Options

2018 Year of the Woman

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    brianlux said:
    If more world leaders were female would there be no wars?
    Maybe not!
    "between 1480 and 1913, Europe’s queens were 27% more likely than its kings to wage war"

"European queenly reigns from 1480 to 1913 and found a 27 percent increase in wars when a queen was in power, as compared to the reign of a king."

Very interesting. Who would've thought.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    ... woman politicians are just as evil and corrupt as men ... just entering politicians means you support corruption.
    Just thought that because they are less aggressive than men we would have no wars.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827
    ... woman politicians are just as evil and corrupt as men ... just entering politicians means you support corruption.

So, just to be totally clear - you're saying that every single politician is corrupt?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

So, just to be totally clear - you're saying that every single politician is corrupt?
    Any body who can vote themselves a raise in a job that is supported by taxpayers are corrupt, that also applies to raising taxes.  Politicians salaries and taxes should be voted on by direct democracy...maybe you need to be reminded we ARE the  employer, not the fucking politicians...these corrupt bastards need to ask the people more often.  And don't kid yourself these politicians are laughing at you all the way to the bank ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722

Any body who can vote themselves a raise in a job that is supported by taxpayers are corrupt, that also applies to raising taxes.  Politicians salaries and taxes should be voted on by direct democracy...maybe you need to be reminded we ARE the  employer, not the fucking politicians...these corrupt bastards need to ask the people more often.  And don't kid yourself these politicians are laughing at you all the way to the bank ...
    I think what you're saying, Meltdown, generally is true although I would say that, because there are over a half million elected officials in the U.S., I would think there have to be some politicians that are not corrupt.

But then follow my logic and tell me where it fails:  A great many people believe politicians are corrupt and yet they go out and vote these corrupt people into office.  If we are the employer, and we are hiring these officials by voting them in, then is it not the responsibility of the voting public that we have corrupt politicians?  And we keep doing this over and over again.  We must be really fucking stupid employers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

I think what you're saying, Meltdown, generally is true although I would say that, because there are over a half million elected officials in the U.S., I would think there have to be some politicians that are not corrupt.

But then follow my logic and tell me where it fails:  A great many people believe politicians are corrupt and yet they go out and vote these corrupt people into office.  If we are the employer, and we are hiring these officials by voting them in, then is it not the responsibility of the voting public that we have corrupt politicians?  And we keep doing this over and over again.  We must be really fucking stupid employers!
    I'm just not feeling it...I am really not, government no longer works for the people...but thats just me, I'm very cynical ... I spent 25 years in maintenance at a school board ... trust me, there are efficiencies to be had ... one school they spent over 5 million in new plumbing and heating system only to close the school 3 years later, old schools don't sell well ... this shit is common with government.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    brianlux said:

I'm just not feeling it...I am really not, government no longer works for the people...but thats just me, I'm very cynical ... I spent 25 years in maintenance at a school board ... trust me, there are efficiencies to be had ... one school they spent over 5 million in new plumbing and heating system only to close the school 3 years later, old schools don't sell well ... this shit is common with government.
    Undoubtedly.  Pretty sad.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,019
    Made me think of:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Undoubtedly.  Pretty sad.
    Brian, that was just one example of poor fiscal responsibilities...I could write a book of wasted money.  One school, the principle spent in the thousands for cable for the weight room ... only to cancel cable a year later.  It's ridiculous.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,827

That's absurd. I have several family members and friends who are/have been in municipal and provincial politics and I know how hard they have worked, seven days a week, for pay that isn't as much as they would get in the private sector, accepting totally unreasonable expectations and comments from people like you. Of course some politicians are corrupt; not all. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf