't have the interest of anyone but himself at heart. His low-information supporters don't seem to understand that he may say things they like to hear, but that he actively works on policy that hurts them in the wallet. #MAGA
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    Well, at least I’m not alone.

In what?

Driving around taking pictures instead of focusing on the road?
    Sitting at a green light for way too long cause you aren't paying attention?

Wait a minute....that car is in Ohio....kent area....you aren't up there are you...please tell me you stole this picture.  I'm going to Kent on Friday.
    Why do you assume I’m driving and what if I am in Ohio? Going to call the national guard?
    I thought it was pretty clear I was joking. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Assumptions, assumptions.....
    Wrong. A joke. Nice assumption.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Assumptions, assumptions.....
    Wrong. A joke. Nice assumption.
    I gotta say, your humour need some work, then ;) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

If anyone said that to me I'd automatically cut them out of my life as far as possible. It means they're total assholes and stupid too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

Come on, man.

Agreed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

In what?

Wait a minute....that car is in Ohio....kent area....you aren't up there are you...please tell me you stole this picture.  I'm going to Kent on Friday.
    Why do you assume I’m driving and what if I am in Ohio? Going to call the national guard?
    Just FWIW, I didn't either. You might want to consider using emojis what you're joking about something - they help, lol.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

In what?

Just FWIW, I didn't either. You might want to consider using emojis what you're joking about something - they help, lol.
    Probably so. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Oh how the caged bird sings. Manafort's sentencing scheduled for February 8th with no end in sight of his "cooperation." Tweet, tweet, Team Trump Treason (that's 5 Ts if you're keeping count at home).
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Seems the "I don't know any Russians," has been charged with a crime. Think she'll sing? Flip? Be pardoned? Offered witness protection? Have tea with putin on the ritz? Or disappear?

Elena Alekseevna Khusyaynova, 44, of St. Petersburg, Russia, is charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States for managing the financing of the social media troll operation that included the Internet Research Agency, which special counsel Robert Mueller's investigators charged with crimes earlier this year.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/politics/elena-alekseevna-khusyaynova-russia-charged/

Brilliantly disappearing brilliant headlines in all their brilliancy.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    "Adoptions." Suckers.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    72% of the voters in the initial poll have been eliminated.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2018
    benjs said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/268591/indictments-incoming
    You may want to review the use of a question mark vs the word “impending” when discussing a potential result.
    Good point. We should be desperately focused on semantics instead of humanitarian, national, international, global crises. Man, are my priorities fucked. 

Does anyone care that this divisiveness is going to likely destroy our species, or are we all just here for the show?
    I'm with ya. And not for the show.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

Yessir. And I've had that little 2019 thingy on each of my posts since. Gee, wonder why....
    Slow. Death. March.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    "THE FIELD"
    I think he’s going to win a second term. I am increasingly convinced that America won’t do the right thing and vote him out. If people still love him now, and clearly millions do, then I just shake my head. 

While he's been stuck at 42% approval for a long time, any other president with low unemployment would be near 60%, many do believe in his seductive powers for reelection.

A lot of flukey things went down for him to win last time. In 2020, hopefully we'll have 2 years of evidence presented by the House to make him look like the traitorous incompetent he is.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    "THE FIELD"
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    "Impending"

Come on, man.

But the good news he can only fool us twice. I am a glass half full guy; little cab half full with some ice cubes. Oh baby. 
    But seriosuly, start training Michelle Obama. Who else do the dems have to run?

You hope only twice. Many believe if reelected, he will never leave the WH.

The dems need someone who will look presidential bitch slapping trump on a daily basis

Unfortunately only Biden comes to mind
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I haven't seen any of the democrats running anything in their campaigns about impeachment so far in my area ... from parts unknown
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    "THE FIELD"
    Jason P said:
    I haven't seen any of the democrats running anything in their campaigns about impeachment so far in my area ... from parts unknown
    Well that wouldn't be very smart.  Not too many people want Trump impeached.  And, frankly, it's premature to call for it.  If Mueller's findings come out and impeachment is warranted, that's different.

Here in Minnesota, I see a lot of adds accusing people of being liberals.  Adds in only one race call out the Republican for loyalty to Trump.  Other than that, Trump has not been an overt factor.  Of course, the elephant is in the room.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Yet you know how many republicans wanted Obama impeached and campaigned for it.

It's laughable how corrupt the GOP is, but it's not funny.