3-time Cancer Survivor’s Letter to Pearl Jam

2456

Comments

  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    brianlux said:
    Well done, Peter.  Keep on rockin'!
    Thank you!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 11,464
    Wising you the best Peter..be strong..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    23scidoo said:
    Wising you the best Peter..be strong..
    Thank you!
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh 38Posts: 452
    Thank you so much for sharing that story Peter. It has really moved me this morning. I hope that one day you do get to meet some of the band!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    Thank you so much for sharing that story Peter. It has really moved me this morning. I hope that one day you do get to meet some of the band!
    Thank you!
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,237
    Great story, Peter. Congratulations on fighting your ass off and having the power of positive thinking, it will carry you to great lengths. Best of luck and I hope to run into you at Wrigley!
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    pjpitt89 said:
    Great story, Peter. Congratulations on fighting your ass off and having the power of positive thinking, it will carry you to great lengths. Best of luck and I hope to run into you at Wrigley!
    Thanks for the kind words!   See you at Wrigley!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    edited March 14
    Thank you
    Post edited by PP49889 on
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 287
    Fighting back tears after reading that.  Thank you for sharing.  Enjoy Wrigley.  Will raise a toast to you while in Seattle ;-)
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    bigbiggzy said:
    Fighting back tears after reading that.  Thank you for sharing.  Enjoy Wrigley.  Will raise a toast to you while in Seattle ;-)
    Cheers, friend!
  • This was a beautiful read. Thank you for sharing it with us & I wish you all the best.
    FUCK CANCER!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    This was a beautiful read. Thank you for sharing it with us & I wish you all the best.
    FUCK CANCER!
    Thank you!  fuck cancer, indeed!
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,270
    What a beautiful post and positive attitude. Always keep fighting. I hope they play Long Road for you in Wrigley. 

    I am just a dreamer (from Buenos Aires, Argentina), but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there (but I'm really bad with directions)

  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    -Buru- said:
    What a beautiful post and positive attitude. Always keep fighting. I hope they play Long Road for you in Wrigley. 

    Thank you!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    Thank you!
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 929
    Man, what a read! Thank you for your words.

    My wife is a survivor of breast cancer and there's not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for the support we received from strangers who know the long road. Our family and friends were a fantastic support, but the words of support from strangers who understand the battle was uplifting. Music is such a healer, and whilst I didn't have cancer, Pearl Jam's music helped me be strong and focus on being a rock for my wife.

    Keep living life and enjoy Wrigley! I'll be listening from Australia
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    No Coder said:
    Man, what a read! Thank you for your words.

    My wife is a survivor of breast cancer and there's not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for the support we received from strangers who know the long road. Our family and friends were a fantastic support, but the words of support from strangers who understand the battle was uplifting. Music is such a healer, and whilst I didn't have cancer, Pearl Jam's music helped me be strong and focus on being a rock for my wife.

    Keep living life and enjoy Wrigley! I'll be listening from Australia
    Congratulations to your wife and to you!   Thank you for the kind words!  Prayers of continued good health for your family!   
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 3,573
    Peter, 
    Thanks for eloquently sharing your story reminding us how important are hope and gratitude. Your abundant possession of both is inspiring. 
    Looking forward to sharing the '18 Wrigley experience :smiley: :rock_on:
    David
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,483
    Great letter, man. Last night (before I saw your wonderful post here) I decided that I would type up and snail mail it to the band to let them know how big of a part they’ve played in my life, but especially in my new life with MS. Songs have new meaning and sometimes they’re the only thing that get me out of bed. So cheers to you in your fight. We all got your back. 
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    jjflash said:
    Peter, 
    Thanks for eloquently sharing your story reminding us how important are hope and gratitude. Your abundant possession of both is inspiring. 
    Looking forward to sharing the '18 Wrigley experience :smiley: :rock_on:
    David
    Thank you for kind words, David.  Enjoy Wrigley!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    Great letter, man. Last night (before I saw your wonderful post here) I decided that I would type up and snail mail it to the band to let them know how big of a part they’ve played in my life, but especially in my new life with MS. Songs have new meaning and sometimes they’re the only thing that get me out of bed. So cheers to you in your fight. We all got your back. 
    Sorry to hear of the MS diagnosis.  Write the letter.   I’ve found writing this post to be very cathartic. I’ll see you on the long road, friend.  
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,483
    PP49889 said:
    Great letter, man. Last night (before I saw your wonderful post here) I decided that I would type up and snail mail it to the band to let them know how big of a part they’ve played in my life, but especially in my new life with MS. Songs have new meaning and sometimes they’re the only thing that get me out of bed. So cheers to you in your fight. We all got your back. 
    Sorry to hear of the MS diagnosis.  Write the letter.   I’ve found writing this post to be very cathartic. I’ll see you on the long road, friend.  
    Thanks man. I’ll absolutely write the letter. If you say it’s cathartic, then I’m going to do it. Best to you, man. Always keep us up to date with how you’re doing. Some of the most caring and wonderful people I’ve ever come across in life have been people from this board. Keep fighting the good fight. We’re all rooting for you. 
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    PP49889 said:
    Great letter, man. Last night (before I saw your wonderful post here) I decided that I would type up and snail mail it to the band to let them know how big of a part they’ve played in my life, but especially in my new life with MS. Songs have new meaning and sometimes they’re the only thing that get me out of bed. So cheers to you in your fight. We all got your back. 
    Sorry to hear of the MS diagnosis.  Write the letter.   I’ve found writing this post to be very cathartic. I’ll see you on the long road, friend.  
    Thanks man. I’ll absolutely write the letter. If you say it’s cathartic, then I’m going to do it. Best to you, man. Always keep us up to date with how you’re doing. Some of the most caring and wonderful people I’ve ever come across in life have been people from this board. Keep fighting the good fight. We’re all rooting for you. 
    Good!  I will be sure to update.  We are all rooting for you, too!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    Thank you
  • juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,118
    Amazing journey....Thanks for sharing! It’s amazing how many of us look to this band for inspiration! 
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    juddboz80 said:
    Amazing journey....Thanks for sharing! It’s amazing how many of us look to this band for inspiration! 
    Thank you!
  • BJ83054BJ83054 Posts: 1
    I have said it many times before, and will continue to say it. You are my hero. Your positivity and strength is amazing. I am so glad that I have been a part of your PJ experience. Have a great time in Wrigley, will be thinking of you in Seattle and Missoula!

    Brent  
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    BJ83054 said:
    I have said it many times before, and will continue to say it. You are my hero. Your positivity and strength is amazing. I am so glad that I have been a part of your PJ experience. Have a great time in Wrigley, will be thinking of you in Seattle and Missoula!

    Brent  
    Thanks, Jenkins!  Enjoy the shows!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    Thank you!
  • PP49889PP49889 Posts: 99
    Best of luck my friend. You have faced adversity and fear head on and came out a winner. At some point in life everyone walks that long road. Your story should inspire everyone to keep walking and never give up. Enjoy the show this summer. 
    Thank you, friend!
Sign In or Register to comment.