Options

Will Trump comment on the poster?

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    No. And he will still listen to his favorite song "Sad" when no one is watching.
    PB11041 said:
    Um rule 7f clearly states you cant make fun of the band. That just sounds so cool.
    That is not why it got shut down.  Pretty clear why since the admins pointed it out.
    Even if it were, there is no relation to that and this poster. None. A more apt comparison to that thread being shut down would be Mike going to the White House, standing in Trump's bedroom as he tweeted in bed, and yelled insults at him.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    Ltrain72 said:
    The ones who ask for tolerance are usually the ones who are the most intolerant. In this case Eddie and crew prove that is correct. Been a fan for 26 years, been to dozens of shows, they have alienated me and many others with this crap. We all have a voice, but we all don't need to jam it down each others throat. PJ has used their power of their $$$ to do that in this case. I've lost a lot of respect for PJ
    The above is probably just a seagull, but I'll post this here here on the off chance they're willing to read, learn, and stop parroting this old line about "intolerance from the tolerant."

Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them... We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.

i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    No. And he will still listen to his favorite song "Sad" when no one is watching.
    he doesn't know who pearl jam is. 

and they are white. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yes. Maybe ending his tweet with a "Sad!"
    I can imagine him tweeting about it, if he even comprehends what the poster is all about!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    Where’s the hypocrisy? 

Level of criticism the band can dish out vs level of criticism they can take
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    man you're salty about that thread huh
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    This is tolerant????   Sad is right.  

Before you pile on me as a Trump supporter.  No I did not vote in the last election. Nor did I in the past 4.  Maybe I will someday when there’s a candidate worth voting for.  There’s shit on both sides. Ignoring that is well.... Sad 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    edited August 2018
    With each post, the value of this print increases.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    ^^^As an outside observer, I find the fact that you don't vote sad. For a country that touts freedom as much as the US, it is ridiculous that only 58% of the voting-elibable population voted in 2016. Canada's not much better, but when you think about countries that can't vote (where people would love the privilege to vote (i.e. Saudi Arabia, Cuba, North Korea, etc.), it is sad that you choose not to. 

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/05/21/u-s-voter-turnout-trails-most-developed-countries/
    https://www.quora.com/Which-countries-do-not-have-a-democratic-government
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited August 2018
    People that hold a rock band to a higher standard that the President really confuse me. Trump can ridicule a handicap man, parents of a slain soldier, a POW, kidnap babies from their parents; and that must be ok in your eyes because he’s the President? But a band and an artist went too far? Tell me, did you quit the Ted Nugent fan club when he said Hillary can suck his rifle barrel or say he would end up in jail for doing something if Obama were elected? 
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    Post it on his account and he will
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,629
    CW55354 said:
    People that hold a rock band to a higher standard that the President really confuse me. Trump can ridicule a handicap man, parents of a slain soldier, a POW, kidnap babies from their parents; and that must be ok in your eyes because he’s the President? But a band and an artist went too far? Tell me, did you quit the Ted Nugent fan club when he said Hillary can suck his rifle barrel or say he would end up in jail for doing something if Obama were elected? 
    Apparently an artistic commentary on trump’s intolerance, harm if others, and incompetency is viewed as intolerant by others. Go figure. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    This is tolerant????   Sad is right.  

Before you pile on me as a Trump supporter.  No I did not vote in the last election. Nor did I in the past 4.  Maybe I will someday when there’s a candidate worth voting for.  There’s shit on both sides. Ignoring that is well.... Sad 
    With all due respect, If you didn't vote, you have forfeited your right to criticize how others use their voice and art to admonish this dumpster fire of an administration. You're part of the problem. Maybe you should have "rocked the vote". Get involved and do your homework on the candidates. None of them are perfect, but it isn't hard to find one who shares at least some views and stances on issues you value. Quit acting like you have some higher moral standard and don't vote because the candidates weren't worthy. All of us lowly bottom feeders with no dignity obviously don't compare; Rats!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    Eventually he'll let something slip in public.  He can't help himself, he's Trump.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,018
    edited August 2018
    Ltrain72 said:
    The ones who ask for tolerance are usually the ones who are the most intolerant.
    Being tolerant =/= supporting intolerance 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    I have registered to vote in the past year. 

MW, plum I agree with you it is sad.  

Tbergs, you make some fair points. Perhaps I should’ve done more research and found enough common ground with one of the candidates to choose. Rather than get disgusted.

But I don’t think I’m above anyone. I don’t think that’s fair to me  And I’m always going to speak my mind regardless of weather I voted or not.  
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    I have registered to vote in the past year. 

MW, plum I agree with you it is sad.  

Tbergs, you make some fair points. Perhaps I should’ve done more research and found enough common ground with one of the candidates to choose. Rather than get disgusted.

But I don’t think I’m above anyone. I don’t think that’s fair to me  And I’m always going to speak my mind regardless of weather I voted or not.  
    I appreciate this response.  And everyone should, it is rationale and not belittling anyone.  In the meantime, look beyond the duopoly of Democrat and Republican if they are keeping you on the sidelines.  Maybe there is a viewpoint or party that speaks to you, and don't let anyone tell you that you are "wasting your vote" because an alternative party can't win.  That is not the point of the debate anyhow.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Didn't realize there was anything left that Trump didn't comment on.  Two nights ago he tweeted something about my toe nail.